01. Name of Event The Gujarat Kensville Challenge 2012
02. Dates January 26-29, 2012 (Thursday – Sunday)
03. Prize Money Euro 200,000
04. Host Venue Kensville Golf & Country Club
B-900, Shapath IV, Opp Karnavati Club
S G Highway, Ahmedabad – 280051 (Gujarat)
05. Format Stroke play, Top 60 & ties will make cut after 2nd round.
06. Defending Champion Gaganjeet Bhullar (India)
07. Practice Round January 23-24, 2012 (Monday & Tuesday)
January 25, 2012 (9 holes only between 0800hrs to 1000hrs)
08. Practice Driving Range – Open all day
Chipping Area – Open all day
Practice Putting Green – Open all day
Monday – Sunday 0600hrs onwards
Note: Driving Range – Only range balls to be used.
Chipping + Putting Green – own golf balls to be used.
09. Pro-Am January 25, 2012
Format – TBC, 2 tee start between 1020hrs to 1210hrs
10. Tournament Office At the Club
11. Registration Tournament office
Closes on January 24, 2012 –1800hrs
All foreign nationals are required to submit their passport
copies along with visa copy and photograph to the PGTI
tournament office during registration.
12. Entry Fee Approx Rs.3500/- (Euro 50 – rate as per Jan 5, 2012)
13. Withholding Tax There will be a withholding tax @10% + applicable
Surcharge and Cess.
14. Caddie Fee US$ 35/- per round including practice round. To be paid at Pro-
Shop daily before play and ticket of payment to be given to the
Competitors bringing their own caddie must abide by the
caddie rules & regulations of the host club.
15. Bag Storage Available at the club house
16. PGTI Officials Director Uttam Singh Mundy
Director P S Sandhu
Tournament Director Sampath Chari
Operations Amit Deb
Jai Prakash Sharma
Media Nikhil Kalaan
17. Contact Information Uttam Singh Mundy +91 98159 00466
P S Sandhu +91 98188 75557
Sampath Chari +91 99109 74842
Amit Deb +91 99109 74844
Jai Prakash Sharma +91 99109 74843
Nikhil Kalaan +91 99109 74846
PGTI Office +91 124 4861775 / 771
Kensville GC +91 8980012806 / 7940002900
18. Tee Times Will be posted on the official notice board after registration.
19. Additional Information Metal Spikes are not allowed.
20. Getting there!
Airport: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
Railway Station: Ahmedabad Railway Station
Bus Stand: Inter State Bus Terminus
Hotel Tushar (www.hoteltushar.webs.com)
Girdharnagar Char Rasta(Four Roads)., Shahibaug. Ahmedabad (079 2286 6475)
Hotel Damji’s (www.laabhhotel.com)
Karnavati Society, Ashram Road, Usmanpura Char Rasta, Ahmedabad (079 27542961)
Hotel Host Inn (www.hotelhostinn.com)
Opposite B.M.C Bank, Khanpur Ahmedabad, (079 25501244 / 45)
Please note, PGTI does not have any agreement with the above list of accommodation options. They are only for
your reference and bookings must be made directly with the Hotel.
Alternatively, for a detailed list of Hotels you may refer to www.makemytrip.com. They have various ongoing promos
and deals which might be of interest to you.
Players must make their own transport arrangements.
Pre-paid taxis are available
23. Other Information:
Last Date for Withdrawal from the Gujarat Kensville Challenge 2012: January 16, 2012
Note: - Players are requested to reconfirm above fact sheet on registration.