Bill Nye: Chemical Reactions Video Worksheet
Answer the questions below as we watch the video. Be prepared to stop and answer questions from time to
time as well.
1. Everything is made of _____________________________.
2. Chemicals can react to form new __________________________.
3. Chemical reactions happen when the _________________(which are in everything) hook together.
4. There is________ times as much hydrogen as there is oxygen in water.
5. Fire is a _________________ reaction.
6. When you mix vinegar and baking soda it produces _________________ gas.
7. What happens when pure Sodium is placed in water?
8. NaCl (Sodium Chloride) is also known as _______________________.
9. A pyrotechnic is the name of a person who uses or manufactures ____________________.
10. There is __________ naturally occurring elements that make up everything we know.
11. The _____________________ is awarded to people who have accomplished great things for
12. Alfred Nobel made all his fortune from his invention of __________________.
13. Elements with similar properties are grouped together on the ________________
14. Potassium can be found in _______________________.
1) What are the three particles in an atom?
2) Where are they found?
3) What is the charge of each?
4) Using periodic tables we made…how many protons in an atom of aluminum?
5) Can do other elements…
6) How do you know?
7) How many electrons?
8) How do you know?
9) How do electrons fill energy levels?
10) How many neutrons?
11) Identify which type of element each is:
12) Who developed the periodic table?
13) What do we call rows on the periodic table?
14) How are they arranged?
15) What do we call columns on the periodic table?
16) How are they arranged?
17) What is a valance electron?
18) How many valance electrons are in each?
19) How do you know?