Ideas for Donations for the Silent Auction
The items that seem to sell the best are homemade one-of-a-kind items, made by you! Have a
special talent? Do you knit, sew, cook, paint? Here are some suggestions:
• Crafts items
• Homemade soap or paper
• Host a dinner or wine tasting
• Homemade baked goods for special events, or for each month or season
• Art items, such as paintings, pottery, or jewelry
• Homemade jams, jellies, wine, beer
• Afghans, scarves, stuffed animals
Do you have a special recipe? Make a gift certificate describing the dish, include a picture and
make it for the lucky winner at a later date.
TICKETS OR SERVICES
Do you have a special relationship with, or are you the owner of a company, shop or restaurant?
are you a decorator, financial planner, contractor, pet sitter? Think about donating a gift
certificate, item or service to the Auction or ask for a donation next time you visit.
• Tickets to a concert, play, baseball game, or other popular event
• A gift certificate to a lovely restaurant or day spa
• Music lessons
• Tutor sessions
• Embroidery lessons Did you receive a Christmas
• Scrap booking services gift that you will never use?
• Summer or sports camps Donate it to the Silent
• Private language lessons Auction.
• Tennis or dance instruction
• Babysitting, childcare
• Home repair services, drywall and plaster, one or two hours of
• Gift certificates to your hair dresser, massages, manicures/pedicures
• Computer services
• Pro bono tax or legal services
• Round of Golf at your club or favorite course.
TRAVEL, ADVENTURE & GET-A-WAYS
• A weekend at the family lake cabin
• Use of a beach cottage for a week or weekend
• An evening sail or cruise
• Tickets to a theme park
• Limo services
USE YOUR IMAGINATION
• Wine, Wine, and more Wine, it always sells well
• Gift Certificates you won’t have the opportunity to use
• A painting or photograph
• Toys, puzzles, stuffed animals
• Put together Large, eye-catching theme baskets (e.g., wine baskets, pet
baskets, Margarita basket, BBQ basket)