TURKEY DAY DATA
USE THE GRAPHS BELOW TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THANKSGIVING DATA
FROM THE US BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS.
1. What data is shown on the graph above?
2. In which year were prices for turkey the highest per pound?
3. In which month in 2005 did price per pound increase the most?
4. Name two reasons why this increase in price might have occurred.
5. How much did prices increase from January to December of 2004?
6. In which type of organization do most people volunteer?
7. What percentage of volunteers chose organizations that serve public safety?
8. What is the average percentage of volunteers that chose religious, educational AND community
9. How many more volunteers (percentage) chose hospitals than environmental or animal care
10. Name two examples that might be considered a sport, hobby, cultural or arts organization.
11. According to the graph, what percentage of people will spend 3 or more hours watching
12. How many hours will 18% of the population spend participating in sports?
13. Which two activities will people spend about the same amount of hours doing?
14. For which activity will people spend the LEAST amount of time?
15. Why might there be a lower percentage of people participating in religious and spiritual activities
during the Thanksgiving weekend than during other holidays?