Data Requested/ Information Requested
1. How many Hackney Carriage Licenses are currently in circulation within your
Council/Local Authority area?
2. If there is a year on year increase in the number of issued licenses, what is the
06/04/10 (2334) Information not held
3. How many Private Hire Licenses are currently in circulation within your Council/Local
1. The total amount spent on issuing household bins in the financial year 2009-2010
(including selection, purchase, storage, distribution, publicity and any other costs).
06/04/10 (2336) Information not held
2. A breakdown of the above costs.
3. The number of bins issued to households for this figure.
1. The total cost of expenses incurred by the council’s Chief Executive from 1 January – 31
06/04/10 (2337) Full response sent
2. A breakdown of the above expenses.
3. The total cost of expenses incurred by all council staff from 1 January – 31 March 2010.
4. The total amount paid by the council in staff relocation costs since January 2009.
Your website states that a total of £40,000 has been paid by councillors from their LCF
06/04/10 (2338) allowance towards the Hoard appeal. Which councillors have donated, and how much in Full response sent
1. The total cost of installing speed cameras on the A500 between Talke and Hanley.
2. The number of vehicles caught breaking the speed limit from Friday 2 April –
1 and 4 Information not held 2 and 3
06/04/10 (2340) Monday 5 April inclusive.
3. The total value of fines issued from the A500 speed cameras from Friday 2 April –
Monday 5 April inclusive.
4. How will revenue from the A500 speed cameras be distributed?
Does the council use Anite to scan correspondence into an electronic file?
If so, how much does it cost the council every year?
07/04/10 (2341) Full response sent
What duties does Anite undertake?
Why does the council use Anite?
How much has Staffordshire council paid in compensation for trips, falls and other injuries
08/04/10 (2343) Information not held
due to barriers and other road/highway safety fences over the last five years?
Please can you give me details of any tenders that have been awarded by Staffordshire
CC over the last 24 months that have in their title:Call Centre (CPV Code 79512000) / Call
Handling Service (CPV Code 79510000) / Out of Hours Call Handling
If any have been awarded then I would like the following details:
08/04/10 (2344) Date of award Information not held
Value of contract
Length of contract
Company details of winning contract
Specific title of tender
How many bills for Decent Homes work have you sent to private leaseholders in each year
08/04/10 (2345) from 2005 to the present? Information not held
How much were those bills for, and what work were they for?
CA098 - A52 Werrington Road, Bucknall
08/04/10 (2381) I wish to make a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 of the number Full response sent
of accidents/injuries which have occurred in the area this camera is said to cover in the
past five years as a result of vehicles in excess of the alleged speed limit.
1. For each financial year 2007-08 and 2008-09, and as per the definition given above, the
number of requests for BSL interpreting services submitted to your Council.
2. For each financial year 2007-08 and 2008-09, and as per the definition given above, the
09/04/10 (2342) cost to your Council of supplying BSL interpreting services. Full response sent
3. The most recent figures for the number of residents in your Council who might require
BSL interpreting services and what proportion of your Council’s total population these
individuals make up.
As the FOI authority acting for the Staffordshire Safety Camera Partnership, I would be
very grateful if you could provide me with the number of motorists caught speeding along
09/04/10 (2346) Full response sent
the A500, between the Talke exit and A53 roundabout, using the mobile camera van, from
January 1 this year until March 31.
1. During the 2009 calendar year how many temporary fixed position speed cameras were
withdrawn from service that were positioned at a site where a temporary speed limit had
been introduced because of road maintenance?
(This figure should include all those temporary cameras that were installed and removed
during 2009 but also those installed prior to 2009 but removed in 2009).
2. For each of the temporary cameras referred to above please state :
09/04/10 (2408) a) When was it installed Full response sent
b) When was it removed
c) Where it was positioned
d) What was the original speed limit on the road
e) What was the temporary speed limit being enforced by the cameras
f) How many speeding motorists were issued with fines during the period of the
temporary speed limit reduction.
I would like to request statistics on the number of prosecutions, fines and warnings issued
11/04/10 (2412) Information not held
to householders for breaches of bin and recycling policies.
(a) company name, addresses and rateable values of Commercial properties that are
within your Council with rateable values between £5,000 to £8,000 who are eligible for, but
12/04/10 (2347) not currently receiving small business rate relief; and(b) the names of the owners of those Information not held
properties referred to in (a);and (c) the relevant billing authority reference number as
referred to in (a)
12/04/10 (2351) Road detail requested re Penn Common Road Full response sent
Under the Freedom of Information Act please could you provide answers to the following
questions for the past 3 financial years (07/08, 08/09 and 09/10), broken down by year:
1. How many staff had corporate credit cards?
2. What brands of corporate credit cards did council staff have?
2. What was the total spend on these credit cards?
3. How many transactions were made?
13/04/10 (2348) Full response sent
4. Please provide a breakdown of what the money was spent on?
5. How much was the highest transaction and what was it for?
6. Was the corporate credit card used for any personal purchases in error and if so, for
what and how much? Please confirm that the money was recovered from the member(s)
7. Were bonus air-miles or other rewards earned and if so what was the total amount in
rewards (please breakdown by reward type)?
1. The total number of Health Impact Assessments (HIA) that have been submitted as a
supporting document for a planning application from 2005 to date
2. Whether or not the HIA was submitted on a voluntary or compulsory basis as part of the
15/04/10 (2357) Full release
planning application process
3. The description and reference number of the planning application each HIA
4. An electronic copy of each document or the cost for photocopies of the documents.
15/04/10 (2358) Detail requested regarding parking enforcement Information not held
I am interested to learn more about the money spent on your main suppliers in the years
2006, 2007, 2008.
15/04/10 (2360) Full response sent
Could you please send me details of the expenditure made to each supplier (who supplied
goods or services over £500,000 p.a.) in one or more of these years?
The rise in the cost of a skip permit/licence (per day) and any associated parking costs
(per day) over the last five years – actual figures and percentages
The rise in the number of skip permits applied for over the last five years – actual figures
16/04/10 (2365) Full response sent
The cost of a skip permit (per day) and any associated parking costs (average per day) –
The total amount of revenue taken from skip hire permits over the last five years – broken
I would like to ask how many school days were missed in your area by pupils who were
away on holiday with their families. Please provide information for the most recent year for
which information is available.
Please provide figures for both authorised and unauthorised absence at both primary and
20/04/10 (2375) Full response sent
I would also like to ask how many a) penalty notices and b) prosecutions have been
issued against parents or families who have taken their children on holiday in breach of the
rules on absence from school
I would like to know the background and details regarding the removal of a tree in Sparch
20/04/10 (2393) Hollow, and why it was chopped down - was it causing a problem to residents, was it Full response sent
diseased etc and what your policy is concerning the trimming of trees in this locality. This
tree is/was located between Stuart Grove and Tudor Grove.
20/04/10 (2439) Information relating to ownership of sewers in Burntwood Full response sent
1. How you procure Construction Consultancy Services
2. How you procure Construction Contractors
3. If by your own framework, please tell me:
a. The titles and content of the relevant frameworks
21/04/10 (2376) Full response sent
b. Who is on the current frameworks
c. The start and end dates of the frameworks
d. Any possible extention periods to the frameworks
e. The name and contact email of person responsible for the frameworks
1. The numbers of FTE employees in the council (excluding teachers) at the end of the
financial year 2004-5.
2. The numbers of FTE employees in the council (excluding teachers) at the end of the
financial year 2009-10.
3. The numbers of sickness absence days (FTE) taken by employees of the council
(excluding teachers) during the financial year 2004-5.
22/04/10 (2378) 4. The numbers of sickness absence days (FTE) taken by employees of the council Full release
(excluding teachers) during the financial year 2009-10.
5. Details of any incentives or prizes offered to council employees (excluding teachers) to
improve attendance rates. Please detail what the incentives or prizes were, their value,
how many were awarded, and when.
6. The number of FTE employees in the council (excluding teachers) at ‘management’
level and above at the end of the financial year 2004-5.
Can you please supply me with a list of the top 1500 contractors and suppliers to the
county council ( those who receive the most money for goods or services supplied) in
22/04/10 (2379) Full response sent
decending order for the 6 month period october 2009 to march 2010, or whichever period
closet to this which is available.
22/04/10 (2426) Information relating to road traffic schemes Full response sent
I am seeking details of high ranking member of staffs salaries and bonus details from the
28/04/10 (2386) Awaiting clarification
last year at Staffordshire County Council.
28/04/10 (2387) Please could you inform me if your customer services contact centre is accredited by an Full response sent
external organisation, such as Charter Mark, Customer Service Excellence, CCA etc.
1. This notice advises the traffic works are for bridge works. What bridge works are to be
completed? By what date should they be completed?
2. If this is a temporary traffic light, why has this been in place for more than two years?
3. Why does Staffordshire council sponsor this traffic control when no works are taking
28/04/10 (2575) Full response sent
4. What work has already been completed? (I believe other than temporary plastic crash
barriers none has been done)
5. If these are in fact permanent measures, introduced by "the back door" why have the
temporary lights not been replaced by permanent traffic lights.
1. For the year 2009/10, what is the average sickness absence level (measured by
number of full time equivalent days) per employee at the local authority? If data is not
available for 2009/10, please supply the latest yearly data available.
2. Please supply the average sickness absence level (measured by number of full time
1 and 2 Full release 3 informaiton not
29/04/10 (2391) equivalent days) per employee at the local authority the year before; 2008-9, as a
3. What percentage of absence was caused by work-related stress? If figures are not
available, please list where possible causes of absence (e.g. stress, depression, mental
health and so on).
East Staffs Borough Council told me that they are responsible for collecting dustbins but
you are responsible for disposing of the rubbish once it has been collected by the lorries. Is
29/04/10 (2414) Please could you clarify what happens to the waste from the black bins: is it land filled or Information not held
is it incinerated or a bit of both?
Please could you tell me what happens to the contents of the blue (recycling) bins? Is this
sorted by the council or a private company?
1. The total fiscal yearly spend on customer contact centre resourcing across the whole
29/04/10 (2463) Full response sent
2. The total number of customer contact centre staff employed directly by the council on a
3. The total number of customer contact centre staff currently working on an agency basis.
Information Requested Information Released
04/05/10 (2394) Please can you send me the visitor figures for each of your libraries for 2009-10? Full response sent
Please provide details of:
1. the names and ranks/grades, departments and job titles of all employees in your organisation
who have attended Common Purpose courses.
2. the total expenditure on Common Purpose courses for each year from 1997 to date together
04/05/10 (2395) Full response sent
with a copy of the invoice for each Common Purpose course paid for by your organisation.
By 'Common Purpose', I mean the training organisation of that name:
If your council runs some form of heritage plaque system, to commemorate buildings or sites in your
authority's area linked to individuals or events, please could you provide me with the following
information about it, under the Freedom of Information Act:
04/05/10 (2398) - the names of all those individuals and events commemorated on a plaque under the scheme. Information not held
- the year in which each plaque was granted (if the plaque was granted more than ten years ago and
it is not possible to locate the precise date, please just indicate that it is more than ten years old.)
1. Staff numbers
The number of Full time equivalent staff (FTE) employed in 2009/10 in the following
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
04/05/10 (2403) Full response sent
- Human Resources
- Estates Management
For full time equivalent staff (FTE) this should be the number of staff in post as either the average for
the financial year 2009/10, or if this is not available, the number of staff in post as at the 31st March
2010. FTE staff to include temporary / contract staff.
Could you please send me the following information – with the most up to date figures available as
this request is processed - in relation to the council’s FJF programme:
07/05/10 (2401) Full response sent
(1) How many jobs has the council’s bid pledged to create?
(2) How much FJF funding does the council’s bid involve?
(3) How much of the council’s FJF allocation has been approved by DWP –and how much has been
received by the council?
1. Can you provide me with a detailed list of the members of the Stafford County Council Community
2. Can you also provide me with all the publications produced by Stafford County Councils Crime and
Disorder Reduction Partnership/Community Safety Partnership?
10/05/10 (2415) 3. Can you also tell me, how many Mosquito's are in operation within the county? Full response sent
4. When, to the best of your knowledge, these Mosquito's were installed?
5. Where these Mosquito's are installed?
6. Also, does Stafford County Council have any policy documents or provide guidelines to any
owners of these devices in the borough that may operate them?
I would like to ask for details of figures paid by the Council to external , solicitors, barristers and
10/05/10 (2438) Partial release
In particular I refer to Kernon Countryside Consultants, DLA Piper, Brown and Jacobson, Intego
Investigations, No 5 Chambers , Landmaek Chambers and others.
How many five bed council houses are situated in your area?
Of those how many have only one occupant?
How many four bed council houses are situated in your area?
11/05/10 (2410) Information not held
Of those how many have only one occupant?
How many three bed council houses are situated in your area?
Of those how many have only one occupant?
1. The total number of Full-time Equivalents (FTE) employed
11/05/10 (2416) 2. The total number of days absent due to sickness per FTE Information not held
3. The top 5 reasons for sickness absence.
I was just wondering if you would be able to help me. I'm trying to obtain a copy of your council's
Learning Disabilities Commissioning Strategy, or similar documentation regarding the commissioning
11/05/10 (2488) Full response sent
intentions and priorities for adults with learning disabilities, and I would be very grateful if you would
be able to send me a copy.
a) The number of motorists caught speeding along the A500 between Reginald Mitchell Way and the
A53 roundabout, from April 7 2010 to May 7 2010 by the new average speed cameras on that stretch.
b) The amount in fines which was generated by the speed cameras on the A500 between Reginald
Mitchell Way and the A53 roundabout between April 7 and May 7 2010
13/05/10 (2419) Full response sent
c) The number of appeals made against fines issued to motorists caught speeding along the A500
between Reginald Mitchell Way and the A53 roundabout, from April 7 2010 to May 7 2010 by the new
average speed cameras on that stretch.
d) The number of these appeals (as mentioned in question c) which were upheld.
Under the Freedom Of Information Act I am interested in the structure of your Council, and would
like to request a full structure chart including names and job titles of all individuals on salary scale
13/05/10 (2420) PO6 or above. Full response sent
Please find below my contact details and address. My preference is to receive these details in
electronic form (by email).
Copies of written procedures relating to the collection and care of stray/abandoned dogs in your local
Overall cost to your local authority of handling stray/abandoned dogs per year
1 Policy for handling stray/abandoned dogs in your local authority
2 Operation of Dog Warden service e.g. hours of service
3 Which kennel/pound is contracted by your local authority to house stray/abandoned dogs
14/05/10 (2421) 4 Average cost paid by your local authority to the contracted kennel/pound to house & care for Information not held
dogs for the initial 7 days
5 Average cost paid by your local authority to the contracted kennel/pound to put dogs to sleep
6 Details of any payment/contribution received by your local authority from Westminster when
Clean Neighbourhood & Environment Act 2005 came into force and responsibility for stray/abandoned
dogs passed to your local authority
With reference to the proposal for the change in policy relating to Transport to Denominational
Schools (accessible from this link:
http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transportconsultation/) please provide, under the Freedom of
14/05/10 (2422) Information Act, all committee reports, meeting minutes and other relevant documentation pertaining Partial release some information not held
to the decision to change transport policy for denominational children. Please also provide same
information relating to amending (or otherwise) the transport policy for non-denominational children.
In the last five years, has the council paid rent on properties which it did not occupy at the time of
• In the last five years what are the properties’ addresses on which the council paid rent, which
they did not occupy at the time of payment?
14/05/10 (2423) • How long did the council continue to pay rent on those properties in total? Full response sent
• What was the total rent paid by the council for properties they did not occupy?
• Do the council currently pay rent on properties they do not occupy?
• How much have the council paid in rent on these currently unoccupied properties, and how
long have these properties been unoccupied by the council?
I would like to know the total number of incidents involving guns/firearms of any description - whether
17/05/10 (2425) they are real, replica, reactivated or air operated - in schools over the last ten years. Information not held
Please can you provide me with the figures for the schools within your local authority?
Please provide, under the Freedom of Information Act, details of the number of Staffordshire County
Council staff members who receive discounted Arriva travelcards under the Staffs CC Travel Plan.
17/05/10 (2427) Please also include the value of the discount, and the cost of this to Staffs County Council. Please Full response sent
also provide information regarding the costs of any other travel subsidies given to Staffs CC
I am researching the provision of Local Authority play parks in England/Scotland & Wales. I would
appreciate it under the Freedom of Information Act if you could provide me with the exact locations
17/05/10 (2430) and facilities of the play parks within your authority including within your respective boroughs if Information not held
applicable. To this end I have attached a spreadsheet template to complete the information request.
I'm putting a study together of how services differ between local authorities across England, Scotland
and Wales, specifically in the education sector.
My findings so far are that legislation drives a lot of reforms, and that each individual local authority
works in a completely seperate way to each other, but there are certain trends.
19/05/10 (2432) Full response sent
Please could you furnish with me with some basic information regarding how you deal with the topica
issue of Teachers and school staff sickness.
Is the cost of that Supply teacher funded by the school's budget, or from a fund held by the Local
Is it possible to tell me how many from the catchment area for Blessed William Howard Catholic High
Some information not held. Exemptions
19/05/10 (2471) School have been accepted into Walton. Can you tell me how many appeals were successful, and of
these how many were oral appeals ?
I Would be Grateful If You Would Provide The Following Information In Relation To Chatwell Lane,
Sheriffhales, And In Particular The Section Between Chester Road And Where The Road Forks Off
Into Bun Lane
Dates Of All Safety Inspections Undertaken On The Carriageway In The Past Two Years Preceding
Details Of All Carriageway Defects Identified During Safety Inspections In The Two Years Preceding
20/05/10 (2468) Information not held
Details Of How Carriageway Safety Inspections Are Undertaken, Including Whether Walked Or
Driven, The Speed Of The Inspection Vehicle And The Number Of persons In The Vehicle.
The Intended Frequency Of Carriageway Safety Inspections.
Details Of All Complaints And/or Enquiries Relating To The Carriageway, Received in The Two
Years Preceding 14/05/10.
I am making the following request under the Freedom of Information Act. I require the following
details:The name, last known address, date of birth, date of death and estimated size of estate for any
persons who have died since December 2009 in your local authority area and whose details you have
21/05/10 (2434) passed or will pass onto either the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Lancaster/Cornwall and the QLTR (in Full response sent
Scotland). The information I am requesting is normally kept by social services or departments such as
environmental protection and bereavement services.
The Bailey Bridge Located At The Eastern End Of Church Road Has Served A Useful Function
Providing A Safe Crossing Over The Mill Stream For Many Walkers. Unfortunately, The Bridge Has
Suffered Damage And Public Access Has Been Discouraged But, Nevertheless, Remains A Risk. I
21/05/10 (2486) Understand That An Estimate Has Been Obtained That Indicates A High Cost Of Repair. Under The Full response sent
Requirements Of The Foi Act, Could You Please Provide Copy(ies) Of Any Estimates/quotations That
You Have Received For This Work Along With A Copy Of Any Specifications That Were Provided
ToThe Quoting Parties.
Do you use a content management system (CMS) to construct your public facing Internet site/s?
If the answer to 1 is “yes” please provide the following information:-
a. Is the CMS a proprietary system (i.e. a system purchased from a supplier in order to build web
sites) or has it been constructed internally by councils IT department, developers etc?
b. If the answer to 2a is ‘proprietary’ who supplied the software?
24/05/10 (2435) c. If the answer to 2a is ‘proprietary’ which other suppliers did you consider at the procurement Full response sent
If the answer to 1. is “no” how do you construct your web pages, a brief synopsis will suffice?
Do you use an external supplier to design the look and feel of your web site?
1. In the last financial year (09/10) how much money did you pay to students, who attended schools
under your authority’s responsibility, as compensation for personal injuries?
2. How many individual claims did this represent?
24/05/10 (2436) Full response sent
3. For all payments in excess of £2,000 please state the amount of compensation and a brief
description of the nature of the claim. Eg fall from climbing frame (£2,100), fingers trapped in door
(£3,150). In for personal injury referred to in Q.1 how many of these claims were for injuries
sustained as a result of an attack or assault from another student?
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please provide me with the total amount paid to staff in
24/05/10 (2437) Full response sent
bonuses (including all performance-related payments) in the 2009-2010 financial year.
Could you provide me with the following information about unplanned school closures (snow, boiler
breakdown, sickness, staff absences, strikes etc etc) over the last four calendar years (May 2006 -
25/05/10 (2442) Full response sent
May 2010). - details of all such school closures, providing the name of the school, the reason for its
closure, and the number of days it remained closed.
1) Please list the framework agreements and call off arrangements (often referred to as 'call-off
contracts') let by your local authority and which are used solely by your local authority. Information to
be provided is: Supplier, spend category (e.g. stationery, etc) and total expenditure on each one for
for year 2008/9.
2) Please list the collaborative framework agreements and collaborative call-off arrangements used
25/05/10 (2443) Partial release some information not held
by your authority. Information to be provided is: Supplier, spend category (e.g. stationery etc.) and
total expenditure on each one for the year 2008/9.
3) Please list the collaboration or consortium for each one (e.g. Buying Solutions, Eastern Shires
Purchasing Organisation (ESPO) and local collaboration with neighbouring authorities, organisations.
25/05/10 (2456) Information requested regarding residential care and children. Cost and number. Full response sent
I would like details of from the Council accounts for 2008, 2009 and 2010 showing what payments
have been made to other external solicitors barristers and experts particularly in relation to experts.ie:
26/05/10 (2457) D Rimmer, Peter Danks, Wardel Armstrong,Kernon Countryside Consultants, DLA Piper, Brown and Partial Response
Jacobson, Intego Investigations, No 5 Chambers , Landmaek Chambers and others.
1. How many Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras does your authority operate?
2. Where is each one positioned?
27/05/10 (2454) Information not held
3. Why are they sited where they are?
1, Details (i.e. addresses/contact phone numbers) of any new schools/colleges that will be opening
(including details of when they are due to open) in your borough in 2010 and 2011
27/05/10 (2455) Full response sent
2, Details of who I would need to contact to discuss the possible supply and recycle of printer
cartridges to these new schools.
27/05/10 (2459) Request for Highway inspection report for Hamble Grove, Perton. Full response sent
Details of each incident when the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) was used over the
28/05/10 (2466) last five years (May 2005 - present), including dates, how the act was utilised in practice (what kind of Full response sent
surveillance was used, where and who on) and why.
1. In the 12 months to 31 March 2010 how many apparent offences (red-light and speed cameras)
were detected by your Speed Camera Partnerships?
2. Of these offences how many were finalised by a) a fixed penalty b) a court summons and c) were
no proceeded with? If the total in Q.1 is not equal to the total of 2 (a) + 2(b) + 2(c) please explain why
there is a discrepancy.
3. For those offences that were not proceeded with please indicate how many were not proceeded
with for the following reasons:
28/05/10 (2469) Full response sent
a) Visitor from abroad or foreign vehicle
b) Emergency vehicle:
c) Written warning
d) Stolen vehicle
Please can I have a copy of the inspection reports for Belmot Road, Tutbury, Burton taken over the
28/05/10 (2487) Full response sent
last 2 years.
List of potholes that have been reported on B5405 between corse lane and gnosall lane on the way
28/05/10 (2509) into Stafford. We would also like inspection reports and reports of damage by the public between Full response sent
November 2009 and Jan 31st 2010.
Date requested/ Information
case number released
We are currently writing a report on FOI requests for our Corporate Affairs Overview and Scrutiny Panel. Following
02/06/10 (2472) our last report, Members asked if we are able to obtain any comparative data from a sampling of other county Information not held
councils. The details we are interested in are the number of FOI and EIR requests received and the time spent on
1. Please provide us with a copy of Staffordshire County Council policy and procedures relating to best practice in
child protection which were in place between
1994 and 1996;
2. Please provide us with a copy of Staffordshire County Council procedures for identifying and promoting eligible
02/06/10 (2475) Information not held
cases to submit applications to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board between 1994 and 1996;
3. Please confirm the number of Criminal Injuries Compensation Board [CICB] applications submitted by
Staffordshire County Council on behalf of children in local authority care in relation to an assault committed against
those child applicants between 1990 and 1996, pursuant to its powers and duties under the Children’s Act 1989.
Could you please forward me the full structure charts of your following departments (if possible could you please also
provide names, job titles and direct telephone numbers).
• Planning & Strategy
• Housing & Homelessness
• Support & Care
03/06/10 (2476) Full response sent
• Maintenance & Assets
• Equality & Diversity
• Governance (Corporate, Clinical and Information)
• Legal & HR
1. Minutes of the meeting(s) where the decision to take this matter to public consultation was made.
2. The (then) DfES guidelines on transport consultations to which you refer in your email.
03/06/10 (2483) Full response sent
3. The "interested parties" who were notified directly about the proposals.
4. Financial forecasts/budgets which were used to show the savings indicated in the proposal.
I request a list of all Non-Domestic rate accounts that are currently overpaid or in credit. Please could your office
provide me with an emailed spreadsheet (preferably
in Excel), including the following information;
• Name of Ratepayer
03/06/10 (2485) • Rate Account Number Information not held
• Billing Authority Property Reference
• Address of property concerned
• Amount of overpayment
• Period that the overpayment relates to
The total number of social work posts in your local authority as of 1 June 2010.
The number of vacant social work posts in your local authority as of 1 June 2010.
04/06/10 (2479) Full response sent
The number of these posts filled by permanent full-time equivalent staff as of 1 June 2010.
The number of these posts filled by agency/temporary staff as of 1 June 2010.
I am writing to request, under the Freedom of Information Act, information regarding allegations of child sexual
offences allegedly perpetrated by Priests associated with the Roman Catholic Church reported to your local authority.
Please would you disclose:
1.) How many allegations have been recorded by your Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) regarding
child sexual abuse allegedly perpetrated by Roman Catholic Priests for each year from 2006?
07/06/10 (2484) 2.) How many Priests do these allegations relate to? Full response sent
3.) How many of the allegations relate to Priests who allegedly, a) behaved in a way that has harmed, or may
have harmed, a child, b) possibly committed a criminal offence against children, or related to a child, c) behaved
towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he is unsuitable to work with children
4.) How many of the allegations were designated as “substantiated”, “unsubstantiated”, “unfounded”,
“malicious”, “no further action” or “other.”
1) How many of your employees are simultaneously receiving a pension payout and a salary from your
07/06/10 (2494) organisation?
2) Please provide the names, salary and annual pension payout of the five employees found to be receiving the
1) What weapon(s) was/were found;
2) The age AND sex of the student(s) found in possession of the weapon(s);
3) The date the student(s) was/were found in possession of the weapon(s);
4) The name of the school it was found at, and the school's full address;
08/06/10 (2497) 5) Whether or not the police were contacted, and what action they took; Information not held
6) Whether or not the student(s) were successfully prosecuted, and what the
7) Whether or not the student(s) was/were disciplined by the school and, if so,
what disciplinary measures were taken.
1) The number of trees cut down in the area covered by your council this year, in 2009 and in 2008, with separate
figures for each year. This should include number of trees falling into each species and the oldest age of the tree cut
08/06/10 (2498) Information not held
down for each species.
2) The number of trees planted in 2010, 2009 and 2008 including the same information on the number of trees
08/06/10 (2499) Questionnaire on recruitment - Online, Social networks and newspaper advertising. Information released
1. How many refugees? Where are they from?
2. How many unaccompanied child refugees? Where are they from?
3. What is the budget for refugees - broken down into children and adults - for the past 10 years?
08/06/10 (2500) Full response sent
4. Where are they housed?
5. How many of the children are educated in special needs schools? What is the annual budget for that?
6. How much of the fostering budget is spent on refugees?
1. When did Staffordshire County Council last submit data to the Audit Commission for data matching under the NFI
and what years did they cover?
2. What was the value of duplicate and overpayments to creditors identified and recovered as a result of that data
09/06/10 (2496) Full response sent
3. Has Staffordshire County Council engaged third party profit recovery agencies or undertaken any other internal
audit for recovering overpayments and duplicate payments to its creditors over the last two years?
4. If the answer to 3 is yes, what years' data were covered and what was the value of overpayments and duplicate
payments to creditors identified and recovered? Deadline
1. The number of applications for childrens work permits in each relevant year, broken down by gender and by type of
work, as follows:
a. Newspaper delivery
b. Cafes and restaurants
09/06/10 (2503) Partial release.
2. The number of children work permits issued in each relevant year, broken down
by gender and by type of work, as follows:
a. Newspaper delivery
b. Cafes and restaurants
Between 1 Jan 2006 and 1 Jan 2010 how many employees made compensation claims under health and safety at Partial release.
10/06/10 (2505) work laws and how many monies were paid out. During the same period how many employees made claims for Some information
constructive/unfair dismissel and how many if any monies were paid out. not held
11/06/10 (2508) I would like to know how many children have been forcibly adopted without parental consent) since the November Full response sent
Details of all traffic accidents in the past three years at the Monkey Forest roundabout
11/06/10 (2562) Full response sent
The reason for lowering the speed limit
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you tell me whether, since 1st January 2005, you have introduced
new wording on any "welcome" road signs which
14/06/10 (2506) greet people as they enter your council area. If so, please could you provide me with the wording on the new signs, Full response sent
as well as the wording it replaced. If the signs have changed since !st January 2005, please advise how much it cost
to remove the old signs and install new ones?
14/06/10 (2510) How much has the council spent on enforcing the smoking ban since it came into force. Information not held
14/06/10 (2511) The highest number of parking tickets given out to one person in each of the last three years. Information not held
Can you please send me the following information that relates to Pottal Pool Road, Nr Penkridge for its whole length
between it junction with the A34 & B5012.
*Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on the carriageway from 1st April 2008 to the 31st March 2010
* Details of all carriageway defects identified during safety inspections from 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2010
14/06/10 (2512) Full response sent
* Details of how carriageway safety inspections are undertaken, including whether walked or driven, the speed of the
inspection vehicle and the number of persons in the vehicle.
* The intended frequency of carriageway safety inspections.
* Details of all complaints and/or enquiries relating to the carriageway, received from 1st April 2008 to 31st March
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you tell me whether you have renamed any streets, roads,
14/06/10 (2520) Information not held
avenues etc in your council area since 1st January 2000? If so, could you please tell me the old name, the new one,
In the last year, how much have the Council spent on buffets, tea, coffee, biscuits, sandwiches and other drinks which
15/06/10 (2514) have been offered to guests for free? In the last year, what are the three biggest bills the council has paid to caterers, Information not held
what was the name of event for which the firms catered, and what was the date for these events?
Does your organisation use an EDRM system? If so which system(s) do you use (e.g. SharePoint, Northgate
Information@Work, Idox etc)
Which departments do you use the system in and which do you plan to use the system in in the future?
15/06/10 (2515) Full response sent
Approximately how many records/documents does your organisation hold in paper format that you would eventually
like to be available electronically? A rough estimate of thousands/tens of thousands / hundreds of thousands / more
will be fine.
Please supply the name, e-mail address and phone number of the best placed person in your organisation to discuss
When was the provisional footpath for Biddulph published, when was the draft published, when was the definitive map
15/06/10 (2571) Full response sent
sealed and published?
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to request a list of sub contractors and suppliers working on the Partial release.
Tipping Street site and contact details for these companies. Some information
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would be very grateful if you could provide the following information –
16/06/10 (2519) Full response sent
structure chart of the Senior Management Teams with Job Titles and departments, etc.
Could you provide me with a copy of the 1998 document referred to in your email? (Standards for Child Protection
16/06/10 (2521) Conferences’ from 1998) Full response sent
I would like a map showing the pathways and access throughout the whole of the Boley Park estate please. This is to
16/06/10 (2522) Full response sent
walk from one side of Lichfield to the other through the avenues and streets and lanes, rather than drive or walk on the
Please provide total figures of departmental spend (in GBP) on A4 paper during the year 2009
Please provide total figures of departmental spend (in GBP) on A3 paper during the year 2009
17/06/10 (2516) Information not held
Please advise of any initiatives your department has implemented to cut paper usage in 2009 and 2010 (for example
double-sided printing, paper recycling, etc
Please provide me with the number of recorded staff sickness absence days at each primary school in Stafford from
17/06/10 (2523) Full response sent
the beginning of the academic year 2009/2010 up until today.
I would like to know what companies have contacts with your council to recycle electronic goods, including fridges,
17/06/10 (2524) Full response sent
computers and televisions. I would be grateful if you could tell me which electronic goods each company deals with.
1. How many schools in your area are known to have asbestos present? If there are any, which ones?
2. How many residential buildings, for example care homes or hostels owned by the council are known to have
18/06/10 (2525) Some information
asbestos present? If there are any, which ones?
3. How many council houses in your district are known to have asbestos present?
1. The amounts spent on your corporate credit card each month, since January 2010.
21/06/10 (2526) 2. The number of staff members who are able to use the corporate credit card. Information not held
3. Please provide copies of your corporate credit card statements for each month since January 2010.
Please supply the following information about any lipreading classes that Staffordshire County Council may run
The number of lipreading classes Staffordshire County Council runs
The location of these classes
How many students are currently enrolled in each class?
21/06/10 (2528) How much does a learner have to pay for lipreading classes? Full response sent
Is there a concession fee available? If so, who is eligible for this? How many
learners benefit from these concessions?
Are there any restrictions on how many years someone may attend classes?
Are the classes likely to be withdrawn in the next 12 months?
1. Re: Sir George Graham Balfour & Cooper Perry Schools Project(financial close 1.3.00) please provide a copy of the
contractual dispute provisions inc. separate dispute procedure, if any.
2. Re: the construction (pre-operational) stage:(a) how many disputes were referred under the disputes procedure?
(b) at what stage were they resolved? (e.g. say, x no. disputes resolved by senior representatives, y no. by Request refused
adjudication and z no. by arbitration). exemption applied
3. Separately, please also provide the information requested at 2(a) and (b) re: post construction (i.e. operational)
phase disputes for this project.
4. How many non-PFI capital projects (value £500K+) did the authority enter into,
Under the Freedom of Information Act I am requesting a copy of the engineer's report prepared in May 2008 in relation Information released
to the condition of the Bailey bridges at Statfold Lane Alrewas which has led to the temporary closure of footpath 97. in full
I would like to know how many Asbos your authority has issued each year for the past four years. I would like to know
22/06/10 (2539) Information not held
the age of the person issued with the orders and, if possible, the type of behaviour complained about.
1. Does your council have any regulations governing the distribution of leaflets in public spaces?
2. If the answer is yes, please specify the exact nature of the regulation (eg, that leafleting is banned; or that only non-
commercial leaflets are allowed; or that people must gain a licence for leafleting).
22/06/10 (2540) 3. If there is a licence for leafleting, please specify the cost of the licence, and the number of licence holders. Full response sent
4. Please also state if there is a penalty associated with non-compliance with these leafleting regulations. If so, please
give details of the penalty; and the number of such penalties that have been issued, and the issuing officer (eg, police
officer, member of council staff).
I would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I should stress I am not seeking the
identification of any particular claimant(s) or council employees.
Could you please quote the reference 'Housing1' in the subject line of any emails
1. During the financial year 09/10, how many families received housing benefit from your council of over £2,000 a
23/06/10 (2529) Information not held
2. In cases of the claimant receiving over, £2,000 a week - for how long have they been receiving housing benefit in
total? For each case please give: number of people and size of house.
Under the provisions of the 2000 Freedom Of Information Act, I formally details of the producer compliance scheme
which removes Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) from all civic amenity sites within your council or
23/06/10 (2530) I also request details of contract rates paid for the recycling of the following specific items: Full response sent
-Cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors
I am aware that the council may not always be directly involved in transactions between compliance schemes and
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you provide me with a list of all the flags flown from your main
council building (Town/City/County Hall) within the last 12 months, from today.
23/06/10 (2532) If it is not self-explanatory (your council's own flag, for instance), please could you provide the reason for flying the flag Full response sent
on that date.
If such a document exists, please could you provide me with a copy of your authority's guidelines for the flying of flags
Under the general requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would be grateful if you would provide the
following information in relation to Akesmore Lane, Biddulph ?Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on the
carriageway in the two years preceding the February, 2010 ?Details of all carriageway defects identified during safety
inspections in the two years preceding February, 2010? Details of how carriageway safety inspections are undertaken, Information released
including whether walked or driven, the speed of the inspection vehicle and the number of persons in the vehicle? The in full
intended frequency of carriageway safety inspections. ?Details of all complaints and/or enquiries relating to the
carriageway, received in the two years preceding February, 2010. ?The hierarchy classification. ?The road/section
number? The defect intervention criteria adopted in relation to the identification of all categories of carriageway
Elderly People w/Dementia placed in Nursing Homes in Staffs by Staffs S.S.I am interested Elderly People w/no
proprty,savings,who contribute all but approx.£25.00 from their pensions, the bal. of funding provided by Staffs S.S.
With no third party able to add any "top up".How many of these Elderly People have requested a move to a similar
Nursing Home in Scotland, and it has been granted and activated using the "Cross Border Placement" Mechanism and
25/06/10 (2538) Full response sent
Staffs S.S."discretionary" powers to fund all extra costs, no third party "top up" is available.Staffs S.S.assisted by a
Scottish Local Authority,has entered into the contracts on the Elderly Persons behalf,fully meeting all terms and
conditions the Scottish Local Authority may stipulate. Thereby paying "more than the standard or usual rate and/or
costs that would be the case within Staffs".OR have some"Cross Border Placements" had a "third party contributor to
1) The current cost of providing of providing return transport per child per year by each type of transport (i.e. Bus,
Private taxi), as well as the total costs and total number of young people using each service.
27/06/10 (2560) Full response sent
2) The total expenditure on each transport service
3) The total number of children using each service.
I require only details of actions from November 1 2009 onwards which have been made without the involvement of the
police. From last November onwards, local authorities have been able to exercise powers under the Act using their
own Accredited Financial Investigators. Where these powers have been used, can you tell me:
28/06/10 (2541) Full response sent
The date the action was made
The offence committed which precipitated the action - eg council tax fraud/arrears, benefit fraud etc, unpayed fines etc
The nature of the action - eg money seized, homes searched, bank accounts frozen, property confiscated
The amount of money seized or the nature of the property confiscated
1) Please supply information relating to the incidence of attempts by care providers to evict residents in care homes -
that is, care providers giving residents notice to leave or otherwise attempting to get them to leave without their
involvement in the decision or against their wishes.
Please indicate the number of cases you are aware of for the last 3 years, also indicating if and how your council
28/06/10 (2551) Full response sent
responded to the situation, and what was the ultimate result of the sitaution, i.e. if and how the situation was resolved.
2) Please provide me with the number of instances your council is aware of where either CQC or local authority
safeguarding procedures have substantiated allegations of insitutional abuse of a Leonard Cheshire social care
service user over the past 3 years.
Could you tell me of all the new contracts which have been awarded by the county council to contractors and suppliers Informaition in the
from april 1st 2010 up until 29th june 2010 and the names of those companies please? public domain
The toal amount spent by the authority on enforcing the smoking ban up to the date of this request; including salaries,
equipment, publicity etc.
29/06/10 (2545) Information not held
The number of fines, penalties and prosecutions resulting from council enforcement of the smoking ban.
If enforcement is handled by staff members whose roles predate the smoking ban, please indicate this in your
For each year, since the year 2000, how many CP referrals were made to your local area? Please indicate what area
29/06/10 (2546) For each of those years, how many of those referrals were made by dentists? Full response sent
If this information is not available for each year since 2000, could you please provide information for the years that you
Has there ever been any investigation of software installed to search for inappropriate images or documents of council
30/06/10 (2547) Full response sent
Date Information requested
case number released
I made an FOI request last year, your ref. 1731, concerning the four street lamps controversially erected in
Draycott in the Clay. I asked how much these had cost and you replied that the parish council was
supposed to pay £1,500 but had not been invoiced yet.
01/07/10 (2556) Full response sent
1. Please could I ask whether the council has been invoiced now?
2. And if so, when?
3. Can you provide a copy of the same?
4. If the parish council has not been invoiced two years after the work, why on earth not?
I am interested in the rates that are charged to 3rd parties (such as clubs) for the hire/lease etc of
swimming pool facilities in the last two complete financial years and this year.
Please give a break down of what those charges are for for each facility managed in your area i.e pool
hire, life guard support, cleaning etc.by type of organisation/3rd party.
01/07/10 (2557) Information not held
Also could you specifically state whether these charges are :
•Session based or hourly based
•Any discounts applied
•Reasoning behind the charges
•Reasoning for any increase in charges
1. how many households are there within the county?
2. how many people are there within the county?
3. who is the ceo of the county council
4. what is the ceo's salary?
5. what (if any) are the ceo's expenses
6. does the ceo have any other perks?
05/07/10 (2553) 7. how many days and hours per week does the ceo work 8. what is the ceo's job Full response sent
9. how many county councillors are there?
10. what are their salaries?
11. what are their expenses?
12. do they have any other perks?
13. how many days and hours a week do the councillors spend being councillors?
14. what other professions/trades/jobs do the councillors hold?
1. How many private investigators did the authority hire in each of the last three financial years to
conduct investigations into alleged disciplinary and professional misconduct breaches by staff?
2. What was the total spend on private investigators by the authority in each of the last three financial
05/07/10 (2558) Full response sent
3. How much did the authority spend on severance payments and out of court settlements with staff
who had been investigated for misconduct in each of the last three financial years?
Please could your response be broken down by financial year 07/08, 08/09 and 09/10.
Adult Services - Learning Disabilities, Preferred Provider List Please can you send me the list above, or
05/07/10 (2619) Full response sent
equivalent (ie Framework Agreement for adult learning disabilities)
1. A list of all awards applied for by your authority since January 2009, indicating which of the awards
2. A breakdown of the full awards list, by department.
Partial response sent.
05/07/10 (2620) 3. A breakdown of all costs for award applications since January 2009 (i.e. entry fees, printing, production,
any other related costs)
4. A breakdown of all costs for receiving/attending awards (i.e. travel, meals, accommodation, staff
drinks/partes, any other related costs)
Does the Council publish a list of its D36 (Out of Active Service Use)properties and if so where can it be
06/07/10 (2559) found through the Council's web site? Who manages the security of these properties in the Council and Full response sent
how much was spent on physical security on these properties last year?
I request the following information about the above residential special school:
1. The tenure of the school property
a. if the property owned or rented
b. if rented, from whom the property is leased
2. The nature of the building – if it is purpose built or adapted/converted from another use
3. The size/capacity of the property,
a. number of classrooms
b. number of bedrooms
c. number of boarders (current and full capacity)
d. building floorspace (sq m)
e. total area of site (building and land) (sq m)
4. The fees charged to residents (full-time board) (£/year)
06/07/10 (2617) 5. Of the total fees, Full response sent
a. the amount attributed to land and property costs (£/year)
b. the amount attributed to property repair/maintenance (£/year)
6. If rented, the annual rental cost of the land and property (£/year)
7. If owned,
a. how the capital cost of the land and property is reflected on an annual basis (£/year)
b. what rate (%) is adopted as a return on capital
c. how regularly the capital cost of the land and property is revalued
8. Annual financial expenditure according to the categories used for Consistent Financial Reporting (CFR
a. E12 (Building maintenance and improvement)
b. E13 (Grounds maintenance and improvement)
c. E18 (Other occupation costs)
d. CE01 (Acquisition of land & existing buildings)
e. CE02 (New construction conversion & renovation)
1) Do you keep a record of which organisations contracted to run services on
behalf of the council are religious in nature?
(Defined as organisations which engage in:
• practising a religion or belief
• advancing a religion or belief
• teaching the practice or principles of a religion or belief
07/07/10 (2567) • enabling persons of a religion or belief to receive any benefit, or to engage in Information not held
any activity within the framework of a religion or belief
• improving relations, or maintain good relations, between persons of different
religions or beliefs)
• any activity within the framework of a religion or belief)
2) For the last financial year, please provide a list of organisations, contracts and
contract values for (i) religious and (ii) other contractors.
I am requesting hard copies of any promotional material used to promote your children’s social care
complaints procedure, as described above. I can appreciate you only have a duty to send me a web-link to
electronic leaflets/forms that might be located on your website but would ask that you send me hard copies
in the post instead. This is because part of my research necessitates that I provide analysis on how young
07/07/10 (2580) Full response sent
people digest the information before them prior to making a social care complaint. I feel the task at hand
will be much easier to achieve if the promotional materials were in front of the young people who have
agreed to participate in this piece of research, which I trust you can understand.
Please would you provide me with responses to the following queries: 1. How many cheques were issued
in total (including both to individuals and to organisations) by Staffordshire county council between the
08/07/10 (2564) dates of the 1st April 2009 and the 31st March 2010? 2. How many cheques were received in total Full response sent
(including both from individuals and from organisations) by Staffordshire county council between the dates
of the 1st April 2009 and the 31st March 2010?
The number of teachers, teaching assistants or other school staff who have been subject to allegations in
the last year by pupils or parents of pupils. Please provide a breakdown by the staff member's occupation.
The nature of each allegation. If this would identify individuals then please just provide a brief outline of the
case, or the category of the nature of the allegation, e.g. assault.
08/07/10 (2565) Full response sent
The outcome of each allegation; charges dropped, teacher acquitted, staff member dismissed, staff
member convicted. Please also detail how many of these cases have been described as involving 'false
Please provide the following information on green ICT in your local council or authority. 1. Your green ICT
policy and/or strategy.
2. Council data for the following for the latest complete year:
• The total number of PCs………….
• The number of energy efficient PCs………….
08/07/10 (2581) • The number of thin client PCs…………. Full response sent
• The number of physical servers………….
• The number of virtual servers………….
• The number of users………….
• The number of local printers………….
• The number of central printers………….
• The number of printed pages………….
1. How many ‘celebrities’ i.e. known personalities in the public eye including soap stars, has the council
hired for all events and to hand out awards at ceremonies between 2005 and 2010?
2. What were the names of the celebrities the council hired between 2005 and 2010?
09/07/10 (2568) Full response sent
3. What were the names of the events and award ceremonies the council hired these celebrities for
between 2005 and 2010?
4. What was the total cost to the council to hire the celebrities in terms of their fee and any extras for such
events and awards ceremonies between 2005 and 2010
1. The number of vehicles caught breaking the speed limit on the A500 from April 2010 to date.
2. The number of penalty notices issued to speeding drivers on the A500 from April 2010 to date.
09/07/10 (2569) Full response sent
3. A breakdown, by camera, of all speeding offences observed in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire from
1st January 2010 to date.
Under the Freedom of Information Act could you please tell us how much salary the Adult Protection
09/07/10 (2616) Full response sent
Coordinator is receiving per year.
1 What is the name & title of the Director responsible for IT?
2 What is the name & title of the person responsible for Strategic IT Planning?
3 What is the name & title of the person responsible for Green Issues?
12/07/10 (2573) Full response sent
4 With recent government announcements regarding local government spending, what percentage of
financial savings is likely to be necessary within IT in 2010/2011?
What is this value in monetary terms?
5 How many machine rooms / datacentres do you operate?
1. How many disciplinary cases were there against teaching staff in each of the last three financial years?
2. How many teachers were dismissed for disciplinary breaches in each of the last three financial years?
12/07/10 (2574) 3. How many teachers were suspended in each of the last three financial years? Full response sent
4. How many of the suspended staff were returned to their posts?
1) The amount spent by Staffordshire council on the installation of public-facing CCTV cameras and the
purchase or lease of recording equipment and premises in the financial years:
a) April 1st 2009 – March 31st 2010
b) April 1st 2008 – March 31st 2009
c) April 1st 2007 – March 31st 2008
12/07/10 (2582) Information not held
If any of this spend was provided by a central Government grant or PFI, please make clear how much of
the total cost was provided.
2) The annual cost of Staffordshire council’s public-facing CCTV operation and maintenance in the
a) April 1st 2009 – March 31st 2010
12/07/10 (2596) Information relating to section of road between Froghall Road Ipstones and Froghall. Full response sent
Can you please provide the following documantation for station Road Barton Under needwood please (For
the previous 12 months) ;
13/07/10 (2576) Information not held
1 - Any Risk assesments or inspection reports for station road regarding Parking and Obstruction.
2 - Any documents held under Section 130 of the Highways Act 1980
Please can you provide me with a list of Communications/media officer posts at your local authority, and
13/07/10 (2586) the gradings and the salaries attached to each? Full response sent
In addition, please can you supply me with job descriptions for each?
1. The number of young people that the authority's Children's Services Department has worked with
because of involvement in gang activity, youth violence and anti-social behaviour for the past three years
2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10 and at present. Please provide a breakdown of the ages of the individuals by
the following categories: under 12, 12 to 14, 14 to 16, 16 to 18, and 18+.
Partial response sent.
14/07/10 (2578) 2. The number of young people who have been re-housed because of involvement in gang activity, youth Some information not
violence and anti-social behaviour for the last three years 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10 and within the current held
year. Please provide a breakdown of the ages of the individuals by the following categories: under 12, 12 to
14, 14 to 16, 16 to 18 and 18+.
3. The number of people who are on the authority's Youth Offending Team
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you tell me whether, since 1st January 2007, your
council has paid for any "celebrities", such as television personalities, actors, "celebrity chefs",
newsreaders, musicians, sports stars, authors etc, to carry out any PR work for the authority - such as
appearing at council- backed events, handing out awards, giving presentations to staff etc etc.
14/07/10 (2584) Full response sent
If so, please can you specify the "celebrity", the nature of the event and the cost to the council.
If some of the costs were met through sponsorship or other private sources of funding, please indicate the
1. Please disclose the top ten highest amounts of rent/housing benefit that your council is currently paying
to a household per month.
2. In each case, disclose how long the council has been paying this amount. Please give the date or month
the council has been paying the rent from.
14/07/10 (2588) Information not held
3. Please disclose the top ten highest amounts of rent/housing benefit your council has paid to a household
in the past 12 months.
4. In each case, please disclose how long the council has been paying this amount. Please give the date
or month the council has been paying the rent from.
I would like to request information about the number of teachers involved in capability procedures in your
Could I have the number of teachers involved in capability proceedings for every year, since 2000, broken
down by each year.
Could I also have the reason for the capability proceeding and what kind of school the teacher worked in.
14/07/10 (2589) Can I also have information on how long the capability proceedings lasted, and what was the eventual Full response sent
Can I also have the total amount paid out in redundancy or other severance payments to those teachers
involved in capability proceedings.
Can I also have details about the age, or experience (in years) of teachers involved in capability
Please could you provide the cost of the following services. The attached document provides detail of the
definition of cost, and the definition of the services requested (cost of the service excludes recharges out
and capital charges).
a) Purchase Ledger
b) Sales Ledger
15/07/10 (2591) Full response sent
f) Human Resources
h) Estates Management
1. What was the sum total that the council paid out in claims for compensation following personal injury in
the following years:
c) 2009-10? (N.B. This covers payouts in these years, even if the incidents happened
in previous years.)
19/07/10 (2594) 2. How many individual claims did the total comprise in each year? Full response sent
3. How much did the council pay in legal fees for both successful and unsuccessful defences in each
4. How many claims were unsuccessful (i.e. the council did not pay out) in each
5. For 2009-10, for all payouts over £2,000, please list the individual sums paid out and what the claim
was for (e.g. 'falling off a ladder in a school - £4,000' or 'tripping up during sports day - £2,450').
1. Road maintenance schedules for Kinver Lane covering the period from 1 January 2008 to 31 March
2. Details of the actions required under those schedules.
3. Details of changes to the schedules and actions required.
4. Internal and external correspondence relating to the schedules, to include correspondence with the
19/07/10 (2595) 5. Details of governance arrangements relating to road maintenance procedures. Full response sent
6. Details of any quality assurance, quality monitoring or management assurance processes in place to
ensure the governance arrangements are followed.
7. The number of claims made against the Council during the period from 1 January 2008 to 31 March
8. The number of those claims where liability was accepted and the number where it was denied.
9. Copies of internal correspondence relating to my claim.
Please could I have the figures for the last financial year of the costs of home-to-school transport
across the county. I would like:
1) The current cost of providing of providing return transport per child per year by each type of transport
19/07/10 (2599) Full response sent
(i.e. Bus, Private taxi), (Not combined as 'contracts'!) as well as the total costs and total number of young
people using each service.
2) The total expenditure on each transport service (Not combined as 'contracts'!)
3) The total number of children using each service. (Not combined as 'contracts'!)
What reablement services does the council offer within adult social care?
19/07/10 (2603) What the respective charges for each type of service are? Full response sent
Is the provision of reablement care ‘time limited’? If so, what is the limit?
Please can you provide me with the following information under the Freedom Of Information Act 2000:-
20/07/10 (2597) (a) address, size and rates payable of all empty commercial properties with a current rates payable of Information not held
£18,000 and above that are within Staffordshire County Council area; and
(b) the names and addresses of the owners of the properties referred to in (a)
Please can you quantify your Council's
Basic Fostering Allowances
20/07/10 (2600) Full response sent
Allowances for School Uniform, Initial Clothing, Holidays, Christmas and Birthdays
Foster Parents' Pay rates
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I'd like to know the number of school days lost to term time holidays
in schools within your jurisdiction in the last full academic year for which figures are obtainable.
20/07/10 (2601) If possible, provide a breakdown of the number of children who were absent during term time because of Partial Response Sent
a holiday, and the total number of days lost.
1. Planning application number / Reference searchable on planning website
2. Address/location of development site
3. Type of development, e.g. residential, retail park, industrial estate
4. Number of units e.g. "20 apartments & 10 detached houses"
20/07/10 (2618) Full response sent
5. Name of developer
6. Email address of developer
7. Telephone number of developer
8. Date of s.38 agreement
1) A list of every job title and the number of people doing the job, broken down by department at the
21/07/10 (2602) council as of July 21 2010 Full response sent
2) As above but as of July 2009
General – number of complaints and investigations
1. How many complaints have been received by your Trading Standards department about retailers in the
two years to 30th June 2010?
2. How many investigations were opened as a result of these complaints made to your Trading Standards
21/07/10 (2605) department? Full response sent
3. Of the complaints referred to in Q1, what percentage were about pricing practices, pricing policy or
promotion of sales or special offers?
4. How many investigations were opened as a result of these complaints made to your Trading Standards
department about pricing practices, pricing policy or promotion of sales or special offers?
Would you please provide the annual expenditure for the last financial year (2009-2010) for: -
- external agencies Partial response.
and the projects they worked on. Exemption applied
Also please provide the figure for pensions (percentage and GBPs) for the same year for Staffs County
1 – A breakdown of the number of council staff paid more than £50,000 a year in 2007/08, 2008/09 and
2 – The number of staff earning more than £75,000 a year in 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10
22/07/10 (2631) 3 – The number of staff earning more than £100,000 a year in 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10. Full response sent
4 – The number of staff earning more than £150,000 a year in 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10.
5 – The total staff payroll bill for the council in 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10.
6 – The total payroll bill for staff earning more than £50,000 a year in 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10.
1 – How many times has the council used the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 during
2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10, and can I please have a brief explanation of what it was used for?
2 – Has the council used social profiling techniques as part of its investigatory work at any time in the last
22/07/10 (2632) Full response sent
three years, and if so when and for what reason(s)?
3 – Has the council focused on household waste/recycling bins as part of its RIPA or social profiling
activities, and if so, when and for what reasons(s)?
1) Please provide a list of:
(a) all sites where average speed cameras were installed in the last financial year (2009-10)
(b) how long each site was in operation for – eg roadworks for two months or permanent fixed.
2) (a) On how many of these sites were the average speed cameras not activated at all or dummy
23/07/10 (2609) Full response sent
cameras were installed only?
(b) On how many of these sites were the average speed cameras operational for less than 50 percent of
the time that they were installed for?
3) (a) How many tickets from average speed camera sites were issued in total in 2009-10?
23/07/10 (2615) Information relating to the resurfacing of Woollaston Road Church Eaton. Full response sent
1) Do you use an RAS method for calculating personal budgets like or similar to that recommended by
ADASS. Yes or no 2) If you use a different method is it based on
the FACE system 3) If you use neither the ADASS recommended RAS system or the FACE system,how
do you calculate them 4)Do you use a self assessment questionnaire in calculating indicative personal
27/07/10 (2613) budgets 5) If you use a self assessment approach, do you use a common form for all client groups or Full response sent
separate forms for the elderly, learning disabilities etc. 6) Have you or do you intend to operate a strategy
for equalizing the cost of packages between different client groups so as to avoid the possibility of
discrimination against the elderly ( see second bullet point on page 16 and the first key issue on page 15 of
the adass guidance)
27/07/10 (2627) Please can I have a copy of the organisational structure of the children’s social care services Full response sent
1. The number of knife enabled offences for the years 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10 and the year to date
including a breakdown by age of the offenders.
27/07/10 (2636) 2. The number of the offences which were gang related, including a breakdown by age of the offender. Full response sent
3. The number of the offences which took place on a school premises, including a breakdown by age of
I am asking if you would be able to provide me with details of your charges for the above services for the
27/07/10 (2656) current year and those proposed for 2011/12. I am interested to see if there are any significant differences Full response sent
between the current and proposed rates for our two counties.
1) Could you confirm that it is the practice of the council not to do continue with assessing a NQT who has
resigned during his/her induction period, before the assessment has taken place
(they will simply let him/her go and restart his/her induction somewhere elses?
28/07/10 (2550) Full response sent
2) Could you explain why this loophole exist (it seams to me that it gives NQT as much trial as their need it
to find a school that will simply help them into satifying the standards?
Please tell me in which cases your council charges people to make payments by credit card or by debit
card. These could include but are not limited to payment of
a) council tax
b) parking tickets
28/07/10 (2635) Information not held
c) dog fouling and street litter fines
d) housing rent
Where applicable, please state which card types incur a charge, and also please tell us how much these
charges would be - either stated as a percentage or as a flat fee.
Please give number of schools eligible for school library services / the number of schools receiving the
school library service
28/07/10 (2688) Please give estimated number of pupils supported. Full response sent
Please can you give an estimate for how many resource items you have – if you loan by box than please
estimate using average number of items per box.
In the 2009/10 financial year how many unborn children were the subject of a child protection conference
or placed on a child protection register?
30/07/10 (2621) Full response sent
In the 2009/10 financial year how many babies were made the subject of any type of care order where the
Local Authority had full or shared parental responsibility for the baby, within its first eight weeks of life.
The total cost, for each of the last five years, of:
Your Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education (SACRE), including but not limited to expenditure
30/07/10 (2622) Full response sent
servicing of SACRE meetings
engaging consultants and independent advisors
publishing the SACRE’s Annual Report
The number of complaints about private landlords you have received from tenants in the each of the past
five years – from 2005 to 2010
30/07/10 (2628) Information not held
The number prosecutions you have brought against private landlords in the same period
Of those, the number that resulted in a successful prosecution
Total cost of the recent repairs to all of the footpaths on the Westbury Park estate in Clayton, Newcastle.
30/07/10 (2648) Full response sent
Date requested/ Information requested Information
02/08/10 (2630) The total annual gross budget (2009/2010) for the following areas: Libraries Museums Archives Full response sent
What is your current eligibility threshold under the Fair Access to Care Services guidance?
02/08/10 (2667) Full response sent
Have you any plans to change this eligibility band during the 2010-11 financial year and if so to what?
Have you any plans to change this eligibility band during the 2011-12 financial year and if so to what?
a) The number of Political Advisors employed by the council (see appendix 1).
02/08/10 (2698) Full response sent
b) The total annual cost of Political Advisors in 2009-10. This should include, but is not restricted to,
salaries, expenses, pensions, travel costs and other remuneration.
a) The number of Political Advisors employed by the council (see appendix 1).
b) The total annual cost of Political Advisors in 2009-10. This should include, but is not restricted to,
salaries, expenses, pensions, travel costs and other remuneration
a) The number of European Officers employed by the council (see appendix 2).
b) The total annual cost of European Officers in 2009-10. This should include, but is not restricted to,
salaries, expenses, pensions, travel costs and other remuneration.
02/08/10 (2698) a) The number of Diversity Officers employed by the council (see appendix 3). Full response sent
b) The total annual cost of Diversity Officers in 2009-10. This should include, but is not restricted to,
salaries, expenses, pensions, travel costs and other remuneration.
a) The number of staff with the terms “climate change” or “global warming” in their job title or job description.
b) The job titles and job descriptions for each staff member included under question 4 a).
c) The total cost of staff with “climate change” or “global warming” in their job title or job description. This
should include, but is not restricted to, salaries, expenses, pensions, travel costs and other remuneration.
How many residential placements for adults with care and support needs was your council funding in other
local authority area as of 31 July 2010?
How many of these were:-
• Adults aged 18-64 with learning disabilities
04/08/10 (2642) • Adults aged 18-64 with mental health problems Full response sent
• Adults aged 18-64 with physical disabilities
• Adults aged 18-64 with autism
• Older people
I request to have, maintenance information for Clays Lane in Burton-on-Trent. I would like to know how
regular you maintane this road and when were the last two times this road maintained and the condition of
the road at the time of inspection.
04/08/10 (2684) Also a large number of roads had an impact due to the long winter which ran through the 1st quater of this Full response sent
year, what were the policies in place regarding this road to ensure that thre is no impact on the Health and
Saftey of the local resident and commuters and what steps did you take in acting upon the polices set (I
would like to know the dates)
1. Has your council switched off streetlights at night to save energy or reduce emissions? If so when did
you switch them off?
2. Has your council any plans or proposals to switch off streetlights at night to save energy and reduce
emissions? If so when will they be switched off?
05/08/10 (2639) Full response sent
3. If yes to either questions 1 or 2, what proportion of street lights are you switching off/planning to switch
off at night?
4. Where is the switch off taking place?
5. Please send any council documents detailing the switch off.
1) How much did the council spend on street cleansing in the last year (April 2008 - March 2009)?
2) Was this an increase or decrease on the previous year? (Please state figures).
05/08/10 (2643) Information not held
3) How many fixed penalty notices were issued by the council to people dropping litter in the last year (April
2008 - March 2009)?
The number of forced adoptions, ie - children adopted against their parents' will on welfare grounds, carried
06/08/10 (2644) Full response sent
out by the council in the last five years.
How many employees does the authority/department have?
How many company vehicles (cars and vans) does the authority/department operate?
How many cars and the how many vans do you operate?
How many at-fault accidents have employees had in your vehicles for each of the past three years?
What is the annual CO2 emissions from your fleet and then the average CO2 emissions per car (CO2
09/08/10 (2645) Full response sent
Is there a CO2 emissions cap on your cars – if so what is it (g/km)?
How many employees use their own vehicles for work purposes (this can be calculated by those who claim
for mileage payments on expenses)?
How many miles have been claimed annually by these ‘grey fleet’ drivers over the past three years?
What has been the annual cost of these grey fleet repayment claims for each of the past three years?
Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on Dunwood Lane, Endon ST9 in the last two years . Details of
all carriageway defects identified during safety inspections in the last two years . Details of how carriageway
safety inspections are undertaken, including whether walked or driven, the speed of the inspection vehicle
and the number of persons in the vehicle. . The intended frequency of carriageway safety inspections. .
09/08/10 (2649) Full response sent
Details of all complaints and/or enquiries relating to the carriageway, received in the last two years . The
defect intervention criteria adopted in relation to the identification of all categories of carriageway potholes .
The time period(s) adopted between identification and repair (temporary and permanent) of all categories of
carriageway defects. . Whether or not the authority has formally adopted all or part of the standards
contained within the national code of practice for highways maintenance management.
I would be grateful if you could let me know, as a percentage, how many of your Primary schools received a
10/08/10 (2646) Partial release. Exemption a
‘Good’ or an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted result for the years 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.
I am writing to find out how many schools in your area serve Halal prepared Meat.
This would be cases of institutions where all meat is Halal (meaning children eating meat do not have a
10/08/10 (2650) choice.) Full response sent
If you have any questions regarding my request please feel free to contact me on the below details.
Age at retirement, Length of service, Amount of lump sum, amount of monthly pension - regards the dozen
10/08/10 (2661) Information withheld. Exem
(approx) teachers that retired from Belgrave High School last month
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act to ask for the following information:
I would like some specific details of the council's expenditure on contracting celebrities to make personal
appearances, or to participate in any events or
11/08/10 (2660) Full response sent
Please disclose under the FOI Act:
- how many celebrities have been paid by the entire council (including its districts) in their professional
capacity, in the last two years since July 2008.
-the total amount paid to celebrities in their professional capacity by the council since July 2008
- please provide me with the names of each of these celebrities and the reason for the payment.
Approximately how much does it cost to run the Council's ERP/Finance system each year please, and
12/08/10 (2657) Full response sent
roughly how many people are required to do this?
In the last year, how many requests for information under The Freedom of Information Act(FoI) has the
In the last year, how many of those FoI requests were answered within the statutory time limit of 20 days?
12/08/10 (2662) Information not held
In the last year, how many FoI requests were answered after the statutory time limit of 20 days?
In the last year how many FoI requests were not answered at all?
In the last year, when the authority has not processed a request under FoI has the authority contacted each
applicant to say the request would not be answered?
1. Please could you tell me, to whom does the responsibility fall to provide children's play areas? Is it the
county council, borough council, parish council, or a mixture of all?
2. Where there is a responsibility for the same, are there any rules or guidelines as to when and where
13/08/10 (2663) these parks are provided and what facilities they should contain? If so, what are they? Information not held
3. For example, is there a rule that a park should be provided for every x number of children in the area?
4. Can this be taken further to say that there should be a slide for every x number of children, a swing for
every y number of children, a roundabout for every z number of children, etc.?
1. Does your organisation use a Managed Service Provider to engage the services of Recruitment
Agencies and/or Temporary Workers? If so, please respond to queries 2 – 8 below. If not, please respond
to queries 9 – 12 below.
Managed Service Provider Used:
2. What is the name of the organisation engaged to provide this service?
3. What process was used to procure these services (Open Tender, OJEU Tender Notice, Online
13/08/10 (2665) Procurement tools etc)? Information not held
4. What was the start date of the contract?
5. What is the duration of the contract?
6. What is the end date of the contract?
7. Is there an option to extend the duration of the contract (if so for what period)?
8. What is the annual spend on recruitment services through the contract? (If annual figures are not
available please provide the most relevant data available).
In order to carry out our research, we would be most grateful if you could provide us with the following data
for each school within your LA. We would like to obtain these data for as many years as possible, but do not
require information relating to periods prior to the introduction of a Common Application Form for
Community, Voluntary- aided, Foundation and Voluntary-Controlled schools.
17/08/10 (2673) The following items describe the data we require:- Full response sent
Planned Admissions Number (PAN) to the school
Number of applications to the school, broken down by within-LA and outside-LA applicants where possible:
Number of applicants stating the school as their 1st preference, 2nd preference, 3rd
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please can you tell me whether your council has undergone a
"rebranding" exercise since 1st January, 2007?
If so, please provide the costs and a brief summary of the exercise.
Did the exercise involve the introduction of a phrase or slogan to describe or promote your council area? If
18/08/10 (2668) Full response sent
so, please provide it.
Did the new phrase or slogan replace a previous one? If so, please also provide this.
If the exercise involved an external consultancy company, please indicate, identify it and state how much
the company was paid.
I am an independent researcher carrying out a study on public sector broadband spending and procurement
patterns across the UK. I would be happy to forward you a copy of my findings. Please e-mail me at the
address below should you require a copy.
Please could you provide me with the following information regarding your IT network services provision?
18/08/10 (2674) Full response sent
• Who is the incumbent WAN provider?
• What services do they provide?
• To how many end sites do they provide broadband connectivity?
Provide, name, address and telephone number for the following people:
• Senior Information Risk Owner
• Governance Manager
• Information Security Officer/Manager
• Information Technology Security Officer/Manager
18/08/10 (2676) • Caldecott Guardian Full response sent
Does your organisation process electronic payment cards?
How much money is processed from electronic payment cards per annum?
How many electronic payment card transactions are processed per annum?
For each area of funding (grant or contract) please provide me with the following information:
1. Name of funding pot
2. Total amount to be cut from this funding pot
3. Was an equality impact assessment conducted? Please provide evidence.
4. Was the Compact considered and applied when making decisions about the cuts? Please provide
18/08/10 (2683) Full response sent
5. Were the VCS organisations facing cuts given the opportunity to offer alternative proposals? Please
Section 2: Unconfirmed cuts
Please provide details of the cuts you anticipate being announced in due course
Under the general requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would be grateful if you would
provide the following information in relation to Broadhurst Green Road, Cannock, in particular the section
between Stafford Road and Broadhurst Green:
19/08/10 (2669) Full response sent
◦Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on the carriageway in the two years preceding 18/08/2010
◦Details of all carriageway defects identified during safety inspections in the two years preceding
1...During the aforementioned period has the organisation issued guidance and or
advice and or instructions to staff which relates to the use of verbal and or written
language when they communicate with their colleagues and or members of the
public and or clients and or other stake-holders. This guidance will include but will
not be limited to guidance about which terms could be considered offensive on the
grounds of gender, sexuality, age, religion and race. Can the organisation please
provide a copy of this guidance. Please do include any guidance which has been
20/08/10 (2670) produced prior to this period if it is still being issued to new and or existing Full response sent
2....During the aforementioned period has the organisation advised employees not
to use certain words and or phrases when communicating with each other and or
clients and or members of the public and or other stake-holders. This advice may
have been issued for fear of causing offence on the grounds of sex, gender, race,
1. How much has been paid to West Midlands Police in policing costs for public
events held within the council’s region for the years 2010-09, 2009-8 and 2008-7.
20/08/10 (2672) Full response sent
2. Can you give a breakdown of events and the individual policing costs for these
events for the years 2010-09, 2009-8 and 2008-7.
1. Can you give a breakdown of the annual budget for maintenance costs of the main council headquarters
for the years 2010-9, 2009-8 and 2008-7?
2. Can you provide specific examples of the both reactive and non-reactive works (ie. planned and non-
20/08/10 (2677) planned) with individual costs, which took place at the main council headquarters for the years 2010-9, 2009- Full response sent
8 and 2008-7?
3. Can you provide details of any amounts of money spent above the annual maintenance budgets for the
main council headquarters for the years 2010-9, 2009- 8 and 2008-7?
Could you please provide me with details of your authority's personal injury claim pay-outs from the
previous five financial years.
Please include an annual total and a breakdown including any brief particulars of the claim and claimant.
23/08/10 (2671) Full response sent
Where possible, if the information is held by your authority, include a breakdown of how much money was
paid to the claimant and how much was paid to their legal
If this request is too broad and exceeds reasonable cost allowance, please scale back the timescale
23/08/10 (2679) Request for information on dog control orders under the Clean Neighbourhood Act 2005. Information not held
1) The total amount paid to charities, advocacy groups and think-tanks aiming to improve the protection
of the natural environment, reduce greenhouse gas emissions in order to limit climate change or otherwise
address environmental issues in the financial year 2009-10. This should include, but is not limited to, all of
23/08/10 (2681) Full response sent
the groups listed in the Appendix to this request.
2) A breakdown of the amount given in answer to question 1) by recipient organisation
I would like to know how many Staff are employed by the Council? (Your web-page "Human Resources"
mentions 30,000 plus but this page was last modified in 2005).Total head-count rather than FTE's please
23/08/10 (2700) Full response sent
and the information should be less than 6 months old if possible. I would like to receive this information by
1. What does your emergency duty service cost for children & adult services?
2. Is it split between children and adult services?
3. Is it managed separately?
4. Does the AM Health partnership contribute?
5. What is your overall population?
6. What is your child population?
24/08/10 (2682) Full response sent
7. How many workers do you have?
8. What enhancements do your workers receive?
9. Is there a manager?
10. How many call outs do you have in a year? (Split between children and adult
11. How many telephone calls do you receive?
I would like to request the senior management structure charts for the following council
24/08/10 (2687) Full response sent
Children, Families and Education Services
Adult Social Care and Health
Without naming any particular person, across the board generally, are there any social workers employed
26/08/10 (2689) by Staffordshire County Council who are trained and have knowledge and expertise in the field of Asperger Full response sent
Please provide the number of occasions that the A525 road from Keele Road (Keele) to Lindops Lane
26/08/10 (2691) (Madeley) has been the subject of road works resulting in traffic management (such a traffic lights) for the Full response sent
last 5 years and the duration of each occurence.
If the Staffordshire County Council has a purchasing card programme, please could you answer the
following queries: 1. Which bank provides your purchasing card scheme? 2. What was the total amount of
spend placed through the scheme last financial year (1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010)? 3. When does your
27/08/10 (2692) contract for the supply of purchasing cards expire? 4. Does the contract have a break clause? If the Full response sent
organisation does not have a purchasing card programme, please could you confirm this is the case. If the
organisation has more than one programme could you provide answers for all the programmes that are
currently running in the organisation.
31/08/10 (2705) Please could I know the budget allocated for the "Check the Label" campaign. Full response sent