SA Carer Recognition Awards
Terms and conditions
SA Carer Recognition Awards is an annual awards scheme in South Australia,
designed to raise the profile and awareness of carers (as defined by SA Carers
Recognition Act 2005) by recognising contributions made by organisations through
excellence of service and commitment to carers as their customers and employees.
A. Terms and conditions
1. Categories for the SA Carer Recognition Awards are:
1. Outstanding initiative for carers as customers
By a business
By a non government organisation
By a government agency
By a general practice
2. Outstanding initiative for carers as employees
By a business
By non government organisations
By a government agency
By a general medical practice
2. This document, the instructions on how to enter the awards, the official entry
form (all available at www.sa.gov.au/carers) and all other details about the SA
Carer Recognition Awards contained within promotional material all form part of
the terms and conditions of entry. The terms and conditions of entry apply to all
entrants in all categories.
3. The SA Carer Recognition Awards will be administered Office for Carers,
Department for Families and Communities, South Australian Government.
4. Entry to the SA Carer Recognition Awards is open to all businesses, companies,
non profit organisations, government agencies and general medical practices
operating in South Australia.
5. Nominations for the SA Carer Recognition Awards will commence on Monday 9
May 2011 and close at 5pm on Friday 29 July 2011. Acceptance of late
nominations is at discretion of Office for Carers and the Carer Recognition
Awards Steering Group.
6. The nomination process (available at www.sa.gov.au/carers) must be completed
for each entry. Mailed nominations must be received by Office for Carers (not
postmarked) by the closing date.
7. By submitting a nomination, nominating individuals/organisations are
acknowledging and accepting these terms and conditions.
8. Judges will have complete discretion in assessing entries, applying the judging
criteria, conditions of entry and determining the awards. The Judges reserve the
right to move entries into an award category other than that entered if it is
deemed more appropriate, and/or not to allocate an award in a particular
9. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The assessment, conduct and results of the awards will not create any legal
obligations or liability, however arising, between nominees, nominating parties
and Office for Carers, Department for Families and Communities, the South
Australian or Commonwealth Governments, awards sponsors, judging panel or
Steering Group members, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
11. In the event an entrant that is judged to have won a category is found to have
failed to abide by these terms and conditions, that entrant may not be entitled to
the relevant award, and the judging panel may assign the relevant award to
another nominee or not assign it at all.
12. No responsibility is taken for any loss of or damage to nominations.
13. Nominations and supporting material will not be returned to nominees or
14. Each nominee warrants that its entry reflects original work and does not breach
intellectual property rights or otherwise interfere with third-party rights.
15. Office for Carers reserves the right to decline or disqualify a nomination at its
absolute discretion, including but not limited to situations in which the nominee,
or a related person or organisation, is the subject of an allegation(s) of
inappropriate conduct which could bring the SA Carer Recognition Awards into
16. All nominees agree to allow Office for Carers to seek further verification for
evidence made in an entry, including the provision of additional referees.
17. The Department for Families and Communities will ensure that there is no
disclosure to any third party of any information provided which is marked
confidential, except with prior consent or where such a disclosure is required by
18. By entering the SA Carer Recognition Awards, the nominating party warrants
that all information provided is true, accurate and complete to their knowledge.
19. All entrants authorise, subject to receipt of prior written notification, the
Department for Families and Communities to use the information contained in
nominations, other than confidential information, for promotional purposes.
20. Office for Carers reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions for the SA
Carer Recognition Awards in any way, at any time before the closing date at its
absolute discretion. Nominees will be notified of any such amendment prior to
the closing date.
21. The State Government of South Australia accepts no responsibility for the
suitability, accuracy or completeness of any material or representation
associated with the SA Carers Recognition Awards and expressly disclaims all
liability for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information or
representation associated with the Awards.