Weekly Skills- Reading: character traits and setting Math: place value and daily Saxon lessons Grammar:
has and have verbs Science: seasons: summer and fall Social Studies: cont. with natural or manmade
bodies of water and natural resources Spelling: Long e: ee,ea, ie, & e and high frequency words
Date: Jan. 23-27, 2012
*dolch and high-frequency words Spelling Homework Instructions:
Pick one spelling activity to complete each night. Only 4/6 activities
will be chosen each week. It does not have to go in the order given.
1.beach Each activity may only be picked once a week.
1. Type out your spelling words on the computer 3
2. teacher times.
2. Rainbow Words - Write your spelling words with a
3. wheat crayon. Trace over each word again with another color.
Now trace each word one more time with another
4. sleep color.
3. Make flashcards of the words to study and review.
Bring cards to the class the next day to check them. I
5.speed will send them back the same day. They must be
written by the students.
6. field 4. Write your words in alphabetical order.
5. Use all 13 words and write 7 sentences that are
7. yield statements and 6 sentences that are questions.
6. Pyramid Words- Students are to write each of their
spelling words in a pyramid form.
8. shield Example: that: t
9. sure* that
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
74B 75B 76B 77B
13. grandmother* Special Announcements
1. I have placed the new dolch word list 1 grade 2 semester behind
Reading Homework: the homework sheet. We will be reviewing this list in class, please
reinforce at home. Students will be tested on them at the end of the
Monday: When Jean comes Home p. 5 six weeks.
38-39 & Gran and Me p. 40-57
2. Family Reading Night: Thursday, January, 26
Tuesday: Gran and Me p. 40-57
3. I changed the options on the spelling homework for 1 and 5.
Wednesday: Gran and Me p. 40-57
4. Yearbook orders due on Feb. 3 .
Thursday: Chinese New Year p. 60-
*Guided Reader: (Mon.-Thurs.)