NOTICE OF REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
TOWN OF SHADY SHORES
7:00 P.M., MONDAY, MARCH 7, 2005
SHADY SHORES COMMUNITY CENTER
101 SOUTH SHADY SHORES ROAD
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
3. Approval of minutes
a. FEBRUARY 7, 2005 REGULAR MEETING
b. FEBRUARY 19, 2004 WORKSHOP
4. Approval of accounts receivable and Accounts payable reports for FEBRUARY 2005
5. Citizens Agenda
PURSUANT TO THE STATE OF TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS STATUTE: The Governing Body of the Town
of Shady Shores is restricted to discussion and may not take action on items not posted on the agenda. Those items
mentioned by citizens may be placed on a future agenda.
6. Announcements for MARCH
a. COMPREHENSIVE /STRATEGIC PLAN WORKSHOP MARCH 2, 2005 8:30A.M.
b. COMPREHENSIVE/STRATEGIC PLAN WORKSHOP-MARCH 12, 2005 8:30 A.M.
c. PLANNING & ZONING WORKSHOP-ORDINANCE REVIEW MARCH 3,2005 7:00 P.M.
d. Schedule council workshop to discuss resolutions suggested by Town Attorney in workshop(2-16-05)
a) Resolution regarding Town Financial Policy
b) Resolution regarding two people to authorize checks
c) Resolution to budget funds left in reserve accounts
d) Resolution regarding procedures for adding agenda items to council meetings
e) Resolution regarding banking institution available to place town funds
f.) Resolution regarding Berry Street
7. Consideration and action to approve an Ordinance regarding review of conditional use permit
Issued to M.M. Passon in 1968 (Approved by Planning & Zoning on November 11, 2004)
8. Consideration and action to approve a conditional use permit to Shady Shores Baptist Church.
9. Consideration and action to review plans for April 9, 2005 trash cleanup. (Presentation by Carolyn Belknap)
10. Consideration and action to allocate funds to purchase signs to announce community activities.
(Presentation by Carolyn Belknap)
11. Consideration and action to adopt an ordinance amending ordinance No. 75 attachment “A”
adding additional locations for stop signs
12. Consideration and action regarding Mosquito Fern located on South Shady Shores Road near Corp of Engineers
13. Discussion and action regarding Berry Street workshop (2-24-05)
14. Discussion and action regarding Lake Cities Mayors meeting to determine Fire Department formula.
15. Discussion and action regarding Mayor’s Building Committee. (Tom Dusman, Kim Meier, Ted Ross and John
16. Discussion and action regarding Water Department meeting 2-28-05 as it relates to Shahan Subdivision (Redbud
water line and fire protection)
17. Discussion and action regarding Water Department meeting 2-28-05 as it relates to Shady Shores Subdivision (road
widening and fire protection)
18. Follow-up to request in January for an updated map of Shady Shores for Corinth Police Department.
19. Consideration and action to approve a survey and plat as required by TXU to move existing electric
pole on 8th Street and June.
20. Consideration and action of appointment to oversee July 4, 2005 weekend task force.
21. Discussion and action of Lakefest 2005.
22. Consideration and action to proceed with the development of the two-acre community center site.
23. Fire department report (Kathe Strantz)
24. Reports from Councilmembers
Mayor Olive Stephens Mayor Pro-tem Nita Watkins
Councilperson Patty Durkin Councilperson Ann Falkenberg
MASTER PLAN ORDINANCE ENFORCEMENT/LAKEFEST PLANS
Councilperson Betty Brown Councilperson Polly Carter
LIBRARY/WEB SITE/POLICE SPECIAL PROJECTS
25. Adjourn to Executive Session:
Closed Meeting to discuss personnel matters as authorized under the Texas Government Code
a) Section 551.074 Personnel matters
26. Reconvene into regular session
a) Discussion and action executive session matters-Section 551.074 Personnel matters
I, Olive Stephens, Mayor the Town of Shady Shores do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Council
Meeting was posted on the bulletin board at the Community Center, 101 S. Shady Shores Road, Shady Shores, Texas on
1st day of MARCH 2005, at 3:30 p.m.
_________________ Olive Stephens, Mayor