Environmental Science Chapter 15 Study Guide
1. Know your table of traditional vs. modern farming methods.
2. How does farmland become desertified?
3. Does it take more energy to get animal/livestock products or plant/crop products to
4. Describe no-till farming.
5. How can you REDUCE salinization?
6. What different things can cause famines?
7. Soil formation usually involves the decomposition of bedrock.
8. How does no-till farming help conserve soil fertility?
9. What are “persistent pesticides”?
10. What are 3 methods of biological pest control?
11. Erosion is most likely when the soil is bare and exposed to wind and rain.
12. Explain why political problems (like war), as well as agricultural yields, can also
13. Draw and label a soil profile. Describe the characteristics of each layer.