Planet : Mars
Dalia Ruiz Medina
The name of the planet is Mars. It was named after a roman
god known as Mars. It means Ares, god of war in Greek.
Mars was discovered since prehistoric times. So no one really
• The interior of the Mars is mostly sulfer
and iron. Its core is 1700km radius. It has
a rocky molten mater. Thin crust 4000km
long. But in the northern hemisphere it is
35km, and in the southern hemisphere it is
Mars atmosphere is thin. It is composed of (95.3%) carbon dioxide,
(2.7%) nitrogen, (1.6%) Aragon, (.15%) oxygen, (.03%) water, and has 7
mill bars pressure.
• Mariner4 was sent in 1965.
• Mars2 and two Vicking Landers in 1976.
• Mars Pathfinder in July 4,1997
• In 2004 mars expedition rovers (Spirit and
Opportunity) took pictures and data.
• 2008, Phoenix searched for water with
mars orbiters- Odyssey and Express and
the Reconnaissance orbiter.
Mars diameter is 6794km. Its distance from the sun is 227,940,000km. It
is in 4th position from the sun. The total mass is 6.4219e23kg. Mars
average temperature is 218k (-55c, -67f). One day on mars lasts 24.6
hours, and one year takes 686.98 days. It has only two moons.
• On Mars surface there is Olympus Mors,
reaching to be 24km in height 500km in
diameter, and has a cliff 66km high.
• There’s Hellas Plamtia crater in the
southern hemisphere 6km deep and
2000km in diameter.
• Thorsis is a bulge 4000km across 10km
• Valles Marinesris canyons 2-7km deep.
• Olympus Mors is the
largest mountain in our
• Mariner4 was the first
sent to mars.
• Mars2 and two Viking
Landers were the first to
land on mars
• It is believed that 5 million
years ago there was a
frozen sea of liquid
• Did you know that is the
symbol for mars
This symbol means the shield
and sphere of the god of wars.
Five things that make the planet
• Similar • different
• Its atmosphere has
carbon dioxide used
by carbonated rocks
• It has plate tectonics
• Known to have