OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE WASHINGTON ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OR
APPLICANTS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE ENLISTMENT IN THE WASHINGTON ARMY
AGR VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 07-045 26 June 2007
CLOSING DATE: 16 July 2007
1. The following NATIONWIDE vacancy is announced:
TITLE: Training NCO
All applicants MUST be worldwide deployable.
This is a MALE ONLY position.
GRADE OF RANK: Sergeant: $1854 - $2630 through Staff Sergeant: $2023 - $3133
depending on years of service, plus allowances for rations, uniforms, and housing.
LOCATION: 204th ENG CO, Centralia, WA
2. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
a. Drafts from Command Guidance, training schedules, yearly training calendars, and
other training management items to ensure compliance with directives and publication of higher
headquarters. Maintains the unit training files and libraries pertaining to training. Responsible
for the management of the unit learning center to include associated equipment and material.
Plans and submits requisitions for training aids, film, and other requirements to support training.
Completes cross training by becoming familiar with and occasionally performing duties of other
full time support positions assigned to the unit. Responsible for ATRRS school input and
schools tracking. Performs other duties as assigned.
3. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: AGR soldiers enlisted in grade of rank SGT to SSG. All
applicants must be qualified in MOS 21B or be eligible to become qualified within one
year. Applicants in the rank of SSG must be MOSQ or be willing to accept a reduction to
SGT. Applicants must possess valid civilian motor vehicle operator's license and be able to be
licensed to operate military vehicles organic to the unit. Applicants must satisfy requirements
outlined in Chapter 2, NGR 600-5, AR 135-18 and DA PAM 611-21. Applicants must meet the
procurement standards of AR 40-501, chapter 3; waivers are not authorized.
AGR Vacancy Announcement Number 07-045
NOTE: IAW paragraph 2-6f, NGR 600-5, AGR soldiers will not be reassigned during the
first 18 months of their initial tour. Those soldiers selected for initial entry in the AGR
program will not be considered for promotion selection involving reassignment to
another position during the first 18 months of their initial assignment.
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please see VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT CHECKLIST on
reverse of announcement for required documentation to submit with your application.
Applications must be received in HRO-AGR NLT COB 1600 on closing date of announcement.
Forward application to:
The Adjutant General, State of Washington,
ATTN: HRO-AGR, Building 33
Camp Murray, Tacoma, WA 98430-5110.
NOTE: “Failure to submit the required documentation will result in your application not
being referred to the selection board.”
5. POSITION FILL: Applications received are reviewed for completeness and eligibility. A
Selection Board ranks the applications. Selected person will be ordered to Full Time National
Guard Duty in Active Guard/Reserve status under Title 32 USC 502(f) in Washington State.
NOTE: AGR soldiers with less than 18 months service to their current battalion/separate
company or have less than one year time in grade are not eligible to apply.
6. IF ANY DOCUMENT IS MISSING FROM YOUR PACKET, YOU MUST INCLUDE AN
EXPLANATION STATING THE REASON THE DOCUMENT IS MISSING. I.E., NCOER IN
PROCESS, WITH RATER.
7. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: This position will be filled without regard to race, religion, national
origin, or political affiliation.
8. This announcement will be posted to unit bulletin boards.
9. POINT OF CONTACT: SSG Foultner, (253) 512-8946, or DSN 323-8946.
FOR THE ADJUTANT GENERAL:
MARY J. FORBES
COL, MI, WAARNG
APPLICATION PACKET PREPARATION
* Make sure you enter vacancy announcement number and title on NGB Form 34-1.
* Make sure you sign and date NGB Form 34-1.
* Make all entries legible, and complete all items in full.
* Submit copies of supporting documents that are up to date. (See your servicing records
custodian to assist you).
* Make sure copies are clearly legible throughout.
* Arrange your packet in the order listed above.
* Don’t get fancy. A simple staple or binder clip will hold your packet together. Special ring
binders, portfolios, report covers, and document protectors are discouraged. Ornate covers
and organizers have no bearing on the selection process or outcome, and are a wasted
expense, as HRO-AGR will forward only the application documents to the selection board.
HRO-AGR will not return applications by mail and is not required to maintain them.
TITLE 32 APPLICATION CHECKLIST
A. PERSONAL DATA.
CURRENT STATUS: M-DAY / T32 AGR / TECH / AC/ USAR (Circle One)
B. PACKET SEQUENCE AND DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS (*Packets not containing all
documentation IAW guidance below will not be considered).
1. ______NGB Form 34-1 (Application for AGR Position: hyperlink www.ngbpdc.ngb.army.mil).
2. ______DA Form 2-1 (certified TRUE copy; Active duty soldiers may turn in a certified copy
of an ERB ILO).
3. ______ A current SF 88 (Report of Medical Examination) and SF 93 (Report of Medical
History) or DD 2807-1/2808. For physicals more than twelve months old a DA Form
7349 signed within 60 days must accompany the packet. If physical is more than six
months old, a certified Height/Weight statement within six months of announcement
must be included. If you exceed the screening table weight you must include a DA
Form 5500/5501 (Body Fat Content Worksheet). DA 4970 (Medical Screening
Summary - Over 40 Physical Fitness Program) if applicable. No other document
will be used ILO a current Height/Weight statement.
4. ______DD Form(s) 214 (if applicable).
5. ______NGB Form 23-B (Retirement Points History Statement - If current member of the
6. _______Official DA Photo (Personal photo in ACU/BDU/Class A is also acceptable for E5
7. _______DA Form 705 (Army Physical Fitness Test Score Card).
8. _______ Last 5 NCOERS, or a letter of recommendation or performance evaluation on
soldiers not requiring an NCOER.
9. _______DA Form 1506 (Statement of Service) if DD Form(s) 214, or NGB Form 23-B are
10. ______Photocopy of valid civilian motor vehicle operator's license. All data must be
11. ______Memorandum of explanation for missing documentation (if necessary).
12. ______Any other documents that will support applicant’s qualifications (i.e., civilian job
evaluations/appraisals which reflect job description, level of responsibilities, and
employee performance as measured against performance standards).
***Applicant: Do not enter data below this line***
Date of physical: ____________ Type: Ch 2 / Ch 3 PULHES: __ __ __ __ __ __
HIV date (w/in 60 days)