Ideas and Where They Fall on The Political Spectrum
Censorship for obscene material
For prayer in school
Strong punishment in jail (death penalty)
United Nations membership
Gun control and registry
Provide basic standard of living for all
Anti-Capital Punishment (death penalty)
Separation from religion and government
Prisons should be responsible to rehabilitate prisoners
Privacy and human rights
Equal funding for Education
Questions... (pg. 61-63)
1. What is the role of political parties? Define the term "Political Party".
2. What is meant by the term "Majority Government"? Explain.
3. Define the term "Balance of Power". Explain its importance.
4. What are the five major parties represented in the House of Commons today?
5. Define the term "First past the post". Explain how it works.
6. What problems exist with the "first past the post" system? Explain.
7. Explain "Proportional Representation". How does it work?
8. What problems exist with that system?