GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (Bharat Sarkar)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (Rail Mantralya)
(RAIL WAY BOARD)
N0.2012ffG- I/20/P/Publicity New Delhi, dated 02.02.2012
Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO.I0 OF 2012)
Sub: Publicity regarding facility of booking of vacant accommodation at
As per extant procedure, vacant reserved accommodation available on trains
after preparation of reservation charts can be booked at current counters of the train
originating station upto a specified time before departure of trains. It appears that
owing to lack of awareness among passengers, this is misused by unscrupulous
elements/intermediaries for providing confirmed accommodation to passengers at a
premium by using the current counter facility. There have been a few misleading
media reports in this regard.
2. It is, therefore, desired as under:-
(i) Adequate publicity regarding the facility of booking of vacant
accommodation available on trains at current counters of train originating station,
after preparation of reservation charts, may be given through all possible means.
(ii) Zonal Railways should notify through newspapers and other means, the
names of stations where the facility of reservation at current counters is available.
(iii) Delhi Division of Northern Railway is showing the train-wise details of
available accommodation at current counters at DelhilNew DelhilHazrat
NizamuddinlDelhi Sarai Rohilla through internet. Such innovative measures can also
be experimented by other Zonal Railways. ~~ --
Director Traffic Commercial (G)-II
1) CCMlPMs and CCMlPSs, all Zonal Railways.
ADGIPR, ED(IP), EDV (T), EDFC, DF(C), OSD/TC, F(C) & V (SS)
Branches of Railway Board.
3) MDIIRCTC, Bank ofBaroda Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi.
4) General ManagerlPRS, CRIS, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
Director General, Professor/Training & Professor/Commercial Railway Staff
Dell/MID:/My DocumenlsIReservalion Facililiesllener 2012
6) The Principals, Zonal Training Centers, Central Railway/Bhusaval, Eastern
Railway Dhanbad, Northern Railway, Chandausi, NE Railway, Muzaffarpur,
NF Railway, Alipurduar, Southern Railway, Trichy, Western Railway,
7) General Secretary, National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR), 3,
Chelmsford Road, New Delhi.
8) General Secretary, All India Railwaymen Federation (AIRF), 4, State Entry
Road, New Delhi.
9) Secretary General, Federation of Railway Officers Association (FROA),
Room No.256-A, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
10) Secretary General, Indian Railway Promotee Officers Federation (IRPOF),
Room No.268, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
11) Secretary General, All India RPF Association, Room No.256-D, Rail
Bhawan, New Delhi
12} CTM, Metro Railway, Metro Rail Bhavan, 33/1, J L Nehru Road, Kolkata-71.
DelllM/D:/My DocumentsIReservation Facilities/letter 2012