Customer Ordering Procedures:
Fill out the Hazardous Material Request Form in Excel.
1. Order HAZMAT from the HAZMIN Center nearest you.
a. Norfolk/ Little Creek: NAVSTA Norfolk Bldg LF-50
b. NAS Oceana: Bldg Z826
c. FT Eustis: Bldg 1205
d. NWS Earle: Bldg XXX
e. NAVSTA Newport: Bldg XXX
f. SUBASE New London: Bldg 561
2. Activity name and UIC are your command Name and Unit Identification Code.
3. Date is the day you submit the order.
4. Work center is the name of the work center the HAZMIN Center has on file identifying your
specific work center.
5. Name of authorized shopper is your name.
6. Name of GCPC Holder is the name of the person listed on the Government Purchase card, or the
7. Signature; The card holder must sign each form in order to order material.
The next set of columns is where you will identify the material you want to order:
1. Task ID number: NOT ALL use if applicable.
2. Schedule B Item #: Item Number listed in first column of the catalog
3. A request for material not in the catalog is authorized. Identify all the vendor information to
ensure the correct material is ordered.
4. NSN/LSN: 13 digit National Stock Number
5. Nomenclature/Mil-Spec: the common name for the item you are requesting along with the
Mil-Spec number so that if the HAZMIN Center does not have your specific NSN requested in
stock they will be able to identify a substitute item that meets the military specification.
6. UI: unit of issue of the item requested; available in FEDLOG or on the product label.
7. QTY: quantity requested.
8. RDD: Required Delivery Date; how fast do you want to receive this material.
9. UP: unit price identified in the catalog for that specific Item Number
10. Extended Price: equals the qty multiplied by the unit price.
11. The last section is for Hazmin center uses only, do not write in these blocks.
12. Issued by and the date issued blocks will be filled in by HAZMIN center.
13. Delivered by block will be filled in by the driver who delivers your material. This field will be
blank for bearer walk thru.
14. Received by and date received block will be filled out by the person accepting the material
from the driver.
15. Signatures will be required on all copies.
Once the Hazardous Material Request Form is completed:
1. The form may be delivered to the HAZMIN center by the following methods:
a. Email is the primary method to submit requests. Email your request form to
email@example.com (this account is not yet active)
b. Fax your signed order form to you local Hazmin Center
a. Norfolk : 757-444-3126
b. Oceana: 757-433-3217
c. Ft Eustis: 757-878-2323
d. New London:
c. Bearer walk-thru for material you will pick up in person. Government vehicle is
required to transport hazardous material on base.
Request process sequence:
1. Hazardous Material request Form arrives at the HAZMIN Center.
2. Requests are screened against Work Center AULs.
a. If the item is listed on your AUL the request will be processed.
b. If the requested item is unauthorized, you may submit a request for addition to your
c. Research may reveal a suitable substitute already listed on your AUL.
3. If there is free issue (Reuse) available, the material will be delivered without charging your GPC.
You will know it is free issue because the Unit Price will be crossed out and replaced with zeros.
4. If the material is in stock, the HAZMIN Center will issue your material and deliver your requested
5. Your GPC will be charged once the stocked material is picked and staged for delivery.
6. If the Material requested is not in stock or not carried (NIS/NC), your request will generate a
Direct Turn Over requisition (DTO) and the 3PL provider at the HAZMIN Center will:
a. Research and identify best pricing available.
b. Convey best pricing to the customer and obtain the OK to purchase.
c. Order the material requested.
d. Track the status of the requisition.
e. Receive the material at the HAZMIN Center.
f. Charge your GPC when the DTO material is received at the HAZMIN Center.
g. Issue the material to you under your work center.
Receiving your requested material:
1. The Hazardous Material request Form will serve as both the order and receiving form.
2. Upon receipt of the material request, inspect the material for damage.
3. Match the NSN on the form with the actual material.
4. Match the unit of issue on the request form to the actual material
5. Match the quantity requested to the quantity received and circle it on the paperwork.
6. Sign, date under received by, and date received.
7. Forward a copy of your receipt to your command GPC cardholder.