Ch 8.3 Questions Answered
Be sure you get the correct
answers so you are prepared for
1. Why did Antifederalists oppose the
• Believed it took too much power away from the
• Did not guarantee rights for the people
• Senate might turn into a powerful aristocracy
• A president might be declared king
2. How did the Federalists and Anti-federalists
work against each other?
• Published their opinions in newspapers and
3. Who wrote the Federalists Papers?
• James Madison
• Alexander Hamilton
• John Jay
4. What is the purpose of the Bill of Rights?
• A set of rules that defines people’s rights
5. What role did James Madison play in adding the
Bill of Rights to the Constitution?
• Madison’s suggested adding a Bill of Rights so
that Antifederalists states would agree to live by
• He wrote the original list