3 0 0 C o l o r a d o S t r e e t
A u s t i n , T X
French Onion Soup
Spinach with Bacon Dressing
Tomato & Mozzarella w/ Balsamic Reduction
Chilean Sea Bass
Jumbo Scallops w/ Spicy Thai Sauce
Crab Stuffed Shrimp – Chive Butter Sauce
One Pound Alaskan King Crab Legs
Broiled Live Maine Lobster – 2lb…3lb…4lb
Steaks & Chops
Filet Mignon 12 oz.
New York Strip 16 oz.
Cajun Ribeye 20 oz.
Porterhouse Steak 24 oz.
Bone in ‘Cowboy’ Ribeye 24 oz.
Lamb Chops, Triple Cut
Key Lime Pie w/ Raspberry Sauce & Mint
Crème Brulee for two w/ Tahitian Vanilla Bean
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Warm Chocolate Brownie Cake
Peanut Butter Black Bottom Pie
Student Activity #3
Create a Menu
1. Create a table with two columns and one row.
2. Set the column widths as follows (highlight table → right click → Table Properties
→ Column tab → set Preferred Width → Next Column).
a. Column 1 = 1.2”
b. Column 2 = 4.95”
3. Insert text as shown on back page in 12 pt Times New Roman leaving one blank
line between menu items. Center all.
4. Set address at top of menu to 8 pt font. Set character spacing to Expanded by
10 pt (highlight text → Home tab → click on Font Dialog Box → Advanced tab →
set Spacing to Expanded). Center.
5. Set the course headings (Appetizers, Salads, Seafood, etc.) to 18 pt, Old English
6. Set the character spacing on the menu items to Expanded by 2 pt.
7. Draw a line below the first course title, as shown (Insert tab → Shapes → Line).
Color the line dark red. Copy the line five times and position one line below each
8. Enter Sullivan’s Steakhouse in the first column using a 36 pt, Old English font.
a. Change the direction (highlight text → Table Tools → Layout tab → Text
Direction) as shown.
b. Apply a dark red shade to the cell and color the text white.
c. Set character spacing to Expanded by 5 pt.
9. Find class appropriate picture of restaurant/food on internet; save to your Student
10. Insert a background picture on the entire menu (Page Layout tab → Page
Background Section → Watermark → Custom Watermark → Picture Watermark
→ Select Picture).
a. Scale – Auto
b. Washout – Checked
11. Print preview to ensure all on one page.
12. Save in Student Folder as Menu.
Note: You may create a unique class appropriate menu for a different restaurant as long as it has
the same formatting and number of entries as example.