This is Greece’s flag.
• 80% of Greece is covered by mountains.
• Some animals such as wildcats, deer, and jackals make their homes in
• The highest point is Mount Olympus (9,570 feet or 2,917 meters high!).
• The mountains and valleys were formed between 65 – 1.7 million years
This is a map of Greece and some of
• Albanians came into Greece areas in the
• Each year the people of Greece take part in a
festival known as Apokries. The feasting and
dancing go on for 3 weeks in late February and
• The population
This is a Greek person
is over 10 million celebrating the Apokries
Ancient Greek Temple of
The temple of Parthenon is dedicated to
Athena Parthenon. She is the warrior maiden.
The temple is a building made entirely of white
marble. It is a specific part of the Acropolis. It
rises 152 meters (500 feet) above sea level. The
temple was built in 447 – 432 B.C. The
Parthenon is the largest building atop the
http://www.dkv.columbia.edu/vm This a picture
c/acropolis/index.html#1_3 of the Temple
Why Should You Go?
You should come to Greece because
of…EVERYTHING! The people of Greece
are so nice. They will welcome you with
a big smile. Another reason you should
come is because of the land. There are
so many mountains. To be exact 80% of
Greece is covered by them. One more
thing, if you do come here you could go
and visit the Temple of Parthenon.
Remember it was built in 447-432 B.C so
don’t destroy it…please!
• Welcome to Greece
• Google Earth
Any questions or comments?