6.7.09 Exec Meeting Minutes

Document Sample
6.7.09 Exec Meeting Minutes Powered By Docstoc
					   Minutes For SEC exec Meeting 6/7/2009

1) We have excess funds because of the hold we put on earlier
   a) We are moving 8k into the PNC account
   b) We are returning 3k to the Alumni
   c) We are keeping 5k in the university account
2) TO DO’s for the summer:
   a) Xaoiyi will look into the ING Account
   b) Rachel will email 1st years and make sure officers are updated, and look into changing the
       websites
3) Activities Fair
   a) Will likely be on the 9th or 10th
   b) Will be from 11-12, lunch at 12
   c) In BST – (Peterson, too expensive)
   d) 12:15 with everyone sitting down, explain the role of the SEC
   e) Tell about the first meeting – so they know to come
   f) MATT will request for people to do the activities fair
4) Issue with elections
   a) Honor council isn’t doing what they are supposed to do
   b) Can’t be a first responder thing
   c) We need to be in better touch with honor council – can’t be quite as ad hoc. SEC needs to take
       a leading role in this
   d) Need to make class elections more clear – need to allow write-ins
   e) IN SUMMARY – in conjunction with HONOR COUNCIL need to reform elections
5) Matt proposes new Heirachy
   a) Candace modifies it, as shown below
   b) We have an existential crisis (what is the role of the SEC, how to deal with groups like CC, HC<
       etc. that don’t need us, but we still want them to be a part of us
6) Budgeting Stuff
   a) Went over rubric
       i) Should special events be differently funded?
            (1) SNMA threw tons of special dinners
            (2) These need to be open to the whole student body
            (3) Should not have a set amount of $$
            (4) A limit on the amount for food.
       ii) Conference Funding
            (1) Groups to Organizational $400 for the group, to be divided as seen fit by group
            (2) Individual Research for Organizational $100
            (3) Individual as attendee at Organizational Conference $100
            (4) Individual for Scientific Conference $250
            (5) Total Funding for conferences: Increased from 4500 to 5000
                (a) Still prioritizing indiv to conference
7) Next meeting in 3rd week of june, and after that in July.
8) Rachel will Decide who gets what groups to read, and email it out:

Candice:
Medical Students for Choice
SALUD
SNMA
GHIG
Neurosurgery and Neurology
Surgery

Gillian:
CMA (Christian Medical Assoc)
Murmurs
Student Physicians for Social Responsibility
OPALS
Wilderness Medicine
iSHRIC
Military Medicine

Matt:
AMA
Honor Council
Operation Safety Net
STAHR
LGBT People and Allies in Medicine
Orthopaedic Surgery (OSIG)
Admissions

Rachel:
AMSA
KPHP (Kenya Pediatric HIV Project)
ProActive
AMSIP
Medical Education
Pathology Medical Students (PMSIG)
Guerilla Eye Service

Xiaoyi:
APAMSA
Birmingham Clinic
Maimonides Society
SHARP
Emergency Medicine
Physical Medicine and Rehab (PM&RIG)

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:0
posted:2/23/2012
language:
pages:3