School of Nursing
NURS 362 – Nursing Research
Clinical Problems Requiring Evidence-Based Research Solutions
1. What are some strategies for reducing challenging behaviors (such as aggression,
dressing, inappropriate sexual behavior, and bathing) in individuals who have
2. What alternatives to restraints can be used in older adults with aggressive or
3. What is known about identification and treatment of pain in individuals with
dementia who are not able to communicate that they are experiencing pain?
4. How should nurses counsel women who use black cohosh to relieve menopause
5. Is therapeutic touch an effective strategy for post-operative pain control?
6. What is best nursing practice to reduce the risk of aspiration of patients with
7. Are pelvic-floor exercises effective in promoting post-childbirth continence?
8. Is music an effective sleep intervention with older adults?
9. What is the best practice for assessing pain in the cognitively impaired?
10. What is the best practice for preventing nosocomial infections through catheter
care of an indwelling foley catheter?
11. What is the most appropriate protocol for using TED hose to prevent embolism
and deep vein thrombosis?
12. What is the best practice for wound care for decubitus ulcers?
13. What is the best practice for surgical wound care?
14. How frequently should post-operative patients turn, cough, and deep breathe?
15. What are the best interventions to reduce the burden on family members who are
caring for frail elderly?
16. What is best practice to prevent pneumonia in ventilator-dependent patients?
17. You may identify others from your own practice experience.