Class Dates: May 7-11, 2012
Location: Hillsborough Community College
2002 N. 17th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
1) Be a Florida law enforcement officer or
assistant state attorney.
2) Have successfully completed Standardized
Field Sobriety Testing .
* Attendees will be asked to demonstrate profi-
ciency on the first day of class.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
All materials are provided by FPSI.
WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES TO ATTEND?
Tuition for this training is provided through a
grant so there is no cost to you or your agency.
ASK US ABOUT HOSTING A CLASS AT YOUR AGENCY OR ACADEMY!
Housing and meals are NOT covered under the
COURSE DESCRIPTION. grant, so your agency will be responsible for
making these arrangements.
This course is designed to teach the student instructor how to effec-
tively present the DUI Traffic Stops portion of the Florida Basic Recruit ENROLLMENT
Training Program. The student instructor will learn the foundation of
the DUI training found in the National Highway Traffic Safety Admini- Contact Brooke Stone at email@example.com for
stration (NHTSA) training program. A comprehensive review of the registration.
validation studies will be given. The students will review the SFST pro-
gram and will learn the effective teaching techniques to delivering this
In less than 7 days you will receive an email
course of instruction. Upon completion the student will be able to pre-
indicating you are enrolled in the course.
sent this course of instruction in basic recruit training or other similar
Course topics will include:
• The NHTSA and Florida DUI stops training programs
• Detailed review of the validation studies
• Florida DUI statutes and other case law
Florida Public Safety Institute
• Written and recorded (Audio/Video) documentation
75 College Drive
• Instructor techniques for DUI training Havana, Florida 32333
• How to use the DUI training videos in a “dry lab”
• Methods for administering a “wet lab” training session
• Practice wet lab administration Contact: Brooke Stone
• Instructor presentations firstname.lastname@example.org