BAR L 7 RANCH, INC.
Box 1140 Choteau, MT 59422
This contract is made by Mike Johnson of Bar L 7 Ranch, hereafter referred to as Stallion Owner, and by
______________________, hereafter referred to as Mare Owner, for the purpose of breeding one purebred mare,
identified below, by artificial insemination, to the Lusitano stallion, Damasco (JCS), APSL LA No. 1201, IALHA
#5030(P). The following conditions apply:
1. A breeding fee of $3000.00 shall be paid in full prior to shipment of semen. Cost of first collection and
shipping shall be paid by Stallion Owner. If additional inseminations are required, such collection, shipping and courier
fees shall be paid by the mare owner.
2. Should the present year breeding not produce a foal that lives for 72 hours, Mare Owner is granted return breeding
privileges or a refund of breeding fee less non-refundable booking fee of $500.00 plus any collection, shipping and courier
expenses due. If return breeding is elected, there shall be no additional breeding fee. However, Mare Owner remains
responsible for the collection, shipping and courier fees.
3. Stallion Owner or Mare Owner may withdraw from this contract prior to mare becoming pregnant. Written
notification of the other party is required. Should the Mare Owner withdraw, breeding fee (less booking fee, collection,
shipping and courier expenses due) shall be refunded. Should Stallion Owner withdraw, the breeding fee less any
collection, shipping and courier expenses due, will be refunded.
4. Stallion Owner agrees to report this breeding to the IALHA, sign a registration application as Stallion Owner,
and if desired, report breeding to other registry as requested by Mare Owner. The Stallion Owner’s obligation to
facilitate the foal’s registration is contingent on Mare Owner’s compliance with the terms described below.
5. Mare Owner agrees to return Equitainer to the Stallion Owner, within 2 days of receiving it. The Mare Owner
also agrees to pay, in full, any account balance due to the Stallion Owner within 30 days of being billed.
6. Mare Owner agrees to notify Stallion Owner of mare’s condition regarding pregnancy within 17 days of
insemination. Mare Owner also agrees to notify Stallion Owner of date of birth, sex and color of foal, within 7 days of
birth. In the event of miscarriage, or death of foal within first 72 hours, the Mare Owner agrees to notify Stallion Owner
within 7 days.
7. Mare Owner is not responsible for death or injury of stallion caused by normal breeding risks. Stallion Owner
is not responsible for death or injury of mare caused by normal breeding risks. Mare owner assumes all responsibility
for health and welfare of mare and foal.
8. This contract may not be assigned or transferred without consent of Stallion Owner.
9. Insemination shall be performed by a Veterinarian deemed acceptable by Hilt Vet Service.
Mare’s name:____________________ Registration number:____________________
This contract is binding when signed by both parties.
Stallion Owner Mare Owner
signature date signature date
printed name and address printed name and address