CIS 5650 Name : __________________
Quiz #1 : 10 points
1. Is Information Security a technical or managerial problem?
Ο technical Ο managerial Ο both
2. There are three distinct groups of decision makers involved in information
security; they are called community of interest. These three groups are:
a. Information security managers and professionals
b. Information technology managers and professionals
c. Nontechnical business managers and professionals
3. What is a good definition of security?
In general, security is defined as “the quality or state of being secure—to be
free from danger.”
4. List specialized areas of security.
5. What are the three elements of C.I.A triangle?
6. a. What are the seven layers in OSI model?
b. Write the TCP/IP stacks
7. In IPv4 what are the two main parts of the IP address?
a. Network address
b. Host address
8. Describe a basic IP packet structure.
9. What role the ICMP messages play in the IP packet?
ICMP is a protocol designed to assist TCP/IP networks with troubleshooting
10. Describe a TCP header : A TCP header has information on source port,
destination port, a sequence number, ACK number, flags, checksum, etc.