Confidential Resume of
JENNIFER HALPERN 5702 Cheltenham
Houston, Texas 77096
Home: 713.772.9711 • Cellular: 832.858.5832
Sales • Management • Training • Support
Innovative, goal and profit oriented over achiever with proven leadership and highly developed team building
and management skills. Over seven years of professional successes in sales, management, training, project
management and customer service. Excels in complex selling environments demanding clear strategic
thinking, penetrating new markets, building strategic relationships and goal achievement. Level headed
manager, entertaining presenter; thorough researcher; creative problem solver; persuasive speaker.
BACHELOR OF ARTS 1999
University of Houston GPA 3.84 / Summa Cum Laude
Additional training and workshops include:
Sandler Selling Method, Targeted Account Selling, Value-based Selling
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE 2003 - Present
Responsible for working with field sales account managers, sales engineers and channel partners on
sales opportunities in an assigned account base to achieve set revenue targets. Developed business
opportunities with new and existing customers through the introduction, cross, and up-selling of
NetIQ products and technologies, as well as providing excellent customer service. Other
responsibilities include: executing industry and customer research in the pursuit of new business
opportunities, co-developing and implementing assigned region’s sales action plan, managing the
product fulfillment, return and evaluation needs of the customer, and assisting in the internal
management of product and technical issues as required.
• Winner – NetIQ Corporate Presentations Contest
• Winner – NetIQ Customer References Contest
• Winner – NetIQ Customer Story/Case Study Contest
• Consistently ranked as Top Performer for Revenue Generation, Work Ethic, Phone Metrics,
Siebel Usage, Leveraging Partners and Team Building.
• Mentor and leader for new Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) on Siebel and daily ISR work flow.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER 1999 - 2003
NETIQ CORPORATION (FORMERLY PENTASAFE SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.)
• Large sales deals included $260,000 (Value Options), $160,000 (Bashas), $130,000
(AmeriChoice), $115,000 (AmeriGroup).
• Member of 100% Quota Club.
• Winner - “Top Presenter” award for best Enterprise Security Management presentation contest.
Confidential Page 1
• Developed business interest at the executive management level through innovative cold calls and
identifying prospect’s path to competitive advantage.
• Presented entertaining, highly effective sales seminars on network security; provided information
and follow-up as required.
• Participated in formal account strategy and planning sessions. On time and accurate submission
of weekly and monthly forecasts for business opportunities in the territory with action items
needed to drive revenue.
SALES & MARKETING INTERN 1998 - 1999
Supported the creative and media services departments. Served as a liaison between the company and
the advertising and promotion agency. Assisted the account services department with client needs
assessment and account maintenance. Assisted the creative services department for developing the
subject matter and presentation of advertising. Participated in the planning groups that selected the
communication media (radio, television, newspapers, magazines, Internet, or outdoor signs).
• Prospected a variety of media companies including radio, television, magazines and newspapers
• Acted as liaison between clients and decision makers
• Created press releases for events such as Lovin’ Feelings Concert, Anastasia on Ice, Randy Travis
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE 1997 - 1998
Responsible for sales growth and account management of telecommunication products for local
companies in Houston and the surrounding areas. Combine exceptional marketing cognizance with a
practiced business sense. Formulate and oversee implementation of regional marketing / sales
policies, procedures and strategies. Achieve outstanding customer satisfaction by providing efficient
and reliable, quality service. Consistently review and evaluate existing internal practices with a view
toward enhancing profits, quality, productivity and cost reduction.
• Cold called and marketed telecommunications services to residential and business clientele
• Presented sales seminars to new customers
• Sold long distance services and pagers
• Persuaded clients to upgrade to new service plans
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION 1993 - 1997
Designed learning programs based on “props” and “manipulatives” such as science apparatus,
cameras, or computers to help children understand abstract concepts, solve problems, and develop
critical thought processes. Facilitated teaching techniques using interactive discussions and “hands-
on” learning to help students learn and apply concepts in subjects such as science, mathematics, or
English. Capitalized on the play process to further language, improve social and introduce scientific
and mathematical concepts. Observed and evaluated student performance and potential using
progressive assessment methods such as artwork or writing.
• Managed staff of five for large day care center
• Negotiated fund raising activities for new learning programs
• Consulted with parents on children’s educational progress
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Confidential Page 2