Parsnip and Apple Soup
1 cooking apple
1.1 litres chicken stock
fresh sage leaves
150 millilitres cream
Salt and pepper to season
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the chopped parsnips and apple.
3. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the stock, sage and cloves
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the sage and cloves.
7. Cool slightly, puree in a blender.
8. Reheat gently and add cream.
The soup was made by Henry, Kierran, Sophie, Wilson, Libby and Ceri.
Mrs James helped them. They all enjoyed trying the soup.
First we prepared the parsnips and apple.
We cooked the parsnip and apple before
adding the other ingredients and the chicken stock.
The finished soup