CUMBERLAND VALLEY CORVETTE CLUB
Club Minutes - September 2, 2010
The meeting was called to order by President Bob Bowen with a moment of prayer for the men and women in
uniform overseas and for our loved ones.
Minutes - motion to accept was made Melissa Bobb and seconded by Robby Robinson.
Treasurers Report - motion to accept was made by Debbie Warner and seconded by Mike Hurley.
Governors Report - Jack briefly discussed up and coming events. He thanked everyone for their help at the
AutoX at Corvettes at Carlisle. Motion to accept was made by Charlie Wert and second by Sally Walter.
Mark and Claudia Stouffer Sponsored by - Larry Kiser
Bob and Julia Hoffman Sponsored by Tom and Gail Mitchell
Mark and Cathy Carr Sponsored by George Bobb
Motion to accept the Carrs as new members by George Bobb and seconded by Mary Hare.
Joe Arnoso Sponsored by Roger Rickrode.
Motion to accept Joe as a new member by Larry Keiser and seconded by Roger Rickrode.
Cruisers and Waxers - go on web site about up and coming shows. Jim Staver gave a brief overview of Corvettes at
Speed Report - None
PAST EVENTS -
1. August 21 - H & H Show - Ed Hare reported that show went well. He thanked everyone who helped, donated
Baked good and other donations.
2. August 27-29 - Corvettes at Carlisle - Dave Walter thanked all who helped with the AutoX.
- Vettes in the Valley - Jim Fusco gave a brief overview of the hurdles they had. The club broke
even on this event.
Up and Coming Events - See newsletter or web site.
1. September 17-19 - Grape Stomping’ Weekend - Ken Novinger reported that he had 16 cars going.
2. September 24 - East Pennsboro Homecoming - Mike Filanowski is chairing.
3. September 25 - Ulysses Cruise - Gary Miller reported that he had 6 cars signed up. They will leave at 6:00 am.
4. September 25 - Alpacalco Acres - Benefit Bermudian Spring Future Farmers.
5. October 9 - Lawrence Show - Dave Walters ask to bring donations to October Meeting.
6. October 9 - Flaming Foliage - Contact John Paul
7. October 17 - Corvette/Porsche Challenge - Giant Center, Hershey - Contact Dave Walter.
8. September 29-October 2 - Fall Carlisle Show - Dave Walter reported that he has a space available for $95.00.
If you are interested in selling car parts etc. contact Dave.
Election 2011 Nominations -
President - Skip Gutshall
Vice President - Ed Hare
Treasurer - Gary Miller
Secretary - Joan Bower, Karen Priestner
Governor - Jack Priestner, Karen Priestner
Board Members - George Bobb, Paul Ezzo, Jim Staver, Mike Ludt, Bill Sangrey, Kim Fusco,
Larry Kiser, Bill Grove
General Items for Discussion -
1. September 16 - 7:30 am - United Way Breakfast and Parade - Mike Hurley reported that cars are needed for
2. October 16 - Farmers Fair Parade - Carl Strayer need 6 cars the queens in the parade. Cars are to meet at the
old Lafevers car lot at 6:00 pm. Cars can be decorated but NO CANDY to throw out. Contact Carl
if you will be in parade.
3. Judy Ludt reported that CVCC won first place in the Summerfair parade.
4. Ed Hare made a motion to allocate $1,000 from the H & H Show to the American Cancer Society.
Motion to accept was made by Mike Breen and seconded by Paul Ezzo.
5. September 26 - Larry Kiser reported that Carlisle Elks was holding a car show. $10 for early registration.
6. September 12 - Stuart Cook reported that the Cumberland Valley Car Club has a car show at the fair grounds.
7. September 11 - Bill Grove needs cars for the Carlisle Fire & Rescue parade. Be at the fire station on Spring
Road by 12:00 pm.
8. Dave Walter made a motion to allocate $400 from the profit made at the AutoX during Corvettes at Carlisle
toward the Chip Miller Foundation. Debbie Warner seconded the motion.
A motion to adjourn was made by all.
Name tag Drawing was won by Mike Evans.
The 50/50 drawing of $51.00 was won by John Paul and Larry Keiser.
Respectfully submitted by: