By Kyle Fischer
What is chess?
• Chess is a game that you try to get the
other person’s king in a checkmate.
What is a checkmate?
• A checkmate is when you get the
opponent’s king in a position that they are
unable to move and is in check.
What is check?
• Check is when you get the opponent’s
king under attack.
What are the pieces?
• There are Rooks, Knights, Bishops, a
King, a Queen, and Pawns.
• A Rook can only move in a straight line
• A Bishop can move in a diagonally like
• A Knight can move in a L shape, but 3
spaces at a time.
• A Pawn can move 2 spaces on the first
move. A Pawn can only attack diagonally.
• A king is the most important piece. Without
it you would lose the game. A king can
move in any direction but one space at a
• A Queen is the 2nd most important piece. It
can move in any direction and any amount
This Is The End