By Claire Reinhard
• Steven Paul Jobs
• born February 24, 1955
• born and raised in San Francisco,CA
• adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs
• called founder of Hewlett Packard for help on high school
project and got hired for summer job at Hewlett Packard
• once owned movie studio that created Finding Nemo and
• unknowingly met birth father at his birth father’s restaurant
• whenever he made presentation in public he wore blue
jeans, sneakers and a black turtleneck
• Steve started Apple company with Stephen
Wozniak in the Jobs’ garage
• 2001- first iPod
• 2010- first iPad
• 2007 -first iPhone
• his idea to make iPod, iPhone, iPad
• now most valuable technology company in the
• October 5, 2011
• around 3:00 PM
• died in his CA home
• Apple announced his death
Apple announced his death:
“We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve
Jobs passed away today.
Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the
source of the countless innovations that enrich and
improve all of our lives. The world is a better
place because of Steve.
His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his
family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who
were touched by his extraordinary gifts.’’
2011 Fiscal Year Sales
• iPod- 42,720,000 Sales of Apple
products in millions
• iPhone- 72,270,000
• iPad- 32,390,000 70
1st 2nd 3rd 4th total
Qtr Qtr Qtr Qtr
Math Problem 1 (average)
Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955.
He died October 5, 2011.
Exactly how old was he?
Math Problem 2 (challenging)
The iTunes store opened April 28, 2003.
As of October 4, 2011, the iTunes store has sold
What is the average number of songs purchased every
Math Problem 3 (super hard)
Steve Jobs bought Pixar for $10,000,000.
Later he sold Pixar to Disney for
What was the percent profit that he earned?
Math Problem Answers
• Q1- 56 years, 7 months, 9 days
• Q2- 5,201,560 songs per day
• Q3- 73,900%