EVOLUTION VOLLEYBALL CLUB
September 18, 2010
MONUMENT CITY CLASSIC (RICHMOND, VA) – Jan. 15-17, 2011
CAPITOL HILL CLASSIC (WASHINGTON, DC) – Feb. 19-21, 2011 (no hotel)
SHAMROCK FESTIVAL (ROANOKE, VA) – Mid-March, 2011
BALTIMORE NEQ I (BALTIMORE, MD) – April 16-18 (17s, 18s, no hotel)
BALTIMORE NEQ II (BALTIMORE, MD) – April 22-24 (14s, 15s, 16s, no hotel)
REVOLUTIONARY RUMBLE (WILLIAMSBURG, VA) – Early May
SOUTH ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS (RICHMOND, VA) – May 28-30, 2011
Note: Baltimore NEQ I ends on a Monday, and Baltimore NEQ II begins on a Friday. These
dates fall within Fairfax County School’s Spring Break. If you go to a school outside of
Fairfax County, you may miss a day of school. Please let your Head Coach know if this will
be a problem.
1. Our primary purpose for travelling to tournaments is to compete. Everything else is
secondary to this purpose.
2. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for transporting their players to the tournaments, or
arranging carpools to get their player there and back. All travel tournaments are within 4-5
hours driving distance from the Washington Metropolitan Area.
3. The team will stay together in the same hotel. Parents are expected to make their own hotel
arrangements. Parents do not have to stay in the same hotel, but again, they are responsible
for getting their player to the team’s hotel, and for making arrangements for her
transportation to and from the tournament site. We are asking the parents not to ask their
player to stay in their hotel or hotel room while we are on travel. It is extremely important to
keep our teams together through the duration of a travel tournament.
4. The Coaching Staff will determine the room assignments. Room numbers should only be
given to members of the travel team. Players are on a “buddy” system and are not allowed to
leave their room without a “buddy”. Players are not allowed to leave the hotel without
permission from the Coaching Staff, and only if accompanied by their parent or guardian.
5. There will be a curfew every night, to be determined by the Coaching Staff based on the
tournament schedule. Players who drive themselves to the hotel must surrender their car keys
to their coaches at curfew time.
6. The team will be dining together. Players are responsible for paying for their own meals. We
will try to get hotels that include breakfast. Lunch will have to be bought at the tournament
site, or around that area, since most convention centers will not allow outside food. Dinner
will be at places that are between fast food and casual dining, such as Applebee’s, TGI
Friday’s, Chili’s, or something equivalent. We estimate that players would need, at the most,
about $30 per day.
7. If a player causes damage to any property at the lodging or tournament site, she will be
personally responsible for damages.
8. Any player found in possession of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs or engaged in inappropriate
or unlawful behavior will be immediately released to the custody of her parents. If a player is
not accompanied by her parent or legal guardian, a parent or guardian must come to the
tournament site to pick her up and take her home. We will call the parents of players who
drove themselves to the tournament to let them know that their player is being sent home due
to inappropriate behavior.
Page 1 of 1