By Aamna Atif and Aubrey Luna
• In some lab tests toxins were found in mice after
they ate GM food.
• There are no reliable ways to make sure GM food is allergy safe.
• GM food makes your metabolism weak.
• “The toxin level of GM crops is unpredictable” (Pusztai).
• Also, people would lose their jobs because there is less need for
manpower to grow GM crops.( Murnaghan)
• Another issue with GMFs is that other organisms in the
ecosystem could be affected which could lead to a lower level of
• By removing one pest that harms the crop, you could be
removing a food source for an animal (Fact).
• Some GM foods are modified using bacteria and viruses, which
could lead to an emergence of new diseases (Fact).
• What is your interpretation of the comics?
• Do you like the fact that producers don't label GM food? Why or
• What do you think the affect of GMF’s on humans will be?
• Do you think that the food at various fast food restaurants is
• Do you think genetically modified food should be served at South?
• Do you think you have any genetically modified food in your home?
• Do you think that genetically modified foods are safe for humans to
• Do you think that is “right” to add chemicals to food?
Why or why not?
Do you think that the food at various fast food
restaurants is genetically modified?
Do you think genetically modified food should be
served at South?
• Do you think you have any genetically modified food in
Do you think that is “right” to add chemicals to
food? Why or why not?
• Kartha, Deepa “Genetically Altered Food Pros and Cons”
March 24, 2011)
• “Fact Sheet: Pros vs. Cons” http://www.geneticallymodifiedfoods.co.uk/fact-sheet-pros-vs-
cons.html (Accessed, March 24, 2011)
• Bittman, Mark “Why Aren’t G.M.O. Foods Labeled?”
(Accessed, March 25, 2011)
• Cosmato, Donna “You Are What You Eat: Benefits and Risks of Genetically Modified Foods”
http://www.brighthub.com/environment/green-living/articles/7415.aspx (Accessed, March
• Panse, Sonal “THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD”
http://www.brighthub.com/science/genetics/articles/23358.aspx (Accessed, March 26, 2011 )
• Whitman, Deborah B. “Genetically Modified Foods: Harmful or Helpful?” CSA. 1 Apr. 200.
Web. 22 Mar. 2011.
• Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge, Margriet Caswell, Lorraine Mitchell, Elise Golan, and Fred Kuchler.
1 Apr. 2006. Web. 22 Mar. 2011.
• Schneider, Keith R., and Renee Goodrich Schneider. Web. 22 Mar. 2011
• Pusztai, Ph.D, Arpad. “Genetically Modified Foods: Are They a Risk to Human/Animal Health?
(ActionBioscience).” ActionBioscience – Promoting Bioscience Literacy. 1 June 2001. Web. 30
Mar. 2011. .
• Murnaghan, Ian. “Fact Sheet: Pros vs Cons – Genetically Modified Foods.” Comphrensive
Advice on Genetically Modified Foods at Genetically Modified Foods (UK). 6 Dec. 2010. Web.
04 Apr. 2011.