The Four Seasons
What We Are Learning
◦ What a Season is
◦ Why Seasons Occur
◦ The Four Seasons that make up a
What is a Season?
A Season is one of the major divisions of
the year, generally based on yearly
periodic changes in the weather.
Why Do Seasons Occur?
Seasons occur because the earth is tilted at
an angle on its axis. As the earth moves
around the sun during the year, different
parts of the earth are tilted towards the
sun at different times.
Interactive Seasons Activity
• Cold Weather
• Snow and Ice Storms
• Dress Warm: Jackets, Gloves, Hats, Snow
• Christmas Time
• Fun Activities: Skiing, Sledding, Building
Snowman, Ice-Skating, Ice Fishing
“Season Between Winter & Summer when
most plants begin to grow”.
• Warm Air and a lot of rain
• Rain Jacket, Capri Pants
• Fun Activities: Gardening, Playing
• Out of School
• Hot and Humid
• Bathing suits, Sun dresses, Flip Flops
• Fun Activities: Going to the Beach,
Swimming Pools, Vacations!
• Leaves on trees turn colors
• Trees shed their leaves
• Days get shorter and cooler
• Dress warmer: Sweaters, Jeans, Clogs
• Thanksgiving and Halloween
• Fun Activities: Nature Walks, Apple
Fun Activity Using the Computer
My Favorite Season
My favorite Season is Summer. I love
summer because my favorite activity is
swimming. In the summer I am a lifeguard
at my local pool. I love being outdoors and
enjoying the warm weather!
What Is Your Favorite Season?
Working Individually you will be creating a
visual for your classmates. The visual will
include your favorite season with images
and words showing why.
HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE