Christchurch Food Festival
Great Christchurch Bake Day
How to Enter
There are three simple ways to enter, either:
Download an entry form from http://miss-ingredient.co.uk/?page_id=2517
Collect a form from Captains Club Hotel Wick Ferry
Send a SAE to “Miss Ingredient Cake Company”, 3 Creedy Drive, Christchurch, Dorset BH23
1NX marked “Bake Day”
All entrants will be asked to provide a recipe suitable for the category chosen and write the
recipe and method with a brief accompanying paragraph describing the baked item.
Submit your entry by post to:
“Miss Ingredient”, 3 Creedy Drive, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 1NX
Send the entry form as an attachment by email to email@example.com
First round of written applications close 2 April 2012
Terms and Conditions
1. Judging of the first round will be based on the written entry and winners of this first round
will be notified by May 5th 2012 and invited to provide two examples of their entry on the day,
one for show and one for tasting (all cakes will be cut except the Showstopper category)
Entries must be presented on a non-returnable disposable plate with entrants name on the
underside and a copy of the entry form on the 19 May.
2. Winners of the second round should deliver their entry to the CFF between 7.30am and
9.30am on Saturday 19 May 2012. Tables will be provided and items will be displayed by
category. Entrant’s names will not be displayed until the winners have been announced.
3. The entry fee for this final round on the day will be £2 payable on the day. Under 18’s must
have their parent or guardians permission before entering the competition. Entrants can enter
as many categories as you wish but each category only once. All categories are for amateur
bakers except the Apple Cake category, which is for professional bakers only and the Show
Stopper which is for amateurs and professionals.
4. Judges and their families are not eligible to enter. Professional bakers may enter the
Dorset Apple Cake category and Professional cake decorators may enter the Showstopper
category alongside amateurs
5. Adults – over 16’s only and entries must be entirely your own work. Cakes will be judged
on appearance and taste
Children – entries to the children’s category only the entry must be entirely your own work.
Cakes will be judged on appearance and taste.
All ingredients must be listed on the entry form for allergy purposes. All ingredients must be
6. By entering you are agreeing to have your cake photographed.
7. CCH reserves the right to disqualify any entry without notice. All late entries on the day will
not be accepted to the show
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners
announced and presentation of prizes takes place at 5pm. There will be a winner and runner
up in each category and one overall winner for the “Best in show”
9. A trophy will be presented to the winner in each category and a rosette to the runners-up.
10. The written and second round of judging will be carried out by Christchurch Food and
Wine festival founder and president, Mary Reader together with cake designer Jenny
11. The final round of judging will be carried out by “The Great British Bake Off” celebrity
judge, Jo Wheatley, (The Great British Bake Off series 2 winner) in association with Mary
Reader and Jenny Budzynski.
12. Please understand that there is no link whatsoever with the BBC series The Great British
Bake Off apart from us being lucky enough to welcome Jo Wheatley as a judge.
13. The event forms part of the Christchurch Food and Wine Festival 2012.
Great Christchurch Bake Day and Fete Entry Form
Category: Please circle. When entering more than one category use a separate entry
form for each category entry
Chocolate cake: maximum 6” round cake. Amateur bakers only.
Meringues: 6 meringues. Amateur bakers only
Light fruitcake: maximum 8” diameter. Amateur bakers only
Dark fruitcake: maximum 6” square. Amateur bakers only
Choux pastry based sweet recipe: 6 or 12 small pieces or 1 large.
Amateur bakers only
Fruit pie: Amateur bakers only
Cold savory pie : amateur bakers only
Fruit jam preserve: amateur bakers only
Chutney: amateur bakers only
Under 16’s Category: 6 decorated cupcakes. This category is split into two:
under 12’s and 12 – 16 year olds.
Dorset apple cake: Professional bakers only
Show Stopper Cake: A tiered iced celebration display cake which can be
non-edible. Entries will be based on decoration only. Amateurs and
Please circle: Adult Under 12 12 – 16 years
Ingredients/ Quantities/ Recipe:
About my entry:
I certify that my entry complies with the terms and conditions above.
Parent/Guardians signature (if under 18 years old)
(For organisers use) ENTRY NUMBER ..........................