Types of Contraceptives
• The Pill
• The Implant
• Patch The Implant
What Are Hormonal
• They are a birth control method that acts on the
• Most contraceptives are made for women.
• The pill is the most common form of a contraceptive.
• They are made form estrogen and progestin.
• It may cause ovulation to cease,
• It can thicken the woman’s cervical mucus.
• It may alter and thin the endometrium so
that a fertilized egg has difficulty
• Hormone- a substance usually a peptide or a steroid that is
produced by one tissue and conveyed by the bloodstream to affect
• Estrogen- is several major female sex hormones. It is produced by
the ovarian follicles in a female.
• Progesterone- a hormone that prepares the uterus for the fertilized
ovum. It also maintains pregnancy.
• Cervical Mucus- it plays an important role in helping a woman get
pregnant. It facilitates conception by allowing fertilization to occur.
• Uterus- the enlarged, expandable portion of the oviduct in which the
fertilized ovum rests during parental development.