Harmony Light v5.02 - Build 8 March 2007
Microsoft Windows Vista
Harmony Light V5.02 was released to make Harmony Light compatible with Windows Vista.
Apart from a few aesthetic modifications caused by changes to pixel usage in Vista, the only changes
required were primarily related to security and installation location on your hard drive.
There are a number of different system folders in the new Vista system that, if used activate a Virtual
Access to the data. This means, that if you installed in one of these locations e.g. ProgramData each user
would have their own Virtual copy of the data and changes done by one user could not be seen by the
Although this (switching users) would not be a common practice, it is not acceptable to allow this to be
possible. In order to counter this problem, we have modified the setup procedure so that you don’t have a
choice. It will always install in the same folder \Harmony Software\Light5.
The setup procedure will allow you to select which disk drive to install on, but not change this default
In order to install Harmony on a Windows Vista and XP computer, you MUST be logged on to the
computer with Administrator privileges. Once you have installed Harmony Light, you are then able to run
the software as a Standard User.
NB: We have tested the functionality of Harmony Light v5.02 on all Vista versions; however, we are
unable to test the myriad of different printer drivers. If you have problems printing from Harmony Light via
Vista, we recommend that you install the latest Vista compatible printer driver for your printer.
Harmony Light v5.01 - Build 21 August 2006
JET Funding JFA
Harmony Light will now calculate JFA (JET) automatically and enter the amount into the Other Subsidy
field on the timesheet. In the booking/timesheet over-ride, there is a new Tab for JFA. All you have to do
is enter the number of JFA hours – this should be obtained from your scheme.
Disability Supplement (DSUPs) or Inclusion Support Subsidy (ISS)
Disability Supplement is progressively changing to a new program called Inclusion Support Subsidy -
apart from the name, it also has a different way of calculating.
ISS is paid at a fixed hourly rate on total hours of care. There are two Tiers; Tier 1 is $4 per hour and Tier
2 is $8 per hour. If you care for a disabled child, ask your scheme for details of what you should be
entering into Harmony.
The original DSUP’s method of calculating is still available, but this will eventually be phased out as
children are reviewed throughout the year. Also on the subject of DSUP's, Harmony now doesn't include
the add on costs like admin levy, food, travel etc in the DSUP calculation when calculating a rate for
DSUP’s or ISS.
When you change your fee schedule from "Main" to your own de-regulated fee schedule for the first time,
Harmony now sets this as the default and automatically updates all your bookings as well.
To alleviate confusion, we have standardised on the term 'Booking'. If you changed to Contract during the
original v5 installation, this will have changed back to ‘booking’ as part of the v5.01 upgrade. If you really
want to retain the word Contract, this can be achieved by logging on as ADMIN and customizing the
name. Rather than make this document too complex, if you would like to revert back to ‘Contract’ please
email Harmony Support for instructions.
Following numerous requests, we have included a NEW Parent Invoice that can be printed either
singularly from the Timesheet list or altogether from the Reports, Timesheets menu.
This allows you to give a parent an invoice for all un-receipted timesheets. It also has an option to print
the running balance and a note. Once receipted, a timesheet will not appear on future invoices, unless
you cancel the receipt.
When you cancel a receipt, Harmony now checks to see if there is an entry in the Accounts. If it finds one,
it will ask if you want to delete it as well.
The parent running cash balance is now printed on the receipt. This is specifically the amount that they
are in credit, NOT what they owe you. If you want to know what’s owing, print the Invoice.
The Backup reminder has been moved to the Exit process instead of on entry.
The Diary Schedule - Attendance graphical display now includes absences. These are displayed in
Child List Report
You can print a selective child list, simply by tagging the children that you want on the report - useful for
excluding casual children or producing a report for an excursion or something similar.
Harmony Light v5.00 - Build 3 April 2006
Fixed the problem with sending emails from Harmony Light for Microsoft Outlook mail clients who
received the following error:
2- One or more unspecified errors occurred
Harmony Light v5.00 - Build 14 February 2006
Further minor changes:
1. Attendance sign-in sheet, “1 week multiple children per page” option – if the
child and parent surname are different, Harmony now prints the parent surname in brackets
after the child’s name.
2. Added a variation of the Timesheet Summary Report which prints a weekly
summary of timesheets without the child details, as per the old version 4.3.6
3. When entering Expenses in the Accounts, Harmony now allows you to use the
shortcut keys Alt G and Alt A to calculate the GST amount, similar to the old v4.3.6
Harmony Light v5.00 - Build 13 February 2006
A few minor changes have been made to the original build:
1. Family Fee Estimate Report & Child Fee Estimate Report
Added Carer and Parent Signature boxes to provide for Contract Acceptance
2. Timesheet and Attendance Sign in Sheet
a. Increased the size of the data range field because certain printers did not print the ‘to
b. Fixed minor bug where child code was printing as ??
3. Provided an option to print the Diary Entries in portrait as well as landscape
Major Differences between 4.3.6 and v5.00 – Build 6 Feb 2006
The User manual has been completely re-written, and ahs a number of new features to assist you with
Harmony Light v5.00
1. You can bring up the user manual by pressing the F1 key at any time
2. It is context sensitive, which means that when you press F1, it will open the user manual on
the specific page that coincides with where you are in the system.
Fee Schedules have been revolutionised
1. They have a Start Date, so that you can import them before the old fees are obsolete
2. If you need to do an old timesheet or a future estimate, Harmony will automatically select the
correct generation of your fees to match the date of the timesheet/estimate.
3. You can now Import them directly from a CD
4. To provide for deregulation, you are able to have more than two different fee schedules.
5. For a simple de-regulation system, use the schemes base fees and then nominate your own
hourly component to add/subtract to the base fees. Two components can be nominated, one
for standard hours and one for non standard hours.
6. You CANNOT deregulate (change) any of the items in the Scheme Rules section of Fee
Parameters; these are global rules that MUST be maintained.
A number of changes have been made to the child details that make the CCB calculation process more
date oriented once the details have been set for a child.
1. School Age children must have a school Start Date so that Harmony can select the
appropriate school percentage depending on the3 date of the timesheets/estimate.
2. Family Assessment Notice (AN) details are dated, so that when a family’s assessment details
change, you still have access to the old percentages and eligible hours.
3. Harmony now counts the number of 24 hour care sessions a child has, and restricts it to 14
(the normal annual limit). If the scheme co-ordinator grants an exemption for a specific child,
this can be entered into the child’s details.
4. You are able to enter a child’s DSUP’s payment details, and it will automatically display on
your booking/contract and timesheets.
5. Harmony uses the number of children in care to determine which percentage to use. You are
no longer able to type a percentage into a booking/contract or timesheet, you MUST select
the number of children in care. Harmony will then retrieve the correct percentage from the
Assessment Notice details for the appropriately dated Assessment Notice to match the
booking/contract/timesheet you are working on.
Bookings/Contracts have become much more flexible.
1. A booking/contract has a Start Date, so you are able to enter future booking changes when
you know them and Harmony will automatically use those details on the sign in sheets and
when you do the timesheets
2. You can now enter a true roster, with from 1 to 4 different weeks. Again, Harmony will use the
correct details for the sign in sheets and the Timesheets.
3. You are now able to add DSUP details to your booking/contract, which will calculate when
you do your timesheets.
There are a number of enhancements to make the timesheet process easier.
1. You will notice, that the Completed timesheet status has changed to Receipted. This is an
automatic process, which occurs once you issue a receipt for a timesheet. The old
Completed status was a manual process that many didn’t do.
2. When you access the timesheet list, you are able to change the View from In Progress,
Receipted or All timesheets. Receipted timesheets will be displayed in Red
3. For those carers that have fairly consistent bookings, there is a new feature whereby you are
able to ‘bulk’ create timesheets from your bookings/contracts called ‘Automatically Copy
Timesheets’. This allows you to select the timesheet week once and then Tag all the children
whose bookings/contracts Harmony should generate Timesheets for.
Remember: Even if you use this feature, you can still access an individual timesheet, once it
has been copied, to make minor changes before saving it.
Without implementing a full blown debtors system, a facility not generally required in the family day care
situation, we have provided a method of maintaining a running balance to record both over and under
payments by parents
1. When you enter a receipt in v5.00, you firstly tell Harmony how much the parent has paid,
then you tag as many timesheets as the payment will cover.
2. If a timesheets is NOT completed paid for by the payment, Harmony will not let you tag that
3. Harmony will provide a Child Care receipt for the timesheets that have been completely paid
out, and then if there is a balance, it will carry it forward to the next time you do a receipt for
4. There will never be an under payment as such, because Harmony won’t allow a timesheet to
be receipted until it is completely paid out. Therefore a short payment will always be stored
as a balance carried forward.
5. Balances carried forward are NOT posted to the accounts as Income, because they are
technically pre-payments. The income for the timesheet will ONLY be recorded in the
accounts once you receive it in full.
We have attempted to simplify the accounts transaction process, and consequently have removed the old
Master Detail functions of v4.3.6. In that mode you had to enter the Total of the transaction and then
make sure that all the items added up to the total.
1. If you have a docket for example from Woolies, and it has craft, stationary and books. You
will now enter 3 transactions, one for each item instead of 1 transaction with 3 items.
2. If you have a Woolies docket, and it prints the amount of GST at the bottom, but you are
unsure how much the expense item was in Total, there is a new feature, whereby you can
type in the GST amount and ask Harmony to work out item cost for you.
3. You can leave the Private Percentage details until the end of the BAS period, and apply it in
bulk once you know what it is. This feature allows you to enter a private percentage value,
and then Tag all the transactions you want it to apply to.
Business Activity Statement
The BAS process has a couple of changes:
1. You are now able to select Annual BAS period as well as Monthly and Quarterly.
2. When you do your BAS, if you have a PAYG percentage from the ATO, enter it into the BAS
dialogue, and it will calculate and print the PAYG estimate based on your Income totals.
The archives process makes it easier to do, view the details of your archived families/children and Recall:
1. Archived families and children can be accessed at the click of the mouse by simply changing
the View from Active to Archived
2. There is no need to delete children’s timesheets before you are able to archive a family.
3. You can view the archived details as easily as if they were still active.
4. You are able to produce a number of reports for archived families and children
We have added Simple MAPI email functionality, which most email clients support.
1. You are able to email Harmony Support, a family, an address book contact or a backup carer
if they have a valid email address entered simply by clicking on the email now button.
Harmony doesn’t call your email client directly, but formats a special email dialogue for you to
enter your message and add an attachment to.
2. You are able to bulk email families by formatting an email and then tagging all the families
you want top send it to
3. We are still working on the ability to email timesheets to the scheme and/or receipts to the
All the reports have been re-designed, but most are similar to the v4.3.6 formats. There are a number of
1. You are able to print out address labels to a range of address label formats
2. You are able to re-print a whole range of receipts for a parent in one go
3. There is a timesheet/receipt summary report which may be acceptable for the 30% rebate
4. There is a new report which shows how much parents owe at any time
5. If you select print booked times on the sign in sheets, they will now reflect the different
booked times for children on rosters
6. You can print out your chart of accounts
7. You can now print out the daily child attendance schedule