GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
1) Cost of Tender Schedule : Rs.
500=00 (Non Refundable)
GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA
Eastern Region 2) Bid Security Deposit:
TENDER SCHEDULE FOR
Phone: 3) Last date of submitting Tender:
(033)2357-3954/3955 07.10.2009 at 12 O Clock.
Extn. 233,235, TOTAL STATION OF HIGHER
Tele-Fax: ACCURACY 4) Date of Opening of Tender:
(033)2357-7108 07.10.2009 at 3 PM
NO: - 02/107/17/Survey/ER-PUR/09-10/FP Dated. 17 Aug. 2009
The Dy, Director General.
Geological Survey of India
Material Management Division,
“Dharitri” Building, M.M.Divn.(7th floor)
Salt Lake City
I shall be obliged if you kindly submit sealed tenders (two bid system) for the stores as per the
Chapters listed below. The invitation to tender is subject to fulfillment of instructions and conditions as
per schedules below: -
1. Chapter – 1: Instruction to Bidders
2. Chapter - 2: Conditions of Contract
3. Chapter – 3: Schedule of Requirements
Encls; As above.
Dy. Controller of Stores
For Dy. Director General, GSI, ER
CHAPTER - 1
(INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS)
1. TENDER IS TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS
2. The Tender is to be submitted under “TWO BID” system. Viz. Two separate sealed covers each
should contain Techno Commercial bid (except price) and other should contain commercial/Price
bid. Both the bids are to be packed in one sealed cover.
3. Bid Security amount of Rs. 60,000/- is to be furnished with Techno Commercial Bid.
4. On the day of Tender opening only Techno Commercial bids will be opened. Price/Commercial
bid will be opened on a fixed later date for the successful technical bidders.
5. The cover containing quotation should be sealed and superscripted “Tender for Total Station
Higher Accuracy. Due date of opening 07 Oct. 2009” and posted in the Tender Box kept in the
office of the Dy. Controller of Stores, Geological Survey of India, Eastern Region at Dharitri
Building, 40-GN-Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 not later than 12 O Clock on
07 Oct. 2009. It will be opened at 3 PM on the same date. Covers not so superscripted are
liable to be ignored. Covers sent by post should have similar superscription.
6. It is the responsibility of the bidders to see that their tenders reach the office of G.S.I. E.R. at the
above address by due date and time. The fact of having posted an offer in time will not bind the
G.S.I., E.R. for considering the tender, in case such an offer is delayed in post or
mislaid/misdirected due to incomplete or incorrect superscription or other causes.
7. An authorized representative of the Bidder may remain present at the time of opening of the
8. The tender should be typed and the person signing the tender should, duly authenticate any
errors or corrections in the tender. Over typing/writing should be avoided.
9. Validity of Tender - The offer should remain open for SIX MONTHS from the date of opening of
tender and there should be clear mention in the Tender to that effect.
10. The GSI, reserves the right to accept or reject any tender or the whole tender process at any time
without assigning any reason what so ever.
11. Any kind of canvassing in regard to the offered stores after submitting Tender will be treated as
12. A certificate to the effect that the price and other charges quoted are equally applicable both to
the Govt. and as well as other private parties, should be mentioned in the quotation.
CHAPTER – 2
(CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT)
1. It should be specifically stated whether Sales Tax/VAT/Packing/Delivery Charges/Insurance
charges, etc. are payable in addition to the price quoted, otherwise, the price quoted will be
assumed to be all inclusive and no separate tax or charges will be paid in the event of the offer
2. The earliest date by which delivery can be completed should be mentioned in the tender.
3. The Stores will be inspected by a representative of the G.S.I. before and/or at time of delivery and
unacceptable stores will be subject to removal/replacement at the risk, cost and responsibility of
the supplying firm.
4. The stores to be securely packed and delivered to the consignee, the Officer Surveyor, GSI, ER,
11 th Floor, Bhu Bijnan Bhavan, DK-6, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-91.
5. Rectification of any defects or cracks etc. noticed during a period of one year from the date of
supply shall be the responsibility of the supplying firm at their own cost and risk.
6. The Tender not received on “TWO BIDS” basis i.e. without compliance of Points 1,2 and 3 (Chapter
I) will summarily be rejected.
7. In case of Import, payment will be made through Letter of Credit in foreign currency. In that case,
following points may be noted:
i. The quoted price should be total CIP, KOLKATA by Air.
ii. Packing, forwarding, insurance and airfreight charges should be shown separately.
iii. The quotation should remain valid for Six (6) months from the date of receipt of the
same at this end.
iv. Name of your banker and country of origin of the items may also be mentioned in
v. Name of the Indian Agent may please be intimated and your offer should include the
agency commission, service charges and installation charges, if any, which are to be
paid to the Indian Agent in Indian Currency. Copy of Agency Agreement should also
be enclosed with the tech. bid.
vi. The machine should be covered under 1 (One) year comprehensive warranty at
installation site .
vii. The Indian Agent who desires to quote directly on behalf of their foreign principals
should produce DGS&D registration certificate.
8. Up gradation: The instrument must have upgradeability in any later stage to its higher category.
9. Training: After delivery, onsite training for 15 days on the Total Station and software training at
the Headquarter to working Surveyors is to be provided by the firm free of cost.
10. Warranty : 1 year warranty to be provided with the details regarding spares and service facilities.
BID SECURITY AND PERFORMANCE SECURITY
11. Except the valid and prescribed BID SECURITY amount, the offer/tender will be treated as
12. The bidders who are registered with DGS&D for the supply of the particular Store(s) proposed to
be purchased (in this NIT) are exempted from furnishing BID SECURITY. For availing such
exemption mere registration with DGS&D as Indian Agent or so will not be sufficient. The Bidder
has to be registered as a supplier and continues to receive and execute contracts, from DGS&D to
avai l exemption in furnishing BID SECURITY.
13. Bidders who are registered with NSIC under single point registration of stores as per Tender
Schedule (this NIT) are exempted from furnishing BID SECURITY.
14. The norms/modes of paying BID SECURITY are stated below: -
A. In way of Demand Draft from reputed commercial bank in favour of the “ The Dy.
Director General, Geological Survey of India, Eastern Region, Kolkata” payable at
B. Bank guarantee from reputed commercial bank valid up to 6 months from the
date of opening of tender.
C. Fixed Deposit Receipt from a reputed Commercial Bank valid at least for 6
15. No interest is payable on the BID SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT.
16. The validity of the Bank Draft/ Bank Guarantee submitted as the BID SECURITY, should be
suitably extended by the Bidder, if need be, beyond validity of the tender.
17. The BID SECURITY will be returned to the unsuccessful Bidder. It will be returned to the
successful Bidder after receipt of the PERFORMANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT from them.
18. In case of withdrawals or amends or impairs or derogates or non-compliance of Tender
condition(s) of the offer in any respect within the validity period of the tender or refusal of
furnishing PERFORMANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT in the event of getting intimation of awarding the
Purchase Order, the BID SECURITY amount is liable to be forfeited.
19. The successful bidder, irrespective of its registration status (i.e. NSIC or DGS&D), is to submit
PERFORMANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT amount (5% to 10% of the order value – to be intimated
latter) before issuing Purchase Order. This Performance Security Deposit should remain valid for
a period of 60 days beyond the date of completion of all contractual obligations of the supplier
including warranty period.
20. PERFORMANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT is to be furnished in way of :
(a) Bank Guarantee in the form to be provided later.
(b) Fixed Deposit Receipt from a reputed Commercial Bank
21. In case of non-delivery of the ordered materials in time or/and for any other bad delivery
performance or/and failure to render contracted service during the warranty period (summarily
noncompliance of due performance of contract by the supplier to whom order has been awarded),
the Performance Security Deposit will be forfeited.
22. The Performance Security Deposit amount will be returned to the Supplier after satisfactory
completion of the delivery as well as the warranty period of the delivered stores as per terms and
condition of the Purchase Order.
23. Draft of Bank Guarantee for Bid Security Deposit is enclosed.
CHAPTER – 3
(SCHEDULE OF REQUIREMENTS)
DETAILS OF STORES
Sl.No DESCRIPTION OF STORES UNIT QUANTITY
1. Total Station, Higher Accuracy No 2 Nos
(Detailed specifications is enclosed as Annexure
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION FOR TOTAL STATION
Total Station higher accuracy………………………………………2 Nos .
Specification for main equipment
Angle measurement accuracy : 1”-2” (second)
Angle measurement least count: 1”-2” (second)
Distance measurement with prism
Distance measurement range: 2500m or more
Distance measuring accuracy, Standard mode: +/- (3mm+3ppm) or better
Distance measurement without prism (DR)
Distance measuring range without reflector: 500m or more
Distance measuring accuracy without
Reflector, Standard mode: +/- (3mm+3ppm)or better
Telescope magnification: 30X
Drive: Motorised, endless
Horizontal & vertical
Image : Erect
Keyboard & Display
In each instrument 2nos.Alphanumeric and illuminated detachable/non detachable keyboard with functional
keys and user defined hotkeys for quick access to specific functions, codes, etc. On board performance
application for monitoring and surface scanning. Large graphic LCD display with back light. It should have
true graphic display of full map points, lines, Refline, Remote object elevation distance between two objects,
coordinate transform and polygons measured during Survey with facility to zoom in & out. Internal memory
32 MB or more
Inbuilt Survey & Application Programs
Instrument must come with build-in survey application programs like ability for general topographic survey,
auto point, remote elevation measurement, station setup, stakeout and COGO. Instrument should come
complete with RS232 interface cable and suitable data downloading software for quick and systematic
downloading/uploading of data from Total Station.
Data Management & Processing software
*Data format should be fully compatible to GPS/DGPS with facility to convert them to ASCII format or any
other user defined format. * The instrument must have capability to collect data in user defined co-ordinate
system (including spherical co-ordinate system) with user defined ellipsoid and map projection for quick and
hassle free data exchange with GPS/DGPS. * The instrument should have facility to record data in non-
volatile media like PCMCIA Compact flash memory card of at least 64 MB capacity * Surveying software
package, which runs on WINDOWS XP professional or higher version and can directly access the data
collected by Total Station to give desired output, for each and every applications to be supplied listed as
*Creation, editing and examining points, lines, splines, polygons, text, alignments etc. Transformation of data
to and from different formats and survey equipments, *Performing rigorous Least Squares adjustment for
closing errors of Survey data. *Performing least squares transformation of data between different coordinate
systems. Generation of Digital Terrain model and drawing Contours at selected intervals and calculation of
volume of a base datum or between surface, creation of profiles as per user selection and also draw long
sections, Cross section, compute closed area volumes, design surface etc. Plotting of the map in user defined
scale and other CAD functions. Processing out puts regarding data and drawing can be printed through HP
Deskjet, Inkjet, Plotter/ printer.
Processing software ……………………………………………………2 Nos.
Essential Items for each set:
1. Wooden telescope tripod 1 no
2. Tribrach for optical plummet 1 no
3. Telescopic Prism pole extendable within
2 mts to 3 mts 3 nos.
4. Single Circular prism 3 nos.
5. Bipod for prism pole 3 nos.
6. Rechargeable Battery high Ah
(operating time minimum 6 to 8 hrs each battery)
Internal 2 nos.
External battery kit 1 set
7. Battery super charger (at least two nos. battery at a time) 1 no.
8. Memory compact flashcard of capacity at least 64 MB 2 nos
9. Card reader 1 no.
10. Instrument height meter 1 no.
11..Necessary data upload, down loading cable & module full set
12. Key board 2 Nos
After delivery, onsite training for 15 days on the Total Station and software training at the Head Quarter to
One year warranty to be provided with the details regarding spares & service facilities
The instrument must have upgradeability in any later stage to its higher category.