Use with this site:
1. Why do living cells need sources of outside energy?
2. How do animals like a Panda obtain their energy?
3. How does energy enter and leave an ecosystem?
4. What is fermentation? Does it utilize oxygen?
5. What two molecules does fermentation (cellular respiration) breakdown
6. What does fermentation (cellular respiration) make (yield)?
7. What must cells regenerate to keep working?
8. What do catabolic pathways like cellular respiration make (yield)?
9. Why does cellular respiration yield energy?
10. Define oxidation –
Define reduction –
11. During cellular respiration, which molecule is oxidized?
12. During cellular respiration, which molecule is reduced?
Oxidation of glucose occurs in a series of steps.
13. What happens to electrons from organic compounds?
14. If electron transfer is not stepwise, what is released?
15. What form of energy is released from cellular respiration?
16. How many groups of reactions occur in respiration?
17. What molecule do the first two groups of reactions break down?
18. What does the 3rd step of respiration make (generate)?
19. What organic molecules does glycolysis and citric acid cycle utilize to make ATP
20. Where in a cell does glycolysis occur?
21. What does glycolysis accomplish?
22. Is energy used or made during glycolysis?
23. Where in the cell does the citric acid cycle occur?
24. What molecule is formed at the end of the electron transport chain?
Advance to the slide that shows the 3 main processes of cellular respiration.
25. What is the maximum amount of ATP made from one molecule of glucose?
26. Fermentation does not use ___________________ to make ATP.
27. Aerobic occurs in the presence of _____________________.
Anaerobic occurs without _______________________.
28. In alcohol fermentation what product is released?
29. During lactic acid fermentation what is the waste product produced?
30. Which process produces more ATP (fermentation or Cellular Respiration)?
31. When and why did glycolysis most likely evolve?
32. What does the body use small molecules for?
33. Where are two areas that these small molecules may come from?
34. What organic molecules control the chemical reactions of cellular respiration?