Tips for Effective Regulatory Compliance Management
Regulatory compliance helps managing information security by meeting the regulatory controls and
reporting. Event logs systematically captured is an immense source of data for identifying and fixing
vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and processes. Log management, therefore, becomes an essential
arsenal for compliance and is one of the many elements that contribute to efficient compliance strategies.
Certain strategies are recommended as best practices in regulatory compliance management. They are:
● Validating and confirming that controls are appropriately placed and are operating as expected.
Controls are aimed at ensuring security at all levels in the organization.
● Collecting various types of data across the network. Data collection is a standard practice that
contributes to regulatory compliance ineffective security management.
● Having a centralized view of IT security and compliance–It is essential to have a centralized and
holistic view of the entire IP security and compliance set up.
● Quick identification and reporting of problems and taking corrective actions – predictions based
on trends and Identifying problems are essential. Also, reporting these security concerns and
arriving at solutions too are equally essential.
In order to adhere to and implement these best practices in regulatory compliance, eminent service
providers have today innovative compliance management solutions. These solutions apply to small as
well as large scale businesses and comprise all security and IT–GRC functions that are needed to be
compliant. This apart, it has an easy to adopt compliance management framework along with “ready to
use” leading edge context based inference engines, frameworks, high-end alert processing and simple
monitoring and logging solutions. Other services offered by the solution are:-
● Minimizes and streamlines the time needed for regulatory compliance and certification procedure.
● Offers a comprehensive ongoing automated process for all compliance, security, assessment,
audit, and risk management requirements.
● Has an inbuilt assistance for HIPAA compliance and PCI compliance that can easily be extended
to other compliance regulations / standards such as COBIT, ISO, SOX, etc.
● Scales up effortlessly from small business to large enterprises and can be completely
● 100 percent channel focused, through its efficient managed compliance provider program.
● Highly cost-efficient with up to 10x reduction in the total cost of ownership.
● Offers efficient vendor management by easily managing and automating 100’s of external
vendors through a quick assessment tool - Hi-Scan.
● Helps in demystifying the numerous regulations and standards through improved content and
enables newbie’s and domain experts to easily meet compliance requirements.
Managing security and compliance in an enterprise can be time consuming. Innovative compliance
management solutions streamline the complex and time-consuming process of maintaining and attaining
compliance and security. Based on aninitial survey, the solution’s unique risk calculator enables in
prioritizing and focusing on the security and compliance areas that require immediate attention.
Read on - GLBA Compliance, IT risk management