Tuck Everlasting Questions Prologue and Chapter 1
1. What month does this story take place?
2. How often did Mae meet her sons?
3. What was Winnie Foster going to decide to do?
4. Who originally cut the road to Treegap?
5. Who owned the woods?
6. Who lived in the town that had not been in the woods?
7. What was in the center of the wood?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 2 and 3
1. What was Mae not supposed to wear according to Tuck?
2. What was the one pretty thing that Mae owned?
3. What could Mae do to her hair without looking?
4. Who hasn’t changed to Mae for 87 years?
5. What were the names of Mae’s sons?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 4 and 5
1. What was Winnie doing when the stranger came?
2. What did the stranger say he was looking for?
3. What color was the stranger’s suit?
4. Who did grandmother think made the music?
5. Why did Winnie think she was a failure?
6. Who did Winnie first meet in the wood?
7. What did the boy do as Winnie watched him?
8. How old was the boy?
9. What did the boy not allow Winnie to do?
10. How did the boy joke with Winnie?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 6 & 7
1. While Winnie was being kidnapped, who did she wish could see it all?
2. Who did Winnie see on the road as they left the wood?
3. What did Mae say to the man they passed as they kidnapped Winnie?
4. When did Mae promise to take her home?
5. What did Mae do to make Winnie stop crying?
6. What was the wood like 87 years before?
7. Who didn’t drink the water from the spring when the others did?
8. What did Miles’s wife think when at 40 he still looked 20?
9. What did Tuck carve on the tree?
10. What did Tuck do with his shotgun?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 8 & 9
1. Why didn’t Miles think that Winnie was the only other person to know about
2. Why did the Tucks make Winnie feel old?
3. What did they eat on the way to their home?
4. How did Jesse entertain Winnie on the way?
5. What name did Jesse call Miles?
6. Who, besides Winnie, heard the whole story they told?
7. What color was the Tucks’ house?
8. What did the boys do when they got home?
9. How did Tuck feel about Winnie coming?
10. How many years had it been since a good thing had happened, according to
Tuck Everlasting Chapters 10-11
1. What was different about the Tucks’ home compared to Winnie’s?
2. Where did the boys sleep?
3. What was the difference about eating at their table?
4. What kind of flowers were placed everywhere?
5. What work did the Tucks (Mae and Angus) do to make money?
6. Where did Tuck want to take Winnie for a talk?
7. What did Miles do for work?
8. What did Winnie tell them at dinner that she wanted to do?
9. What else did Winnie tell them that made them nervous?
10. What did Miles and Jesse both argue about wanting to do?
Chapter 14-15 Questions
1. What was stolen from the Tucks?
2. What did the man in the yellow suit probably tell Winnie’s parents by now?
3. Where did Winnie sleep?
4. How old is Winnie?
5. How many people came to talk to Winnie before she fell asleep?
6. What did Jesse ask Winnie?
7. How did the man in the yellow suit know where she was?
8. What item did Winnie refuse to wear?
9. What was the trade the man in the yellow suit suggested?
10. True or False- Winnie’s family seemed happy to make the trade.
Tuck Everlasting Chapter 16-17 Questions
1. The constable was described as _______ and _______________.
2. What news surprised the constable when the man in the yellow suit talked
to him about the woods?
3. How far did they have to travel to the Tucks?
4. What had never happened in the area according to the constable?
5. Name one thing that the man got annoyed with the constable for and what
did he decide to do?
6. Where did Miles take Winnie
7. How were Jesse and Miles different when Winnie compared them?
8. What was Miles’ daughter’s name?
9. How old was Miles’ son (current)? How old would his daughter be?
10. Why didn’t Miles let his children drink the water?
11. What was Miles going to do with his life?
12. What did Winnie want to happen to the fish that Miles caught and why?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 20-21
1. Why did Mae say she hit the man?
2. What did Winnie say she could not bear to see that had to do with Tuck?
3. Who went back to Treegap with the constable?
4. What did Winnie tell Tuck before she left him?
5. What did Winnie think must never happen if she could help it?
6. What did Grandma say made Winnie say she had not been kidnapped?
7. How could the Fosters get the woods back?
8. What news did the constable bring the Fosters?
9. What had Winnie once killed that she regretted?
10. What weather does Winnie wish for?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapters 22-24
1. What did Winnie ask her grandmother for so she could take it outside?
2. Who hid behind Winnie’s fence?
3. How did Miles plan to get Mae out of jail?
4. What did Jesse give to Winnie?
5. How did Winnie feel she could help in Mae’s escape plan?
6. What time was the breakout?
7. Where did Winnie hide the water from the spring?
8. What did Winnie think she would do at age 17?
9. What silly thing did Winnie think of that she could say to her parents after she
10. What was the last thing Winnie heard after she said goodbye?
Tuck Everlasting Questions Chapter 25-Epilogue
1. What happened when a dog came along the road by Winnie’s?
2. Why wasn’t Winnie punished by the law?
3. What did Winnie do with the bottle of water?
4. What did Winnie decide she could do if she needed more water?
5. Why did Winnie feel guilty about her family?
6. How did her parents treat her after the constable caught her?
7. What happened to the wood and Winnie’s home years later?
8. Where did Mae and Tuck go to get information?
9. What did the man tell them about the tree?
10. What proof did Mae and Angus find that showed that Winnie never drank