SWANSEA LAWN TENNIS AND SQUASH RACKETS CLUB.
KING GEORGE V PLAYING FIELDS, MUMBLES RD, SWANSEA, SA2 9AU. (‘PHONE 01792 203931)
PRESIDENT: JOHN GREGORY
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 7 FEBRUARY 2011.
Present: President of the club John Gregory, Chairman of the club Norman Allnatt, the secretary Peter
Lane, the treasurer Howard Davies plus 36 members.
1. Apologies Andrea Allnatt, Louie Davies, Val and Peter Martin, Sue Flewers
2. The President John Gregory, chaired the meeting.
3. The minutes of the 2010 AGM had been circulated with the meeting notice and were approved.
3. Norman Allnatt addressed the meeting and his speech is attached on a separate document. He
mentioned, in particular, the growth of membership relative to the low point in 2008 and the fund ,
grant and loan raising that had enabled the refurbishment the club, in the present year there would be
a new court heating system and club house redecoration .
4. The treasurer presented the accounts treasurer see separate document. Main points were income up
from £127k to £130k and costs up from £67k to £70k, surplus down from £21.8 to £21.1k, there was a
bank balance of £6.7k. The treasurer also issued a source and application of funds schedule showing
how refurbishment had been funded. Members asked why the squash light costs were high, answer
the lights fee was part of membership costs and also paid for the court heating.
5. Proposed subscription rates for the coming year had been posted, no objections had been received.
New fee rates were unanimously approved.
6. Election of officers the following officers were elected unanimously and unopposed – Howard
Davies treasurer and Roy Lang as bar chairman. Peter Lane wished to retire having been secretary for
14 years but would continue in post until a replacement could be found
7. The motion to ban smoking from all the club premises was withdrawn, smoking would be allowed in
a designated area .
8. Any other business
Q Why has men’s changing room moved
A Better use of space
The chairman thanked all those that turned out and the support for the club.
The meeting closed at 8 p.m.