CFS-CEC Director Job Description
The Director of the school reports to the Board of Trustees of the CEC. This individual has
overall responsibility for insuring that the mission of the school is carried out; for planning for
the future needs of the school and for providing direction, leadership, and day-to-day
management of educational activities of the school; for developing academic programs;
monitoring students' educational progress; training and motivating teachers and other staff;
managing special education and other student services; handling relations with parents,
prospective and current students, and the community.
CEC Mission related responsibilities: Insure that the mission statement (purposes and
objectives) of the school is understood by students, teachers, board, and parents.
• Frequently articulate and support the mission and goals of the School to students,
teachers, parents, and the community.
• Insure that the mission statement is the standard against which decisions about the
operation of the school are made are made.
• Assist with the revision of the mission statement as needed.
Governance related responsibilities: Develop and maintain a mutually respectful, open,
and productive working relationship with the CFS-CEC Board and Asemblea.
• Carry out the Policies established by the Board.
• Coordinate activities and information exchange between CFS-CEC and CFSF.
• Maintain open and frequent communication with the board.
• Help set board agendas and attend all board, board committee, and asemblea meetings.
• Help the board to accomplish its goals.
• Seek and develop new board members.
• Insure the board has the sufficient knowledge about the school to perform its
• Participate in the development and evaluation of the long range plan.
Academic related responsibilities: Develop an educational program which is approved by
the Board and administer its implementation.
• Provide direction, leadership, and day-to-day management of educational activities, set
the academic tone, set the school's educational standards and goals.
• Create a challenging yet supportive school atmosphere that encourages achievement by
• Provide leadership and direction to develop and maintain high curriculum standards.
• Continually re-assess, revise, update, and improve the school curriculum in all grade
levels and subject areas.
• Insure the integration of the English and Spanish curriculum and philosophies.
• Establish and publish the policies and procedures to carry out standards and goals.
• Participate in evaluating student progress and in assessing needs for special programs.
• Communicate in a timely fashion with parents and teachers about any relevant classroom
matters and students' performance.
• Insure the school meets national accreditation requirements with minimal sacrifice of the
Special Programs related responsibilities: Set each special program’s goals and
objectives and perform yearly program evaluations.
• Oversee the Environmental Education Program and insure its integration into the
• Oversee the Counseling and Guidance Program and insure students receive needed
• Oversee the Volunteer Program, insure recruitment/retention of volunteers and interns,
insure that the school meets the requirements for complying with Utilidad Publica,
expand and maintain year-abroad opportunities and exchanges for high school.
• Set program objectives, oversee and insure that the Special Education Program goals are
Teacher, Staff hiring/administration related responsibilities: Secure and maintain
a qualified faculty and staff, and establish conditions of employment with the approval of the
• Promote and insure excellence in teaching staff and insure adequate staffing in all areas
of the school so that all school functions are carried out effectively.
• With the Assistant Director, hire, set performance goals and objectives,
evaluate, and help improve the skills of teachers.
• With the Assistant Director Insure all employees participate in an annual evaluation and
• Create a positive supportive, workplace environment; promote good communication,
and opportunities for professional development.
• Serve as a mentor to the teachers and other staff.
• Define administrative structure and duties.
• Develop, review, revise, and school policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain handbooks manuals- administrative, teacher, parent, student and
Community Relations related responsibilities: Interpret and communicate to the
community the purposes, practices, accomplishments, and needs of the School
• Handle and develop positive relations with parents, prospective and current students, the
board and the community as well as overseeing parent education programs and the
• Solicit the opinions of the school community and be responsive to its needs and desires.
• Oversee implementation of public relations plan, locally and internationally.
• Develop and expand relationships with local institutions, specifically focusing on
Environmental Education and/or family welfare.
Fundraising related responsibilities: Insure fund raising is adequate to meet the annual
and long term goals of the school and provide leadership to the capital campaign.
Finance related responsibilities: Insure that all financial operations of the school are
conducted on a timely and accurate basis, according to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Supervise the preparation of the annual budget and adjust income and/or expenses to
• Insure that all financial reports are accurate and timely.
• Use the monthly financial reports to manage the school’s operation and set annual and
long term financial goals.
• Insure student enrollment meets budgeted goals by insuring the school has an effective
student recruitment and retention program.
• Insure that there are adequate resources for the school to fulfill annual and long term
Physical Plant related responsibilities: Insure that the transport of students is safe and
timely, the campus is clean, safe, and beautiful, classrooms have the adequate resources, the
library has adequate resources, and the computer lab meets the needs of students.