Year 6 revision
1. Which organ controls our bodies?
2. What type of material is the heart made out of?
3. What do our lungs do?
4. How does blood travel around our bodies?
5. Why do we need muscles?
6. Give 3 purposes of the skeleton.
7. Which organ cleans the blood and gets rid of waste?
8. What effect would smoking have on our bodies?
9. Name the three different types of teeth.
10. Give two ways to protect your teeth.
1. What is a balanced diet?
2. Why should we drink lots of water?
3. What effect would lots of fizzy drinks have on our bodies?
4. A) What do carbohydrates provide us with?
B) Which foods contain carbohydrates?
5. Give an example of a food that contains protein.
6. What do fruit and vegetables provide us with?
7. Why do we need to eat some fats?
8. What is fibre and which foods provide us with fibre?
9. Which is healthier - butter or margarine?
10. Which is healthier - brown bread or white bread?
Earth and Space
1. What shape are the Sun, Earth and Moon?
2. A) What does the Earth orbit around?
B) How long does it take?
3. What does the moon orbit around and how long does it take?
4. Put in order of size, smallest to largest the Earth, Sun and
5. How long does it take for the Earth to rotate once?
6. What causes day and night?
7. Is it night time for Australia and England at the same time?
8. Does the Sun move around the Earth?
1. What is the name of the force that pulls objects down
towards the Earth?
2. What are forces measured in?
3. What will happen in a game of tug of war if both sides apply
the same force?
4. What is friction?
5. Which would provide greater friction - carpet or lino?
6. What does Air Resistance do?
7. How do birds fly is gravity os pulling them to the ground?
8. Which poles on a magnet attract?
9. Which poles on a magnet will repel?
10. Provide an example of a MAGNETIC material.
1. What is the circuit symbol for a bulb?
2. How could you make a bulb in a circuit brighter?
3. What happens if a switch is left open?
4. What could happen is there was too much power in a circuit?
5. What is a conductor?
6. Give an example of a conductive material.
7. What is an insulator?
8. Why is plastic used to cover electrical cables?
9. What could happen if a hair-drier was used in a bathroom?
10. Why should you not fly a kite near electricity pylons?
1. Name the 3 categories of materials
2. Write down two materials which fit into each category.
3. Describe an irreversible change.
4. Give an example of an irreversible change.
5. How would you separate sand, salt and water?
6. How does a tumble drier dry clothes?
7. When cooking, what is the process that happens when water
droplets gather on the window?
8. What happens when sugar is mixed with warm water?
9. What is the mixture called?
10. Is sugar soluable or insoluable?
1. What is a habitat?
2. Why do birds choose trees for their habitats? 2 reasons
3. Why do frogs live in ponds? Give 2 reasons
4. How are otters adapted for their habitats?
5. How are seals adapted to living in cold conditions?
6. What is a producer?
7. In the food chain,
rose plant green fly blue tit hawk
A) What is the hawk?
B) which are the consumers?
C) Which are the prey?
1. How do frogs begin their lives?
2. What are the five main stages of the human life cycle?
3. In plants, what is germination?
4. What is the process called when a bee transfers pollen from
one plant to another?
5. Name 3 different methods of seed dispersal.
6. How are plants fertilised?
7. What are the male and female parts of a plant called?
8. What are the 2 functions of plant roots?
9. Why are petals brightly coloured?
10. What do the leaves do?