To some, “biostatistician” is just a really long word that doesn’t roll of the tongue very easily…but
at STATPROBE, it describes a very important part of the clinical research team!
STATPROBE, Inc is one of the largest privately held CROs in the United States. We deliver high
quality CRO services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We
are experienced with nearly every therapeutic classification, with special expertise in oncology,
CNS, endocrinology, cardiovascular, anti-infectives, virology and women's health.
We are looking for a Senior Biostatistician to join our team in our Columbus, OH office.
Senior Biostatisticians oversee the development, progress, accuracy, and timely completion of
research projects. They also plan, analyze, review, interpret and summarize the statistical
component of research projects.
- Determine schedule for projects, including deadlines, from initiation to final product
- Determine amount of time to be spent on each stage of the project and identify individuals who
will be responsible for completing tasks
- Identify available resources for projects
- Develop project analysis plan, including computer-generated table specifications, statistical
analysis plan, and research report format
- Assign tasks and provides necessary project materials to appropriate individuals, and discuss
current workload and timelines with individuals
- Verify statistical programs, statistical results, and data sets used in statistical section of technical
- Write statistical section of technical documents, including protocols when requested
- Specify statistical terms and procedures and defines equations for derived variables
- Oversee progress and development of research reports
- Review project status on regular basis, and prepare project summaries for weekly/monthly
- Establish and maintain project notebook (including correspondence records)
- Maintain client contact, under the direction of the Director, Biostatistics, according to schedule or
as deemed necessary
- Provide final quality assurance check of research report
- Update knowledge in statistical concepts, methods, and techniques, and maintain state-of-the-
art statistical applications in clinical research
An M.S., M.A., or MPH in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or equivalent is required.
A minimum of five years experience with the design and analysis of clinical trials or
Equivalent work experience is required. Individual must also be able to demonstrate
experience to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously and direct staff
efforts in an efficient manner. An equivalent combination of education and experience
may be substituted.
From a casual dress code and fun working environment to a comprehensive compensation
package, we know how to treat our employees well and want to add qualified professionals to our
Please send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this exciting career
opportunity with STATPROBE.
We also encourage you to visit us online at www.statprobe.com to learn more about who we are
and what we do and to view other suitable opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!
STATPROBE welcomes and celebrates diversity and is an EEO/AA employer.