Promotional Terms and Conditions
1. The promotion period is from 6 December 2011 to 29 February 2012, both dates inclusive ("Promotional Period").
2. Customers must submit the credit card application form during the Promotional Period to enjoy the first two-year annual fee waiver and the Welcome Gift as defined in clause 8 (“Promotional Offer”). No Promotional Offer will
be granted for applications received after the Promotional Period.
3. Customers (“Eligible Cardholders”) must successfully apply for a primary card of UnionPay Dual Currency Diamond/UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card (“Eligible Credit Card”) issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking
Corporation Limited in Hong Kong ("the Bank").
4. New Credit Card Customers (“New Credit Card Customers”) refer to customers who do not possess any personal primary credit card issued by the Bank (including but without limitation, HSBC Premier MasterCard® credit card,
HSBC Advance Visa Card, Visa Platinum/Gold/Classic card, MasterCard Gold/Classic, green card, iCAN card, RMB Gold/Classic card, USD Visa Gold card, JCB Gold card or UnionPay Dual Currency Diamond/UnionPay Dual
Currency Credit Card) at the time of processing of the application for Eligible Credit Card.
5. No Welcome Gift as defined in clause 8 will be granted to customers who have cancelled any of the personal primary cards of card types specified above in clause 4 on or after 1 July 2011. Welcome Gift does not apply to
applications for additional cards.
6. Each Eligible Cardholder is entitled to receive the Welcome Gift once only even if he/she applies for more than one Eligible Credit Card during the Promotional Period. If an Eligible Cardholder is entitled to receive any other
promotional offer under another concurrent promotion run by the Bank, he/she is only entitled to receive one of the promotional offers at the Bank's discretion.
7. Employees of the Bank are not eligible for the Promotional Offer.
Welcome Gifts –Delsey Karat Trolley Case and RewardCash
8. Eligible Cardholders are entitled to receive one of the following welcome gifts (“Welcome Gift”) upon fulfilling the relevant Spending Requirement (if applicable) specified below:
Delsey Karat 64cm 4-Wheel Trolley Case (“Trolley”) RewardCash 0% Interest Rate 6-month Cash Instalment Plan (“Cash
New Credit Card Free Up to $500 RewardCash HKD80,000 or 80% of the credit limit of the HKD
Customers sub-account, whichever is lower
Spending Requirement Spend HKD/RMB 6,500 within the first 60 calendar days of Spend HKD/RMB 5,500 or 3,500 within the first 60 calendar N/A
the credit card issuance (“Trolley Spending Requirement”) days of the credit card issuance for $500 or $300
RewardCash respectively (“RewardCash Spending
Existing Credit Card Redeem it for HKD200 $300 RewardCash N/A
Spending Requirement Spend HKD/RMB 6,500 within the first 60 calendar days of Spend HKD/RMB 3,500 within the first 60 calendar days of N/A
the credit card issuance (“Trolley Spending Requirement”) the credit card issuance (“RewardCash Spending
(i) The above spending requirement amount is the same for HKD and RMB currencies, i.e. the conversion rate of HKD and RMB is 1:1 in the calculation for the Spending Requirements.
(ii) Upon the RewardCash Spending Requirement is fulfilled, RewardCash will be credited to Eligible Cardholder’s newly approved Eligible Credit Card account within the first 100 calendar days from the issue date of the Eligible
Credit Card. Notification letter including the information about the eligible RewardCash amount will be sent to Eligible Cardholder’s local correspondence address by local mail (overseas address will not be covered) within 1
week after the RewardCash has been successfully credited. Terms and conditions of the respective RewardCash Programme apply.
(iii) Upon the Trolley Spending Requirement is fulfilled, redemption letter for the Trolley will be sent to Eligible Cardholder’s local correspondence address by local mail (overseas address will not be covered) within the first 100
calendar days from the issue date of the Eligible Credit Card. Redemption details, including the redemption method, redemption centre address and redemption deadline will be included in the redemption letter.
(iv) Applicable to Existing Credit Card Customer: HKD200 will be debited from the Eligible Cardholders’ newly approved Eligible Credit Card within one month from redemption of Trolley.
9. Eligible Cardholders are required to fulfill the above Spending Requirements (if applicable) within the first 60 calendar days from the issue date of Eligible Credit Card. The spending amount is calculated by adding up all spending
in HKD and RMB currencies made by the Eligible Credit Card on all types of sales transactions (including but without limitation, cash advances, bill payments, online purchases, mail and telephone orders, insurance payments,
Octopus Automatic Add Value service, or posted instalment payments of an instalment plan). Non-sales transactions, including but without limitation, finance charges, cash advance charges, late charges, annual fees or online
tax payment are not included. Unposted, cancelled or refunded transactions and transactions of additional card(s) are also excluded from the calculation of Spending Requirement.
10. Once the Welcome Gift selection is indicated on the credit card application form, it cannot be changed. If an Eligible Cardholder does not indicate the Welcome Gift choice or chooses more than one gift, the Bank will assign
RewardCash as the Welcome Gift for such Eligible Cardholder.
11. The Trolley is available while stocks last. The Bank reserves the right to replace the Trolley with other item, without further notice. In the event of overwhelming responses to this promotion, Eligible Cardholders may experience
some delay in receiving the Trolley. In such a case, the Bank will notify the affected cardholders of the relevant arrangements through the redemption letter.
12. The reference retail price of the Trolley is for indication only. The Bank is not responsible for setting the reference retail price or any difference between the reference retail price and the actual retail price available in the market.
13. Trolley cannot be converted into cash. The manufacturers and/or suppliers of the Trolley are solely responsible for the quality and availability of the products supplied.
14. Only Eligible Cardholders whose Eligible Credit Card accounts are valid and in good standing during the fulfillment period will be eligible for the Welcome Gift.
Welcome Gift – 0% Interest Rate 6-month Cash Instalment Plan (“Cash Instalment Plan”)
15. Cash Instalment Plan is only applicable to New Credit Card Customer and his/her newly approved Eligible Credit Card account. To enjoy the Cash Instalment Plan, Eligible Cardholder is required to activate his/her Eligible Credit
Card within the first 2 weeks upon receipt of the Eligible Credit Card or by 30 April 2012 (whichever is earlier).
16. By selecting the Cash Instalment Plan as Welcome Gift, Eligible Cardholder is deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions set out below and the HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card Cardholder Agreement (which
will be provided when the Eligible Credit Card is issued).
17. Eligible Cardholder is required to specify his/her requested withdrawal amount and the HSBC personal bank account for credit or transfer of the approved withdrawal amount (“Bank Account”) upon the application of Cash
Instalment Plan. If Eligible Cardholders submit their application form via HSBC Internet Banking, a letter will be sent by the Bank to Eligible Cardholders separately to request for such information. The Bank Account has to be a
sole name Hong Kong Dollar account in the same name as the Eligible Cardholder of the Eligible Credit Card.
18. The withdrawal amount requested by Eligible Cardholder must be HKD2,000 or above, and may be up to HKD80,000 or 80% of the credit limit of the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card, whichever is lower. If an Eligible
Cardholder does not indicate the requested withdrawal amount, the Bank will by default treat the requested withdrawal amount as HKD80,000 or 80% of the credit limit of the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card,
whichever is lower. In any circumstances, the withdrawal amount made available by the Bank (“Approved Withdrawal Amount”) shall not, when aggregated with the sum of the total outstanding balance (including all unbilled
balances) in the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card, exceed the credit limit of the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card. The Bank will calculate the available withdrawal amount based on the unused credit limit of
the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card at the time of processing of the Cash Instalment Plan application. If the available withdrawal amount is lower than the withdrawal amount requested by the Eligible Cardholder, the
available withdrawal amount will be applied by the Bank without further notice to the Eligible Cardholder.
19. The Bank will credit or transfer the Approved Withdrawal Amount in a lump sum to the Bank Account within 10 working days after the Eligible Credit Card is activated.
20. Upon approval of the Cash Instalment Plan, the Bank will hold an amount equivalent to the Approved Withdrawal Amount out of the credit limit of the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card. The credit limit of the HKD
sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card will be progressively restored with the amount of each monthly repayment towards the Cash Instalment Plan to the extent that such monthly repayment is received by the Bank.
21. The Bank will debit, in aggregate, an amount equivalent to the Approved Withdrawal Amount from the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card by way of 6 consecutive monthly instalments. The repayment amount debited
from the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card each month ("Repayment Amount") is equal to the Approved Withdrawal Amount divided by 6. The Repayment Amount will be debited from the HKD sub-account of the
Eligible Credit Card as a purchase transaction.
22. The Cash Instalment Plan is subject to the Bank’s usual credit assessments. The Bank is entitled to approve or reject any application or grant a lower withdrawal amount than that the requested amount without giving any reason
or prior notice to Eligible Cardholders.
23. The Approved Withdrawal Amount will not be eligible for any RewardCash.
24. No cancellation for the Cash Instalment Plan is accepted once the Eligible Credit Card application is approved by the Bank.
25. No interest is payable by Eligible Cardholder who makes full repayment of the statement balance specified in the Eligible Credit Card statement on or before the payment due date of each month. For Eligible Cardholder who
chooses to make partial repayment of the statement balance, he/she shall pay interest on all outstanding balances at the prevailing interest rate as stipulated in the Bank's general bank tariffs or other notices provided by the Bank
from time to time applicable to the Eligible Credit Card and in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement applicable to the Eligible Credit Card.
26. Notwithstanding anything contained in the HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card Cardholder Agreement, these terms and conditions or any other document, the Bank will at all times have the right at its sole discretion:
a. at any time to charge the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card , the aggregate of the remaining Approved Withdrawal Amount where an application has been approved but not yet charged to the HKD sub-account of
the Eligible Credit Card; and/or
b. at any time to demand immediate repayment of all sums payable pursuant to the Cash Instalment Plan.
Without prejudice to the Bank's overriding right to demand for repayment of amounts owing to it at any time under the Cash Instalment Plan, the Bank is entitled to make such demand in the event that:
i. the Eligible Credit Card is cancelled or terminated by the Eligible Cardholder or the Bank for whatever reason;
ii. the Eligible Cardholder defaults in the payment of any amounts due under the HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card Cardholder Agreement or these terms and conditions;
iii. the Eligible Cardholder breaches any other provision of the HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card Cardholder Agreement or these terms and conditions;
iv. a bankruptcy petition is presented in relation to the Eligible Cardholder, or the Eligible Cardholder is unable to pay his/her debts as they fall due; or
v. the Cash Instalment Plan is terminated or suspended by the Bank for whatever reason.
27. Eligible Cardholders shall repay all sums payable pursuant to the Cash Instalment Plan on demand by the Bank.
28. Eligible Cardholders may at any time during the instalment period repay the remaining Approved Withdrawal Amount which has not yet been charged to the HKD sub-account of the Eligible Credit Card, subject to payment of an
administration fee of HKD300 to the Bank. Eligible Cardholders shall give the Bank at least 14 working days' written notice in advance of this intention to make early repayment. Once given, such notice will not be revocable
without the Bank's prior consent. Partial early repayment will not be accepted.
29. The terms and conditions of the HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card Cardholder Agreement also apply to the Cash Instalment Plan. In case of any discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the terms and
conditions in the aforesaid Cardholder Agreements, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
30. In case of duplicate redemption or any fraud or abuse in relation to the Welcome Gift under this promotion, the Bank reserves the right to debit an administration cost of HKD1,000 from the Eligible Credit Card without prior notice.
31. If Eligible Cardholders cancel the respective Eligible Credit Card within 13 months of opening the Eligible Credit Card account, the Bank reserves the right to debit an administration cost of HKD1,000 from the relevant Eligible
Credit Card account for each cancelled primary card without prior notice.
32. The Bank reserves the sole right to approve or decline any credit card applications, and the Bank is not obligated to provide reasons for declined applications.
33. In case of disputes arising out of this promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final.
34. The Bank reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate the Promotional Offer or vary these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
35. In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail. The Bank reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All the terms and
conditions listed above are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited