Data Processing 9
Frillio’s Pizza Simulation
Instructions-Activity 2-Place Mat
Save as: lastname.placemat
Objective: Use your skills with the drawing tools in Microsoft Word to create a placemat for
1. Create a place mat similar to the attached example with the following guidelines:
a. Use the attached Tic-Tac-Tie grid as a guideline for info to include
2. Turn your page to Landscape View (File Menu>Page Setup>Landscape
3. Use the entire page
4. Create a fun and easy-to-read title – keep it simple – your audience is young children.
5. Add at least two (2) appropriate activities that children can play such as –
a. a word search
c. picture to color
d. a fill in the blanks activity
e. a word match using pizza and restaurant-related items
f. a list of fun facts about pizza
g. ** BE SURE TO INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS THAT EXPLAIN HOW TO
COMPLETE EACH ACTIVITY, SUCH AS INCLUDING CLEARLY MARKED
START AND END POINTS IF YOU INCLUDE A MAZE **
6. Add some kid-humor using some or all of these one-liners:
Q: How do you fix a broken pizza?
A: With tomato paste
Q: What do you call a person who can drink soda and sing at the same time?
A: A pop singer!
Q: What does an aardvark like on it’s pizza?
7. Include the Frillio’s Pizza logo on the place mat (you can choose which one to use)
8. Include the following contact information in a visible place:
a. Address: 111 Pepperoni Dr., Saucy, CA 92888
b. Phone: 1-888-FRILLIO
c. Web Site: http://www.frilliospizza
9. Place the text “We Deliver Every Day and Night of the Week” near the bottom center of
the place mat.
10. Put your finished product in the Hand-in folder when done.