1. Students will abide by the 3 R’s: Respect for yourself, Respect for your
classmates, and Respect for your teacher. Please raise your hand to
2. Students will be seated in their desks with materials out BEFORE the last
“bing” of the bell.
3. Name-calling, swearing, and inappropriate classroom behavior will not be
4. You MUST show all work in this course. Simply writing down an answer
will not do. Failure to show your work will ear you a grade of ZERO on
the assignment. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS, here!
• 3-ring, 2” hard-covered binder
• 5 dividers
– 1 = “Warm-Ups”; 2 = “Notes”; 3 = “HW & Tasks”;
4 = “Quizzes”; and 5 = “Miscellaneous.”
• PENCILS! (I do not allow pens)
• Scientific (or graphing) Calculator
• Highlighters/Markers, Ruler, and Compass
• Plenty of notebook paper
• Textbook & your Note-Taking Guide (everyday!!)
Note! You must have a separate binder for this class. Do
not attempt to keep other classes’ materials in your
• Random facts about ME!
• They are located underneath the date on
• I change them every other day.
• Pay close attention to them (you may want
to keep them written down in your
notebook) because they sometimes
appear as bonus questions on your
• Log onto
http://gcps-andreathompson.onmycalendar.com/ to get
your make-up work.
• Contrary to the Agenda Book’s 5-day policy, I strongly
encourage you to take only TWO days for each day you
are absent to make up any missed assignments for my
• It is the student’s responsibility to turn in make-up
work to the teacher within the prescribed time period.
• If you miss a TEST, you must arrange transportation to
make up the test during your lunch/PAWS period or
after school at 2:15, ON THE DAY YOU RETURN!
If you need to borrow anything from me
during the class period – a pencil, eraser,
or calculator – you must give me a shoe to
keep behind my desk!
PENCIL = RIGHT SHOE
CALCULATOR = LEFT SHOE
ERASER = RIGHT SHOE
You get your shoe back when you return, to
me, the item(s) you borrowed.
• Homework will be assigned daily (even on Friday’s) and
should be completed daily for success in this course.
Homework, assignments, and tasks will be checked
and/or collected throughout a unit, or at the end of a unit.
LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!
• QUIZZES will be given periodically. Any material
covered in class notes, textbook, tasks, or HW problems
is considered “fair game” for a quiz. If you miss a quiz,
you cannot make it up. I will use your test grade for the
chapter in its place.
• POP QUIZZES can be given any other day during the
week as deemed appropriate by the teacher.
• These will be on the board when you walk in the door
• They will consist of three to eight problems that you must
copy down and attempt (copy problem & show work!)
• They must be dated & numbered, and should be kept
in a running sequence on the same page, front and
back. (Let’s help save the trees!)
• Some days I will work the problems and other days
you will turn them in for a grade, so it is in your best
interest to work them every day.
• You will ONLY have 5 minutes to complete these, and
you must do so quietly.
BENCHMARK TESTS 5%
DAILY GRADES/Tasks 15%
FINAL EXAM (FR) 5%
FINAL EXAM (MC) 15%
I send home Progress Reports every 3 Weeks, and they
must be signed and returned!
You are allowed 3 “Whatever” passes per
(No rewards for not using them. Sorry!)
1. You must fill out YOUR agenda w/ the
date, time, and location, then I’ll sign it.
2. I will also do the same in MY Agenda
• Bring me a recent picture of yourself for
my Wall of Fame, and you’ll get 5 bonus
points on one chapter test.
• You may bring your picture during any
chapter, but this is a one-time deal!
• Make an ‘A’ on any TEST, and you’ll be a
• Your name and a STAR goes up on the
poster for each ‘A’ that you make.
• The top 3-5 students with the most STARS
at the end of the semester receive a really
In an effort to improve your basic computational
skills (+, -, x, and ) a.k.a. “mental math”, I will
not allow you to use calculators at certain times
throughout the semester.
I am available for help every morning before school from
6:50 – 7:05 AM, and not a second earlier! =)
I am available Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday
afternoons until 2:45 PM (or later).
There is no need to make an appointment with me in the
mornings, just drop by if you have questions…PLEASE!!
If you want to come in the afternoon, please let me know in
advance so I can rearrange meetings/appts. if
If you or your parent/guardian ever have a
question or concern, please feel free to
e-mail me . . .
Or call the school (770) 476-5206, and leave
me a message.
• Students are to be seated in their desks BEFORE the
tardy bell rings. Those students who are not will be
Three (3) Tardies = Department Detention
Four (4) Tardies = Department Detention
Five (5) Tardies = Department Detention
Six (6) Tardies = Referral
I check homework the second students arrive in the
classroom. If a student is late to class because of an
unexcused tardy, he/she will receive a “0” for the
assignment, even if the student has completed it.
• Notes will be monitored (and collected),
along with your textbook/notebook, several
times during the semester
• Dividers should be titled in this order:
2. Class Notes
3. Homework/ WS’s
• There will be six chapter tests 1st semester covering
Chapters 1 – 6, and six chapter tests covering Chapters
7-13 2nd semester. (Chps. 12 & 13 are combined)
• In addition to the chapter tests, students will have the
9-Weeks Test (Chps. 1 – 3)
18-Weeks/Post Test (entire semester)
Final Exam (FR & MC)