The CSI Stick:
The Threat is Real
Where did this come from?
• Developed primarily for law enforcement,
surveillance, and intelligence operations
• Available to the public
• Manufactured by a company called Paraben
What does it do?
• Plugs in to most Motorola and Samsung cell phones….AND.... more
phones will be added shortly including Nokia & LG
• Connects to the charging port and collects e-mails, instant messages,
dialed numbers, texts, and anything else that is stored in the phone’s
• There is no trace in the phone that the information had been comprimised
How does this device change our lives?
• Anyone can get this device
• Parents can use it to monitor their children’s
• Your significant other can monitor your
activities without you knowing
What do you have to hide?
For a mere 200 dollars, this device can be purchased through
the Paraben web site
If your cell phone has sensitive data, do not leave it
Now in addition to having your conversation being intercepted
through your bluetooth, there is a new threat, and it’s very