JUSTICE COURT, LAS VEGAS TOWNSHIP Case No.
Clark County, Nevada
Name of Plaintiff(s)
VERSUS MOTION AND
Name of Defendant(s)
JUDGMENT BY DEFAULT
Plaintiff moves for Judgment against the above named Defendant(s) who have failed to plead or otherwise defend in this
action, with no further time having been granted by the Court, and with more than 20 days, exclusive of the day of service of
process, having expired since service upon the Defendant(s). I further state:
1. I am the Plaintiff in this action.
2. The Defendant(s) were duly served with a copy of the (check appropriate box) [ ] Small Claims Complaint or [ ] Civil Summons and
Complaint on the day of , 20 . A copy of the Proof of Service is attached.
3. No Defendant(s) named herein is currently engaged in active military service.
4. The following amount is due and owing on Plaintiff’s claim as of this date.
a. Complaint Amount $
b. (Less payments and credits) (-$ )
5. Total Costs: $
6. Total Attorney Fees $
(Check the box, if applicable) [ ] This action arises under NRS Chapter 604A and the Plaintiff has complied with the requirements of that
chapter and with the requirements of Las Vegas Justice Court Local Rule 51.
This original Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default must be E-Filed with the Justice Court Clerk’s Office
and a copy mailed by First Class postage to the opposing Party(s).
CERTIFICATION OF MAILING
The Undersigned certifies on the day of , 20 , a copy of the foregoing Motion and Declaration for
Judgment by Default was mailed to at
by depositing a copy in the United States Mail in an addressed sealed envelope, postage prepaid.
Per NRS 53.045, "I declare under penalty of perjury under the law of the State of Nevada that the foregoing is true and correct."
(Type or print name):
Original-File Copy-Plaintiff Copy-Defendant
LVJCVL Form-125 Revised 9/11
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A DEFAULT JUDGMENT
1. If you have served the Defendant and 20 days, exclusive of the day of service, have passed since the date of
service, and the Defendant has not filed an Answer to your Complaint, you may c o m p l e t e a n d f i l e with the Court a
Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default.
2. If you have brought your Complaint against multiple parties, the Default Judgment applies only to those
Defendants who have been served and who have not Answered within the time allowed.
3. Mail a copy of the Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default (by regular U.S. mail) to the Defendant and to the
Defendant’s attorney (if any). This gives the Defendant notice that you have applied for Default Judgment. The Plaintiff must
E-File the original Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default ($3.50 charge using credit or debit card) at:
http://wiznet.wiznet.com/clarknv, or the Plaintiff may come to the Justice Court Clerk’s Office and E-File, for free, the original
copy of the Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default.
4. The Defendant may choose to contest the Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default by electronically filing (E-Filing) an
Answer with the Las Vegas Justice Court Clerk’s Office. If the Defendant contests the Judgment by Default, a hearing may be
5. The Judge will either enter Judgment or set the matter for a hearing to determine damages. A hearing may not be
necessary if the claim can be substantiated and computed by documentation evidencing that the Defendant owes what is
6. If you a s t h e P l a i n t i f f have documentation as evidence of the amount claimed, attach it along with the Memorandum of
Costs and Disbursements to the Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default and file the with the Court.
7. In all other cases, if it is necessary for the Court to determine damages by testimony or by other evidence, the Court
will set the matter for a hearing.
8. The Court will mail a copy of any entered Judgment to both parties.
9. Applications for Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default are to be submitted in a complete package, must contain the
following additional documents , and must be E-Filed in the following order.
(a) Proof of Service of the Summons and Complaint
(b) Default (LVJCVL-6 Form, to be signed by Deputy Clerk)
(c) Motion and Declaration for Judgment by Default
(d) Memorandum of Costs and Disbursements; and
(e) Default Judgment for the signature of the Judge or Clerk;
Any submittal of a partial default package will be considered incomplete and will be returned to the submitting party for
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Refer to Las Vegas Justice Court Local Rules, Rule 33. Default Judgment