ENUMCLAW SCHOOL DISTRICT #416
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CTE)
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION TRAINING AGREEMENT
Student Name - ______________________________________________________________________ Sex (circle) M F
Last First Initial
Address - ___________________________________________________________________________________________
Street City Zip
Home Phone - __________________________ Email - ____________________________ Birthdate ______________
High School Grade - _____________ Age (16+) - ______________Name of Business__________________________
Business email address: _______________________________________________________________________________
Business/Worksite Address - ______________________________________________ City/Zip- ____________________
Job Title - ____________________________________Job Duties - ____________________________________________
Qualifying Class - _________________________________ Instructor’s Signature - _____________________________
Student Responsibilities (Failure to comply with any of the following may result in termination from the program):
1. To provide your own transportation to and from the job using public transportation or in a legally licensed and insured vehicle.
2. To become familiar with and conform to all student employee regulations and policies set forth by the employer and the coordinator.
3. To notify the Cooperative Education Coordinator within 24 hours if there is a change of work hours or if termination occurs.
4. To see that the employer receives progress reports and that they are completed and returned to the coordinator on the due dates.
5. That the in-school class is a vital part of the cooperative work experience program and that failure in the class portion will also result in failure
of the work credit portion.
6. Short and long-term suspension policies will apply to the work experience program. If the student is expelled from school, they will be in
violation of the contract, and the contract will be terminated.
7. To return the monthly hour form to the Cooperative Education Coordinator no later than two school days after the end of each month.
8. Document 180 work hours for each Cooperative Education class (0.5 credit/1 semester)
9. Any student working for their parent must provide the following: a copy of the business license, monthly copies of their paycheck, school hour
Form, a training plan that shows students are learning job entry skills for the workforce.
Student Signature - _______________________________________ Date - _______________________
1. To assume responsibility for the conduct and safety of the student from the time they leave school until reporting to work. Likewise from the
time they leave the job until they return to school or home. The Enumclaw School District assumes no responsibility or liability for student’s
travel, conduct or safety once the student leaves school grounds.
2. To encourage the student’s active participation, punctuality, attendance, and personal growth in this program.
3. To support this agreement during the student’s participation in the work-credit program.
Parent/Guardian (Print) - ______________________________________ Signature - ______________________________
Parent/Guardian Address - ___________________________________________ City/Zip - _________________________
Parent/Guardian Home Phone - ________________________________ Work Phone - _____________________________
Employer (Learning Worksite Supervisor) Responsibilities:
1. To comply with state and federal guidelines and regulations health & safety, nondiscrimination, harassment, work rules for minors, and
2. Comply with the nondiscrimination statement listed on the reverse side of this contract.
3. To provide the student employee with the same considerations given a regular beginning employee with regard to safety, health, social security,
general working conditions, and other regulations of the organization. Employer shall adhere to all federal and state wage and hour laws.
4. Maximum working hours are dependent upon the student’s ability to work and still maintain satisfactory grades and state L&I regulations.
5. To notify the coordinator of any problems that the student is having on the job when, in the employer's opinion, the existing situation could be
detrimental to the student’s continued employment.
6. To confer with the coordinator regarding the student’s on-the-job performance and to complete and return to the coordinator progress reports
for grading the student.
7. Provide student with minor work permit and retain a copy on file
8. Employers comply with labor and industries standards especially WAC 296-126-130 variance and chapters 296-24 and 296-62 WAC; or WAC
Employer/Supervisor (Print) - ____________________________________Signature - _____________________________
Worksite Phone Number - _____________________ Fax - _____________________ Email - _______________________
Cooperative Education Coordinator Responsibilities:
1. To contact the employer/supervisor at the learning worksite periodically and become acquainted with the immediate job-site supervisor.
2. To become familiar with the nature of the work that the student is expected to perform and to assist the student if conflicts arise which may be
detrimental to success on the job.
3. To endeavor to resolve any problems that arise from the student’s employment to the mutual satisfaction of all parties concerned.
Cooperative Education Coordinator - _____________________________________________________________________
NONDISCRIMINATION AGREEMENT FOR COOPERATIVE EDUCATION
The Enumclaw School District and the learning worksite employer assures compliance with state and federal guidelines and
regulations regarding nondiscrimination against any employee/student on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, or
disability in recruitment, responsibility, and pay. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to race, color, national
origin, gender, or disability is strictly prohibited.
Employer/Supervisor Cooperative Education Program Orientation:
Purpose of Cooperative Education The Enumclaw School District Cooperative Education program provides an
opportunity for students to take the skills and knowledge they have gained in the
classroom and apply them as an employee at a worksite.
Student Evaluation Process Gradesheets and documentation required
Learning Plan The student’s learning plan will relate to their job and 13th year plan.
Master Business License A minor work permit is required if students under 18 are employed.
Fair Labor Standards Act Must adhere to Fair Labor Standards Act
New Employee Orientation must address:
L&I employment standards for minors
Employer’s worksite safety and health program
Location of first-aid materials
How to report unsafe conditions and practices
Use and care of personal protective equipment
Identification of hazardous materials – procedures to follow
Sexual harassment and discrimination training including reporting
Cooperative Education program orientation was completed.
Employer / Supervisor Signature - _____________________________________________ Date - __________________
Cooperative Education Coordinator - _____________________________________________ Date - __________________
Occupational Health & Safety
The Enumclaw School District requires that students involved in the Cooperative Education program have a safe work
environment and that the worksite adheres to all federal and state occupational health and safety requirements.
Accident Prevention Program YesNoN/A Material Safety Data Sheets
(MSDS) as required
Required Personal Safety YesNoN/A Health and Safety Checks
(i.e. worksite, WISHA, OSHA,
Dept. of Health, Fire Dept., etc.)
Worksite Insurance YesNoN/A Variance Applications
YesNoN/A WAC 296-125-030
This worksite complies with all health and safety requirements listed above. (These can be found in WAC296-125, WAC 296-
131, and WAC 180-50-315)
Employer/ Supervisor Signature - ______________________________________________ Date - __________________