What is it?
• The way of life of people that share similar
beliefs and customs.
How does a
• Social Groups- Rich, Poor, Middle Class,
young, old, and roles of Men and Women.
– Ethnic Group:
• People who share history, language, religion, and some
What are some
Social Groups that
can be seen at CHS?
• Language- One of the strongest
unifying forces in a culture.
– Dialect- Local form of a language
• Words spoken differently
– Soda or Pop?
Dialect of the United States, Doesn’t include other languages spoken.
• Religion- Helps
have wars over
• Major Religions:
– Christianity (Catholic, Protestant, and Many
– Islam- (Sunnite and Shiite)
What are the
where are they
Culture (Day 2)
• Government- Create rules or laws so people
can live together without conflict.
– Democracy- Power rests with the people
– Monarchy- Kings or queens are born into a ruling
– Dictatorship- Takes power by force
• Rely on the police and military to stay in power
Where can these types of government be seen?
How do you make a living?
• Economy- how people
make a living
• Cultural Regions- Includes different countries
that have similar traits.