CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
[GAME OF CHANCE – SEPARATE PERMIT]
1. Information on how to enter the Open Road Win a South American Adventure Promotion
(Promotion) and the competition terms and prizes described below form part of these
conditions of entry.
2. By participating in this Promotion, you will be deemed to have: (a) accepted these terms and
conditions; and (b) expressly consented to our use of your personal information for the
purpose of the Privacy Act, Spam Act, other related privacy and communication legislation.
3. The Promoters are NRMA Open Road Pty Limited ABN 91 000 026 844 of 9A York St,
Sydney, NSW 2000 and Adventure World Travel Pty Limited ABN 69 122 505 631 of Level 9,
157 Walker St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia (Promoters).
4. The Promotion commences at 9.00 am (AEST) on 4 January 2012 and entries close at 5.30
pm (AEST) on 29 February 2012 (Promotional Period).
5. Entry is open to NRMA Members who are adults residing in NSW and ACT only.
How to Enter
6. Entries will only be received within the Promotion Period. To enter this Promotion, during the
Promotional Period you must:
a) register online at www.mynrma.com.au/winatrip; or
b) remove the Promotion coupon from Open Road magazine and mail via standard post to
Open Road Win a Trip Competition, PO Box 245, North Melbourne, VIC 3051.
7. Your entry must include your name, address, email, telephone number and any other
information so requested. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
8. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part. The Promoters’ decision is final and no
correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
9. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoters.
10. Employees of the Promoters and the Promoters’ group of entities and the immediate family
members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
11. To protect the integrity of the competition, the Promoters reserve the right, at their sole
discretion, to verify, at any time (including after the closing of the Promotion) the validity of all
entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant
who submits invalid, incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry
process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means
that allows repeated entry (such repeated entries being prohibited).
Draws and Prizes
12. The draw will take place at the premises of SARB MANAGEMENT GROUP PTY LTD
TRADING AS DATABASE CONSULTANTS AUSTRALIA (ABN 28 548 551 396), Level 5, 355
Spencer Street, West Melbourne, VIC 3003 at 11am (AEST) on 14 March 2012.
13. The first valid entry drawn from the total number of entries received, will win:
a) two return economy class airfares from Sydney, flying to Buenos Aires and returning
from Rio de Janeiro, plus applicable air taxes;
b) 2 nights’ accommodation in Buenos Aires;
c) 3 nights’ accommodation onboard MV Desafio;
d) 2 nights’ accommodation in Rio De Janeiro; and
e) 4 one way airport transfers.
14. The winner will be notified by email provided on their entry on 16 March 2012 and their name
will be published at www.mynrma.com.au/members/open-road on 16 March 2012. The winner
will also be published in The Canberra Times, as soon as practical. If the winner cannot be
Conditions of Entry – Game of Chance 1
reached by 12 June 2012 at the email address, address or telephone number provided on their
entry they will unfortunately be disqualified and a new winner will be selected at 11am (AEST)
on the 14 June 2012. Only winners will receive written notification of the results of the
15. If for any reason a winner does not take an element of a prize by the time stipulated by the
Promoters, or chooses not to participate in the Promotion, then that prize, or element thereof,
will be forfeited.
16. The draw for any unclaimed prizes will the draw will be held at the same place as the original
draw and will take place at 11am (AEST) on 14 June 2012, subject to any directions from a
regulatory authority, and the subsequent winner will receive an email and have their name
published on www.mynrma.com.au/members/open-road on 16 June 2012.
17. This prize is for 2 adults twin share and is valid for departure from Sydney only until 30
September 2012. The prize is subject to availability at time of booking. Once booked, any
changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost of the
18. The total prize pool value is $13,520 with individual prizes valued at:
a) two return economy class airfares from Sydney, flying to Buenos Aires and returning
from Rio de Janeiro including taxes APPROX $7,600 INC TAXES
b) Internal flights as per itinerary outlined in clause 9 including taxes APPROX $2,200 INC
c) 2 nights in Buenos Aires [4 star hotel] PLUS Dinner & Tango show at Tango Porteno
d) 3 nights Amazon Cruise [full board] APPROX 2,600
e) 2 nights in Rio de Janeiro [4 star hotel] APPROX $460
f) Return transfers in/out Rio and Buenos Aires APRROX $280
19. The prize value is correct at time of printing and the Promoters accept no responsibility for any
subsequent variation in the prize value.
20. The Prize does not include allowances or spending money nor does it include any other
ancillary costs such as out of pocket costs and expenses for meals (other than set meals on
the cruise), beverages, insurances, passports, visas or excess baggage.
21. All components of the prize must be taken together and those components not taken will be
deemed forfeited. Travel must be arranged by the winner contacting Adventure World quoting
their full name and this Promotion. The winner and their nominated companion (who, on
agreeing to participate in this Promotion and will benefit from the Prize, irrevocably and
unconditionally consents to these terms applying to him/her as if he/she is the winner under
these terms) must both be:
a) Aged over 18 years
b) Have a valid passport
c) Able to make their own way to Sydney
d) Able to travel to and enter all countries involved in this Promotion
22. Subject to clause 26, if any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoters reserve
the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification,
subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery
Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the
prizes. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
23. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. They are non-
commissionable and cannot be extended past 30 September 2012.
24. The Promoters may modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the
competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Conditions of Entry. Upon
notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participation in the
competition without any liability to the entrant.
25. In a force majeure event (including war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, civil disorder,
strikes, riots, quarantines, embargoes or other similar government action, computer virus,
technical failures, any other malfunction or corruption of a computer system or network
required to administer prizes) or any other circumstances beyond the control of the
Conditions of Entry – Game of Chance 2
Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to
the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions
made under application legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
26. The winner agrees that any liability they may suffer as a result of receiving goods or services
that make up part or all of the prize, is separate liability that is between them and the relevant
supplier only, and is not the liability nor responsibility of the Promoters (except where the
Promoters are the relevant supplier).
27. Please refer to Adventure World Booking Conditions at www.adventureworld.com.au –
standard booking conditions apply
Personal Information and Privacy
28. The Promoters collect contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the
Promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the
Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special
offers via any medium including mail and electronic messages.
29. Once received by NRMA, the details contained in your entry are protected by security
www.mynrma.com.au. Personal information will only be used in accordance with the
opt out of receipt of such communications. You should direct any request to access, update or
correct information to the Promoters.
30. You can contact the Promoters’ Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal
information that the Promoters may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. Our
Privacy Officer's contact details are:
Level 2, 9 George Street
North Strathfield NSW 2137
or via email
31. The Promoters may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use your personal
information (such as name, age, membership number and image, mobile phone number,
email address) and any other information provided to the Promoters pursuant to this
Promotion without remuneration or compensation to you for promotional, marketing, publicity,
research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning you
and promoting the NRMA, its business and related companies.
Limitation of Liability
32. The Promoters make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or
merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent
permitted by law, the Promoters are not liable for any loss (including indirect and
consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate
or negligent, by the Promoters or their employees or agents, in connection with the
arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize
winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause
does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under
Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoters or their
employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of
having the prize supplied again. The Promoters will not be responsible for any incorrect,
inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this
Promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the
33. Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoters
a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that
point are notified of the changes to these Conditions of Entry, upon notification of any
Conditions of Entry – Game of Chance 3
such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participation in the competition
without any liability to the entrant; or
b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
The Promoters will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
34. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver
of those rights.
35. By entering into this Promotion, you agree that the laws of NSW govern this Promotion and
that irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
36. The Promoters have obtained the following permits in regard to the Promotion: NSW Permit No.
LTPS/11/11636 and ACT Permit No. TP 11/05110
Conditions of Entry – Game of Chance 4