7th grade Social Studies (Geography)
First Semester Guide
-Use map key components and apply them
-Be able to mention physical and human characteristics of Nuevo León
(chart from notebook)
-Study the questions from the project “Traveling Through Mexico”
-You will have to locate on a map the following states: Baja California Sur,
Guerrero, Nuevo León, Quintana Roo, Tamaulipas, Chihuahua ,Jalisco,
Puebla, San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas.
-You will locate and label on a map the 6 Mexican regions. (Pacific
Northwest, Southern Uplands, Chiapas Highlands, Yucatan Peninsula, Gulf
Coastal Plains, Plateau of Mexico (notebook)
-Know the capitals of every State of Mexico.
- Know Mexico's Boundaries to the North, South, East, and West.
- Know the 5 themes of geography
latitude, longitude, special purpose map, legend key, scale, physical map,
political map, compass rose, continental drift, transform boundary,
pangea, sea floor spreading, tectonic plates, lithosphere, seismic waves,
ring of fire, geology, Mulato, pampas, gaucho, favela, ecotourism,
plantations, maquiladoras, gasohol.
- Questions from lesson reviews of Brazil, Andean countries, and The
Grassland countries. Questions from chapter test preparation of South
-You will need to identify on a map of South America the following physical
features: (map in notebook)
Andes Mountains Rio de la Plata Atacama Desert Orinoco River
Lake Titicaca Angel Falls Patagonia
Machu Picchu Amazon River Mt. Aconcagua Pampas.
- You are going to be able to locate and label the countries of South
America on a map including its islands.
- You will have to analyze global problems and give possible solutions.
You will be graded with the following rubric:
- Quality of information to support argument (accuracy, quantity)
- Conventions (spelling, grammar, punctuation, legible handwriting)
- Creativity, organization, and proper voice
Bring color pencils to the exam… Study hard and Good Luck!